PDA

View Full Version : RolemasterClassic ruleset v2.0 (based on CoreRPG)

Pages : [1] 2

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 02:02
Yes, this is really happening, and this post will be long so sorry about that. I know you’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and this conversion has been really difficult. I’ve had at least 7 failed attempts. This was mainly because I couldn’t get a version going that I could use when GMing. Luckily, I was able to get a version going that I could use in my game in May of last year. It was rough the first few weeks but from that point I was able to make small changes to slowly implement more features of CoreRPG and some things that I’ve wanted to add for a very long time. We stopped playing at the end of September, but I made enough progress that I could continue to work on it. I’ve had it in a good place the last couple months, but I’ve been trying to clean up as much as possible so that it can hopefully be a smooth transition for you.

There were a few people that helped me along the way that I want to thank:

JPG for answering questions along the way and just helping me out in general.
Trenloe for pointing me in the right direction for the first version that I could use to run my campaign using and for helping me wrap my head around CoreRPG effects.
BlackCultist for creating the reference manuals for Character Law and Creatures & Treasures.
Elvedui for helping with researching things, getting data together for me and for providing additional feedback.

This is at least the initial release. I still plan on adding to it but wanted to get it out to all of you instead of making you wait while I add new features and update things.
It will be loaded to the test channel first since I need it to be tested a bit more so I can resolve any issues before it gets moved to the live channel. I do plan on putting together some documentation but here is an overview of some of the changes. I’ve only done minimal testing in FGU so far. I plan on testing that in more depth now and adjusting the fonts in the ruleset so everything lines up properly.

This version changes things significantly so please test it without a live campaign at first. Then when you are ready make a copy of your campaign before using it because you won’t be able to use it with any version of the ruleset before 2.0. It will update characters, combat tracker entries, NPCs, items, notes, etc. You will also have to update any hotkey bar shortcuts because there isn't a way for me to migrate those. The ruleset will make a backup of your campaign before it starts migrating it but still make a copy just in case.

I had to change the way the tables in the ruleset were stored so they wouldn’t conflict with the Fantasy Grounds Tables that come with CoreRPG. There are new versions of the modules (Arms Law, Character Law, Spell Law, Creatures & Treasures, Rolemaster Fantasy Weapons and Rolemaster The Armoury) that handle this.

You will see a Rolemaster Tables button that contains the old tables you are used to seeing in the ruleset. The Fantasy Grounds Tables are the CoreRPG versions. Modules should work except for those that contain Rolemaster tables that use the Table Resolver. For those you will need to change the <tables> and </tables>tags to <RMTables> and </RMTables> respectively. If you don’t make this change then the tables won’t show up in the Rolemaster Tables.

There were a few other module changes like the reference manuals for Character Law and Creatures & Treasures. These are the only reference manuals at this point. A few FG tables were added to the modules. There aren’t many at this point since I still have update the code for those tables to handle open-ended rolls. The other changes to the modules were updates to the NPCs, items and critical tables for the effects.
I tried to make it so existing modules except those with RM tables would work so I don’t anticipate any issues there. I’ve tested it with the modules in the store and the ones that I’ve made for my game. I haven’t seen any issues for awhile but please let me know if you encounter any issues.

I doubt any extensions will work with this version without at least some modifications since the ruleset is so different from the current version. I would recommend disabling any extensions before initially using it unless you have some that have already been updated for this new version. I will post updated versions of the Smooth and Linear Stat Bonus extensions shortly after it is on the test channel.

I think I have most of the CoreRPG features working. They should be complete except for the Effects. This includes the Party Sheet, Calendar, Options, Modifiers, Fantasy Grounds Tables, Quests, Parcels, etc.

There are also new sidebar items for professions, races, skills and spell lists. These can be dragged to the appropriate locations on the character sheet and provide additional details about them. The races are done. I plan on adding more to the professions, skills and spell lists.

The modifiers window has new toggle buttons. There is a Difficulty toggle for skills and stats. The Flank/Rear and Cover toggles are for attacks.

For the effects, I’ve covered the effects (penalty, must parry, stun, stun no parry, and bleeding) that are in the pre-2.0 version of the ruleset. Descriptions will be included in the Penalty effects along with other things that I thought were significant for the GM to handle using the healing rules. I did add handling for the conditional effects. So, if the critical has different results based on the protection (for example, metal chest armor) the target has it will apply the appropriate effects.

