PDA

View Full Version : LFP – Qty 1-4 - AD&D 2nd Ed (2E)- "Against the Slavelords" (A0-A4) on Sunday nights

Dredge
March 28th, 2020, 03:50
FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) Ultimate License.
This means that FGC will not connect with FGU. However, since I have a (FGU) Ultimate License, I can connect with FGU DEMO players (which is free).
Game System: AD&D 2nd ED (2E).

Time Zone: i.e. CST, Central Standard Time USA
Day of week and time: Saturday April 5th (if enough players join) at 7pm CST – 10:30pm CST.
We just barely started, one encounter. The party is in the town and have open slots for people to join.
Planned Duration & Frequency: If everything gels, meet every Sunday night
Term: If everything gels, continue playing all five adventures (A0-A4).

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice required.
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 50/50. But will take que from party,
Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum 4 max 7. Age 18+
Currently have 4, players. (Dwarven Fighter, Human Paladin, Dwarven cleric & Gnome Bard)
2 NPC's Elven conjuror & Halfling Thief

Now Open

Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 2nd level. 2nd Ed players handbook. Note: Kits are allowed, but the player must provide the source material. I do not have any of the ‘complete’ books.

For ability scores player has two choices:
1) Choice
Use the following array for ability scores:
17 15 13 12 10 9
Player may reduce a higher score in order raise a lower score. For example:
16 15 13 13 10 9 or
15 15 13 14 10 9

2) Choice
roll 4d6 and drop the lowest dice (6x)
Place scores as desire.
Note: DM needs to witness these rolls

Equipment: starting gold plus 1 gear pack

Character restrictions: i.e. 2nd Ed players handbook

Details of your scenario: New to Fantasy Grounds, but roleplaying on and off for 17 years! I am looking to give FG a spin as a GM. I make no guarantees it will work, but it will be a fun distraction at the very least!

billye1982
March 28th, 2020, 04:39
Huzzah. Looking forward to it!

Nephron
March 29th, 2020, 05:18
2E is a great edition. A lot of what they did for 5E was to work towards trying to capture the feel of 2E. Worth going directly to the source to see what it is about. The system is very easy as a new player, as the rules are more about decisions during play than decisions during character building. Roll and complete a character in literally 5 minutes, and then roleplay as a novice adventurer as you learn the ins and outs of how to be competent in interacting with combat and the world.

The Gold & Glory rules pdf is free and is almost entirely identical to the rules content of the 2E PHB. Costs you nothing to take a look at the system.

Charcon
March 29th, 2020, 06:59
Wow! This would be amazing! So 7pm on Sundays would be the game? If so I am IN!!! My kids play college football and Friday/ Saturdays are a bitch in fall and other times. I have played 35 plus years but haven't played 2e in a while but this module set sounds great! I am fun and friendly and believe in the fun story and not being a tool bag to others in game. Let me know! I can pitch in for maps or anything you may need also.

StylinLP38
March 29th, 2020, 07:29
This sounds like so much fun. I havn't run AD&D 2nd edition since the early 90's and miss the standard version without the splat books. The slave lords are a cult classic great module series but never had the pleasure to play them. The Wild Coast is a fun and dangerous place to adventure and it would be exciting to play there. If thr party needs a Ranger or a Druid than I am your man. Men of the Gnarley shall not stand these evil men no longer in the forest! :)

Dredge
March 29th, 2020, 15:09
Wow! This would be amazing! So 7pm on Sundays would be the game? If so I am IN!!! My kids play college football and Friday/ Saturdays are a bitch in fall and other times. I have played 35 plus years but haven't played 2e in a while but this module set sounds great! I am fun and friendly and believe in the fun story and not being a tool bag to others in game. Let me know! I can pitch in for maps or anything you may need also.

Please PM me your character concept.
I am the DM.

Dredge
March 29th, 2020, 15:13
Stylin_P38
The party needs a Ranger. If you are interested please PM me. I am the DM.

Charcon
March 29th, 2020, 22:12
Sent a PM

billye1982
March 29th, 2020, 23:10
I’m ready to roll my stats and make my character!

Charcon
March 29th, 2020, 23:33
Do we make our characters in FG for 2e? I have for 5e before...

Charcon
March 29th, 2020, 23:41
The slave lords don't have a chance against Budge Bronzehammer the dwarven fighter....eh whats this? two ELVES in the group? Bah! LOL!

Dredge
March 30th, 2020, 00:45
Do we make our characters in FG for 2e? I have for 5e before...

Characters are 2E

Charcon
March 30th, 2020, 01:02
Yes but do we make them using charactermancer at the first session? or make them on paper for 2e? I have not used FG for 2e.

Dredge
March 30th, 2020, 01:16
character manager

JohnD
March 30th, 2020, 02:06
Have fun guys!

Nephron
March 30th, 2020, 02:20
The slave lords don't have a chance against Budge Bronzehammer the dwarven fighter....eh whats this? two ELVES in the group? Bah! LOL!

One is actually a half elf. Plus they are an armorer, engineer, and stonemason. Yer no dwarf if you bah at an armorer, engineer, and stonemason in one package regardless of the shape of their ears.

billye1982
March 30th, 2020, 02:35

This halfling has many elf stories to tell you good dwarf friend!

Charcon
March 30th, 2020, 06:03
Get those characters in because this is going to be fun!!! Ready, set GO!!! Breakin out me ale!!!

Charcon
March 30th, 2020, 06:04
Pointy ears is pointy ears.... (LOL!).

Charcon
March 30th, 2020, 06:07
Hopefully they be about their broken bow strings!!! Halflings is good folk and usually good at spinning yarns too!! Maybe ye can talk to the halfling that owns the Happy Cow tavern in Daggerford for me and put in a good word since I got kicked out of there?

Dredge
April 11th, 2020, 20:47
Updated need more players

xKrisx
April 12th, 2020, 06:22
This halfling has many elf stories to tell you good dwarf friend!

Stories of glory and fantastic adventures I hope :p

billye1982
April 12th, 2020, 18:42
Stories of glory and fantastic adventures I hope :p

Eh. They have done some ok things over the centuries :)

thealfredeffect
April 12th, 2020, 21:51
Hi there. I would love the chance to get in some 2e if there is still room in the party.

Dredge
April 12th, 2020, 22:22
Hi there. I would love the chance to get in some 2e if there is still room in the party.

I will pm you

Dredge
May 18th, 2020, 02:05
Now Open

We had a couple of players drop out , due to family comments.

We are about 2/3rd way of completing A0. This still leaves A1-A4.

kjeffs
May 18th, 2020, 03:38
If there are spots available And it is Sunday evening I would be interested in playing

Dredge
July 30th, 2020, 02:36
Now Open

We had a couple of players drop out , due to family comments.

We are about half way in completing A1. This still leaves A2-A4.