PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Fantasy Grounds Unity and Demo Versions

UrsaTeddy
March 28th, 2020, 09:35
Greetings All,

My gaming group and I want to try out Fantasy Grounds Unity.

We obviously like the idea of "try before you buy".

How many players can a GM host using a Demo version of the software at once? Is it just 1-on-1 or can I try the 3 players at once - we would like to test connection speeds out etc.

We are all using Discord at this stage but would like some interactivity - like character sheets etc etc.

Aside from that ... if I (the GM) had the Ultimate version of the software, could players use the Demo version of the software (hence only I would pay for the software) ?

Any help appreciated
D

damned
March 28th, 2020, 09:43
Demo is 1:1
You can sub for an Ultimate and the Demo players can connect and if you are not happy you can request a refund within 30days.

UrsaTeddy
March 28th, 2020, 10:17
Demo is 1:1
You can sub for an Ultimate and the Demo players can connect and if you are not happy you can request a refund within 30days.

Thank you for the reply ... so that would be a no to demo-ing with multiple demo players using a demo version?

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2020, 11:37
You cannot host a game at all with the demo version of Unity. Not even 1:1, You could do this with Classic but not with Unity.

As damned says take out a sub for a month if you want to test it out. If it's not for you you can cancel the sub within 30 days and get a refund by emailing [email protected].

Trenloe
March 28th, 2020, 11:48
Details of what the various FGU versions can (and can't do) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php

damned
March 28th, 2020, 12:49
my bad folks - I had forgotten that. You cannot demo FGU without a license.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2020, 19:29
To clarify, you can try out the software, make characters and check out the interface. However, a license is required to have anyone connect to your campaign.

Regards,
JPG