This is where the new items are used. The items are quite different and were one of the things that kept tripping me up because the pre-2.0 version of the ruleset had multiple versions of the items (inventory items/weapons, herbs, transport and GM campaign items). Getting these all integrated and working smoothly was a challenge. Now that they are all combined, there are quite a few benefits including the fact that the GM can now store items directly in the campaign instead of creating a character to store them in.

For armor, items now track AT, DB bonus, MM penalties, and protections for 6 different locations. This is no longer hard coded in the ruleset so you can create armor that has different AT and maneuver penalties. The protection locations (head, face, neck, torso, arms and legs) can have leather, metal or none for protection. Those values will be used by the ruleset to apply the conditional criticals appropriately. The armor in Character Law has been updated with these new values and new armor has been added to handled ATs 10, 14, and 18 since I combined the greaves with the breastplates.
On the character sheet combat tab, you equip your character’s armor, helmet, primary hand, secondary hand and adder/multiplier. The tool tips for these fields will tell you what can be equipped in these fields. These fields will update your AT, MM penalties, DB, protection values, and spell adder/PP multiplier. Unfortunately, the armor stats aren’t in the items from the pre-2.0 version of the ruleset.
Yes, it will update your power points for PP multipliers and keep track of your spell adder uses. Keeping the used values updated is still a manual process but I do have plans on how to incorporate this. I also have some ideas on how to automate ESF rolls. This won’t happen until a future update.

The character sheet main tab has been completely redone. There are detailed sections for the stats, RRs and move & init with a red magnifying glass to see the details. The profession and race fields now include links to the module information. These will show more details about the profession or race. The stats allow you to store damage on all 10 stats so you can track damage from undead or stat deterioration. The power points section is where the spell adder and multiplier values are.
There are other features that I've added but this should keep you busy for a little while so I will end it here. :)

I will post here after it is moved to the test channel. Please let me know if you have any questions or encounter any issue once you can test it.

Dakadin

Majyk
March 28th, 2020, 02:17
Omggyesomgyesomgyes, nicely done!

Ardem
March 28th, 2020, 02:23
Hi Dakadin,

Will this overwrite the current RMC or be a new product all together. The reason I ask is because for extension purposes like RMFRP, took a long time for me to make and I doubt I could get it up and going again as quick as an update. If is it a complete different product atleast all the old extension would still work and can play them, until i get around for a RMFRP for 2.0. Unless you have plans around that, but I assume your first priority would be RMU.

This means current campaign can continue along all areas, without interruption.

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 02:28
It will overwrite the existing ruleset and modules. This is part of the reason I want it in the test channel for awhile before moving it to live. It will give you and others time to update extensions and allow me to take care of the issues that come up. One plus for you is I haven't changed the skills tab and your updates to rules_stats.lua should be easy to incorporate because I didn't make many changes to that file. Feel free to ask me if you need help though.

Ardem
March 28th, 2020, 02:36
When you mean awhile how long do I have cause currently I going to be swamped for 2 weeks work wise, got a rough timeline

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 02:39
I was thinking for a 2-3 weeks depending on how things go. You can also always just unzip the current version into a folder with the same so that you can keep using it longer if needed.

Siltoneous
March 28th, 2020, 04:15
I think I just wet myself! :D Incredible job, and thank you for the undertaking.

JohnD
March 28th, 2020, 05:39
Well it took me 10 minutes to read and digest that beautiful post, and then another 5 minutes to pick myself up off the floor.

Thank you.

Wolf_Shield
March 28th, 2020, 11:32
We see here, Dakadin, a god amongst us mere mortals! Thank you so much for spending your time on doing this for us!
Cheers!

Ernoldo
March 28th, 2020, 11:38
Thank you Dakadin for the work! U just made a group of 8 MERP/RM fanatics really happy!

Stuart
March 28th, 2020, 11:46
Thank-you Dakadian ... this is fantastic! Will post on the Rolemaster Forums.

Asterionaisien
March 28th, 2020, 13:06
Thank you very much for your work!

Vackipleur
March 28th, 2020, 13:38
Thank you very much Dakadin :)

Elvedui
March 28th, 2020, 16:00
We all appreciate the hard work Dakadin. This will help a lot of people.

esmdev
March 28th, 2020, 16:25
Awesome. Totally awesome.

Thanks for all the work!

Samzagas
March 28th, 2020, 16:49
I love when great news come out of nothing and brighten my day, thanks Dakadin!
I'm sure a lot of us are going to give this a lot of use.

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 18:42
Thanks. I appreciate it but you will want to wait until you get a chance to try it. With all the changes and mainly me testing it, I do expect issues to come up. I do think you will be happy with it in the long run though. I tried to include as much functionality as possible from the existing ruleset and add to it. One of the things I haven't figured out yet is how to get the phased combat working so that didn't make it into this release yet.

I did add a couple minor things to the Table Resolver though:

They are a Hits Multiplier, Unmodified Roll, and Max Roll.

The Hits Multiplier is for those attacks that are 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. When you drag the result from the Table Resolver, it will multiplier the Hits by the Hits Multiplier. It will do this for attack and critical tables.

The Unmodified Roll will store the first roll for an attack or MM. This allows you to change that value. It comes in handy if you are trying to use the ruleset with a bunch of players around a table not using FG which I've done a couple times. I have them roll the dice while I roll the appropriate attack and then I replace the roll field with their die result. It just didn't work well when they got one of the unmodified results on the table because I would sometime miss them if there were large modifiers.

The Max Roll will limit the roll for the table. It is for the claw law or martial arts attacks that don't max at 150. For example, a Small or Rank 1 attack has a max of 105, if 105 is in the Max Roll field then it will stop the attack at that result.

Dakadin

Siltoneous
March 28th, 2020, 19:41
I suspect I have the same feeling that others have; we're both giddy and elated at the signs of any progress, regardless of the shape of it. It's such a contrast to the deafening roar of silence we've gotten used to receiving from ICE. As long as there's a helpful way for users to send you notifications of issues and findings, I suspect testers will come out of the woodwork. :)

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 19:44
Any issues can be posted here. I always try to resolve them as quickly as possible.

strubbel
March 28th, 2020, 20:56
Sounds awesome, thanks for all the work you put in.
I was currently trying to build an extension/ module with some races and professions from the companions. Do you already have any hints or examples how these should be adapted for the new version?

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 21:10
I would hold off until the new version since you can create the races directing in FG and export them as a module. I've tested exporting them as a module and it works great. All the races from C&T are already in there and the GM can share them with the PCs if he wants to allow them. For the professions, right now it will only all the basic information and not the skill costs or spell lists. I plan on adding that extra information in the future though. Here is what it looks like now:

When creating a new version, all of those fields are editable. Just use the same format as the existing races and professions and you should be fine.

Verisimilitude
March 28th, 2020, 22:08
Thank you Dakadin. Much appreciated!

JohnD
March 28th, 2020, 22:23
Is there any possibility of having the dice used for initiative be malleable? I'd like to be able to use a percentile roll instead of 2d10 for example to provide more variability for example.

Dakadin
March 28th, 2020, 23:12
Yes, I planned on adding some other initiative options but wasn't going to for this initial release. I just remembered though that the ruleset is actually using d100 instead of 2d10 because it is what I use. :p I will see about adding an option for this release so you can choose between the two options. Are there any other initiative rolls that people use? If they are just different dice, I should be able to incorporate it soon.

colomal
March 29th, 2020, 00:18
Totally stoked! Thanks a million! wooohoo

Dakadin
March 29th, 2020, 01:25
Is there any possibility of having the dice used for initiative be malleable? I'd like to be able to use a percentile roll instead of 2d10 for example to provide more variability for example.

It isn't completely malleable where you can drag whatever dice you want but I did add an option for it with the following possible values:
Core: 2d10
d100
Open-Ended
High Open-Ended
Low Open-Ended

It will default to Core: 2d10.

esmdev
March 29th, 2020, 03:31
It isn't completely malleable where you can drag whatever dice you want but I did add an option for it with the following possible values:
Core: 2d10
d100
Open-Ended
High Open-Ended
Low Open-Ended

It will default to Core: 2d10.

Seems like a good cross section of what people might want.

Stuart
March 29th, 2020, 06:27
I would hold off until the new version since you can create the races directing in FG and export them as a module. I've tested exporting them as a module and it works great. All the races from C&T are already in there and the GM can share them with the PCs if he wants to allow them. For the professions, right now it will only all the basic information and not the skill costs or spell lists. I plan on adding that extra information in the future though. Here is what it looks like now:

When creating a new version, all of those fields are editable. Just use the same format as the existing races and professions and you should be fine.

For us Shadow World uses ... that is particularly awesome. Thank-you Dakadian!

JohnD
March 29th, 2020, 07:17
Is there anything in particular we need to watch out for when opening existing games in the new ruleset?

monkeyboy_9000
March 29th, 2020, 08:03
This is Great news, well done and thanks for all the hard work Dakadin

Trenloe
March 29th, 2020, 09:56
Is there anything in particular we need to watch out for when opening existing games in the new ruleset?
See the fifth paragraph in post #1.

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 06:14
Ran a session for the first time in awhile and found a few things to resolve but it went pretty well. There were only a couple minor issues.

MoNeart
March 30th, 2020, 16:56
Hi Dakadin,

Is this running on FG Unity?

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 17:05
I've only done basic testing on Unity so far. I still need to adjust some of the fonts.

I am waiting for it to be pushed to the test channel but I know they are really busy with the influx of new people and the network issues so we will have to be patient. :)

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2020, 18:32
This new version of RMC is now available in the Test channel of both FGC and FGU.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 18:37
Thanks. Sorry I didn't mean to put any pressure on you since I know you are very busy. Thanks again.

MoNeart
March 30th, 2020, 19:08
Thanks much! Just changed my FGU to test and loaded it up, looks sweet!

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 19:17
Let me know if you encounter any issues. I already have a few on my list but I would like to get it all cleaned up before having it moved to the live channel.

MoNeart
March 30th, 2020, 19:51
Is there a way to save the die rolls in the clipboard? (FGU) I just started rolling the open ended d100 over and over and noticed I was getting open-ended results a lot more frequently that I would expect - like 1 out of 5 to 1 out of 10, sometimes 2 in a row... I can record with my phone and scroll down all the rolls if that would help, or do screen shots...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq-92qBOY_4&feature=youtu.be

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 20:16
The rolls will vary quite a bit but if they are normal open-ended rolls, you will open end on 10% of the rolls (1-5 and 96-100). For high open-ended rolls they should happen around 5% of the time. If you want a list of all the chat entries, you can find a chatlog.html in the campaigns\<campaign name> folder.

strubbel
March 30th, 2020, 23:14
Wow, loks great, feels great and a lot of stuff is easier now, or maybe I just did not understand the version before as well :). Just two things happened in my initial playing around in FGC:
1. stat generation process for new characters results in Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_statgen.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'StatGenMinRollValue' (a nil value)
and when an enemy dies de to effects ( dies in 9 rounds, wait for it, dead) but still has HP left, then it is not deletable (and maybe not skipped).

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 23:21
Yeah, I've been spoiled using it the last 9 months as it's gotten progressively better. I would have to open up the old version to verify things before answering posts because there were a few times I would think 'wait it has that feature' and then I would remember my version had it. :p

Thanks for those reports. I've added them to my list and will look into them. I am thinking about providing updates once a week or so until things are running smoothly.

Dakadin
March 30th, 2020, 23:26
when an enemy dies de to effects ( dies in 9 rounds, wait for it, dead) but still has HP left, then it is not deletable (and maybe not skipped).

Thinking about this one more, you should be able to right click on them to delete them still. I do need to add the delete button to them though when the Dead or Dying effect is applied. I noticed that when I ran a session yesterday. Please let me know if you can't delete it with the radial menu though.

Dakadin
March 31st, 2020, 02:44
1. stat generation process for new characters results in Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_statgen.lua"]:52: attempt to call field 'StatGenMinRollValue' (a nil value)

I couldn't replicate this one but I am guessing you have an extension that modifies stats loaded. Do you have any extensions loaded?

I added another check in the code to prevent the error but it will only using the default of 20 if it would encounter this error.

It also reminds me that I need to upload the new versions of the smooth and linear stat bonuses.

Dakadin
March 31st, 2020, 05:57
The latest version of linear and smooth stats extensions have been updated to work with RMC v1.8 and RMC v2.0+ so you can use them with either version of the ruleset.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18058-Smooth-and-Linear-Stat-Extensions

JohnD
March 31st, 2020, 06:08
Nice... I like the smooth stats. Thanks again.

strubbel
March 31st, 2020, 07:10
Great, it really was the stats extension causing the error as it is the one extension I would really not like to play without. By the way, both 'issues' were no show-stoppers to begin with, thanks a lot!

strubbel
April 4th, 2020, 10:50
So, after our latest session with the new ruleset in action in FG Classic I found some things I would like to let you know.

When opening a charsheet in classic I get a lot of nil Value issues in the console, these seem to be the new fields that were added like NextLevelXP, PPMult, SpellAdder, ShieldDb etc. I am not familiar with Lua, but would suggest that they need to be referenced differently (at least in FGClassic)?
Also I get lots of GetInventoryItemLink errors from the new fields where the new equipment is tracked, like equipped_armor.
Third one is a script error from the rules_skills_lua when trying to roll directly from a skill in the skills window. This one I might have actually fixed by myself by trying to change ChatManager.throwDice to Comm.throwDice which seems to work at least in FGClassic (I think that's why there is a split between versions <4 and higher implemented) ?

Hope that helps and if you do not want to invest too much time into FGClassic, I would be happy to get some pointers and hints to try and handle these errors myself. I am, however, not familiar with Lua, just dabbled in the programming of stuff a bit.

Dakadin
April 4th, 2020, 18:38
Hi strubbel,

Thanks for testing it. I do want it working in both FGC and FGU. I've mainly been testing in FGC so far but will work on FGU soon. Those errors sound like you have some extensions loaded that haven't been updated to work with the new code but I might be wrong. Is this a new campaign or a migrated campaign from v1.8? Is it a new character, one migrated with a campaign or an imported character?

Thanks,
Dakadin

Sulimo
April 5th, 2020, 21:06
Wow, great work Dakadin.

I do have a question, it is by no means urgent; will there be something to use as a reference to creating new content at some point?

When I created the custom modules fr RM a while back, I was able to use the existing modules as a guide (Character Law, Arms Law, and Spell Law). Those don't seem to exist yet for RM2. If this is something that will be included later, I can wait, no need to rush on my behalf.

Most of the content I created for RM1 seems to work, but some of it is a bit off. For example, items are not showing up in the Items function. I expected this because of what you had said about how you updated them, weapons at least still seem to work and the Items show up in the modules themselves, and appear to function as far as I can tell so far. Races don't have all of the information that the built in ones have (probably some field(s) not filled out).

Like I said, this is not at all urgent, just curious if the reference modules will be included at some point.

Dakadin
April 5th, 2020, 21:24
Hi Sulimo,

The modules can be created the same way. I tried really hard to make sure that those would work. The only exception is the tables need the tag changed to RMTables instead of just tables. The modules might be in the vault now because I have a couple plans with them that will require them to be secured. I will still answer questions and provide examples so that people can still make their own modules.

To get the items to show up in the Items section you just need to make sure your items are in one of the following paths within your module:

item
reference.equipment.accessories.list
reference.equipment.armor.list
reference.equipment.basespellitems.list
reference.equipment.foodlodgingservices.list
reference.equipment.transport.list
reference.equipment.weapons.list
reference.equipment.herbs.list
reference.equipment.enchantedbreads.list
reference.equipment.intoxicants.list
reference.equipment.poisons.list
reference.weaponlist.standardweapons
reference.weaponlist.additionalweapons
reference.weaponlist.blades
reference.weaponlist.japaneseblades
reference.weaponlist.orientalweapons
reference.weaponlist.polearms
reference.weaponlist.unusualweapons

For the races, they need to have one of these paths:

race
reference.racedata.list

You should be able to drag the race from your module to the race section. Then you can fill in the extra fields and export it to another module. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Sulimo
April 7th, 2020, 05:01
That was what I needed, thanks.

Can't wait to try this out. I've done a little testing and I am liking what I see.

Next step is to see what happens with I open an existing campaign. I have backups of campaigns I created a while back, so this seems like a good opportunity to do a conversion.

Dakadin
April 7th, 2020, 05:04
That's great news.

Let me know if you encounter any issues loading an existing campaign. Just be aware that you will likely have issues if you try to use extensions until they are updated for the new version.

Sulimo
April 7th, 2020, 05:06
I kind of figured Extensions might be a problem (except for your updated version of Smooth Stats). I hardly use them, however, once some of them get updated, I might have another look.

TopHatG
April 7th, 2020, 11:24
Hi, I have to say it looks fantastic compared to the old one we tried a few years ago.

I receive an error when I open a character, and I don't know what I have done to trigger it.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2020, 12:19
Hi, I have to say it looks fantastic compared to the old one we tried a few years ago.

I receive an error when I open a character, and I don't know what I have done to trigger it.

Do you get the same error in FG Classic?

TopHatG
April 7th, 2020, 12:44
Do you get the same error in FG Classic?

I didn't. And i didn't get the message at the start either I believe. I will try a new campaign and see if it happens again.

Edit: I started a new campaign to see if it still happens, and it does not. I will try to figure out what I did in the first campaign to trigger it.

Dakadin
April 7th, 2020, 15:21
It's trying to generate the link for the profession field and when it reviews the modules it is finding one that doesn't have a name field. That is something that I should be able to put an extra check in the code for. Thanks for reporting it.

TopHatG
April 8th, 2020, 03:01
It's trying to generate the link for the profession field and when it reviews the modules it is finding one that doesn't have a name field. That is something that I should be able to put an extra check in the code for. Thanks for reporting it.

Cheers. Here are all the errors I get if it helps.

Open a character

[4/8/2020 11:55:28 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/rules_professions.lua"]:96: attempt to index a nil value

Switch to Combat

[4/8/2020 11:55:36 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_combat)

When I clicked on Spells (but can not get it to do it again)

[4/8/2020 11:55:42 AM] [WARNING] Frame textlinedice contains out-of-range values in Middle.

Hope it helps, unless I have done something weird.

Anything I can do to stop it happening at the moment? It only happens in one campaign and not the other.

Thanks, Ash.

Dakadin
April 8th, 2020, 03:53
Thanks for testing it. I will look into them but I have a couple questions:
1. Is this a new campaign or an existing campaign that is being migrated?
2. Do you have any extensions loaded?
3. Have you created a new profession in the ruleset?

Dakadin

Ardem
April 8th, 2020, 14:47
I can drag and drop a weapon from the character law, however I cannot great a new one with the error. Script Error [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua"]:35: attempt to call field 'setState' (a nil Value)

P.S. I did delete all everything again and got more success I think I might missed a .mod if the first run through that did not get overwritten. Only error is above, it might be because you suppose to add it to the inventory and not the combat area maybe you should lock this if that the case or not allow new

Ardem
April 8th, 2020, 15:08
Where are the modules held now as I cannot see them in the .mod section?

JohnD
April 8th, 2020, 16:15
Where are the modules held now as I cannot see them in the .mod section?

Probably in the Vault.

Dakadin
April 8th, 2020, 16:52
I can drag and drop a weapon from the character law, however I cannot great a new one with the error. Script Error [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua"]:35: attempt to call field 'setState' (a nil Value)

P.S. I did delete all everything again and got more success I think I might missed a .mod if the first run through that did not get overwritten. Only error is above, it might be because you suppose to add it to the inventory and not the combat area maybe you should lock this if that the case or not allow new

This is actually an error that I found last week and have a fix for it in v2.0.1 which has about a dozen other fixes and adjustments. It hasn't been released to the test channel yet but it should resolve this issue and a few others when it gets updated.

strubbel
April 11th, 2020, 10:56
In regard# to my post some days ago I can confirm now that i forgot to deactivate random extension and optional rule extension while starting the active campaign. Without these ( only extension running is smooth stats now) i have none of the issues above anymore.

Dakadin
April 11th, 2020, 18:01
Thanks for the update strubbel. I have a bunch of little fixes and changes that I am finishing up. I mainly just have to clean up a bug and get the table resolver working correctly in FGU. Then I will provide Smiteworks with another update to put on the test server. If everything goes smooth with that for a week or so then we can move it to the live channel.

strubbel
April 13th, 2020, 12:36
Yesterdays session went well again. There is one issue with the dice I observed, though. When rolling the predefined d100 the single digit die is showing from 1 to 10, not 0 to 9. this results in 30&10 to be 40 instead of 30&0 equalling 30. I have tested until I got this twice after I caught the first time out of the corner of the eye and were not sure. Only extension running ist still the smooth stats. Can anyone else confirm this or do I have an uniquely broken system?

Majyk
April 13th, 2020, 15:20
Will check it out but the 10s die is 10 thru 00(with the 1s die following the same theme).
It has always been that way for RM, at least.

Results are 90+10 for 100 vs 00 + 0. It works, just differently than stamped IRL dice, you’re correct.

strubbel
April 13th, 2020, 19:19
Mmh, ok, thanks for that swift explanation. Probabilities are the same then, but I might need some time getting used to it, after 30 years of having it differently...

Ardem
April 14th, 2020, 00:29
all the extension have to be redone I am doing the FRP extension now but it be a week or two before complete. As for the Random Extension I will look at that after FRP, and the XP Extension somewhere in between

Sulimo
April 16th, 2020, 01:29
That's great news.

Let me know if you encounter any issues loading an existing campaign. Just be aware that you will likely have issues if you try to use extensions until they are updated for the new version.

It's been a while since this comment.

I just thought I would follow up and let you know that everything worked fine.

I spent some time moving items from the items character to the Parcels. That seems to have worked fairly well.

I just need to test out the campaign to see how it all works (hopefully soon).

Dakadin
April 16th, 2020, 05:56
Thanks for testing it. I do appreciate it. You might want to run the update on the Test channel first since there is a new version 2.0.2 with quite a few fixes and that fixes most of the issues in FGU.

Dakadin
April 16th, 2020, 06:04
A new version of the RMC v2 ruleset is available on the test channel now. This fixes most of the issues that I've been made aware of and also fixes most of the issue with using it in FGU. I am hoping a few of you will try running a few sample combats, migrate a campaign, and create a character just to see if there are any additional issues that I need to fix. Please let me know if you have any questions about the new features until they are documented. Someone is actually helping me by working on the documentation for it.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Here is a detailed list of the changes:
Fixed - Conditional Effects - still apply their info about location hit until another crit is applied
Fixed - Column isn't be selected when rolling Move/MM in some areas
Fixed - Modifier Stack font is the wrong color
Added dice image to NPC Base Rate
Add roll of MN Mod on NPCs
Module updates to Arms Law, Character Law, and Spell Law to resolve a few errors and update weapons
Added Delete button for Dying and Dead effects in Combat Tracker
Fixed - Table Resolver where Additional Criticals option showing even when not in the item/attack
Fixed - Items table fields disappear when set to ""
Fixed Error when adding new weapons using the radial menu on the Combat tab on Character Sheet
Updated critical table field on items so it defaults to Attack table when the attack table is set
Updated Radial Menus on Character List for AFK and Release for PCs and Whisper for GMs to use the correct image
Fixed - Hotbar key graphics frames aren't splitting the graphic right
Added Max Size/Rank field with dropdrop down to Items instead of the max_level field
Linked attacks and defences on Combat Tracker to weapons and martial arts on CharSheet
Added Hits Multiplier field to Martial Arts section of Character Sheet
Fixed herb effects aren't showing up in the equipment list
Fixed - Dying results in the Dead effect one round too soon
Changed the default for the rank bonus field to not be read only to allow it to be used in FGU
Updated frames for sheetgroup and the one for number boxes to make them easier to read in FGU
Fixed - Script error (nil) at line 96 of Rules_Professions when opening a character
Added level, race and profession details to character selection window
Fixed - Zero values on Character Sheet for Damage, Exhaustion Used, PP Used and Spell Adder Used are blank instead of 0 in FGU
Fixed - Item Labels in FGU are overlapping the fields
Fixed - Potential Distance, Max Distance and % Act are at the bottom of the CT entry in FGU
Fixed - AT, DB, Move and Spell Adder are blank in the Combat Tracker in FGU
Added text to the Tokens and Assets sidebar graphics
Set Weapon fields on Character Sheet Combat tab to read only
Fixed - Adding entries to the CT with more damage than hits causes the system to crash
Fixed - Stats getting reset in Stat Generation when it opens
Fixed - Prime Stats on Stat Generation are not filling in properly
Fixed - Weapons on Combat tab to the CT aren't updating properly for PCs
Updated font sizes in FGU and FGC so they match better

Pepor
April 16th, 2020, 11:17
It looks promising. Thanks Dakadin!

Prunttonner
April 18th, 2020, 11:21
Hello Dadakin,

Yesterday I tried to connect with a friend in new version of the RMC v2 ruleset on the test channel in FGU.
Unfortunately, we were unable to connect to the RMC v2 or RMC v1.8 rule set. We also tried to connect on live channel with no success. However we connected in 5ED&D without issues. First, how I can fix this issue if any solution exists? Due to Covid-19 quarentine I would like enjoy developing a campaign... but I am very concerned because Unity version does not work properly. Do you know when we can access to ruleset in FGU and when v2 Ruleset will be avalaible to play?

I want to develop a campaign in Rolemaster and play. If some test players are needed I will help.

Thank you in advance.

Siltoneous
April 18th, 2020, 18:34
I have to admit I haven't tried connecting the new 2.0.2 to an external entity, but I do connect regularly across my local computer with no issues. FGC, v2.0.2. One window running as GM, one as player. Lets me check things out from the GM and player side at the same time. =) Was the console giving you any errors?

Sulimo
April 18th, 2020, 19:05
Thanks for testing it. I do appreciate it. You might want to run the update on the Test channel first since there is a new version 2.0.2 with quite a few fixes and that fixes most of the issues in FGU.

I'll hopefully get a chance to try out running the campaign later today.

Not sure if you saw it, but there is a thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56460-FGU-and-RMC-maps-amp-Images-won-t-load) in the FGU playtest sub about Images in RM and FGU.

Seems with the change to using the Assets widget instead of the Images one, that is is no longer possible to add images to a campaign in FGU and RM1.8. I wasn't really sure what to tell the person asking, so I did a few tests, to confirm what he was seeing.

Happy to report that it does work in RM2.0 though.

Let me know if you want any details from the testing I did.

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 01:42
Hello Dadakin,

Yesterday I tried to connect with a friend in new version of the RMC v2 ruleset on the test channel in FGU.
Unfortunately, we were unable to connect to the RMC v2 or RMC v1.8 rule set. We also tried to connect on live channel with no success. However we connected in 5ED&D without issues. First, how I can fix this issue if any solution exists? Due to Covid-19 quarentine I would like enjoy developing a campaign... but I am very concerned because Unity version does not work properly. Do you know when we can access to ruleset in FGU and when v2 Ruleset will be avalaible to play?

I want to develop a campaign in Rolemaster and play. If some test players are needed I will help.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Prunttonner,

I haven't tested connections with FGU yet. I will try it in a little while to see what happens. Can you let me know how you tried connecting? Was it a cloud or LAN game?

I am hoping to get all the bugs worked out of v2.0 soon so it can be moved to the live channel but I need to track down any bugs like this and get them fixed before that happens. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 01:47
I'll hopefully get a chance to try out running the campaign later today.

Not sure if you saw it, but there is a thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56460-FGU-and-RMC-maps-amp-Images-won-t-load) in the FGU playtest sub about Images in RM and FGU.

Seems with the change to using the Assets widget instead of the Images one, that is is no longer possible to add images to a campaign in FGU and RM1.8. I wasn't really sure what to tell the person asking, so I did a few tests, to confirm what he was seeing.

Happy to report that it does work in RM2.0 though.

Let me know if you want any details from the testing I did.

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, the changes in the Images and Assets window in FGU means that it won't work with version 1.8 without replacing the system. I am glad to hear that it is working in v2.0 since that is all inherited from CoreRPG. :)

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 03:20
I did some tests connecting using FGU. I was able to connect using LAN with port forwarding 1802 UDP with both v1.8 and v2.0. When using a cloud connection, I could connect with v1.8 but not with v2.0. I've collected the logs and will send them to Smiteworks so the issue can be tracked down. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Prunttonner
April 19th, 2020, 14:34
In my case I wasn't able to connect ussing LAN or cloud. The load stopped right here. I will try again today.34007

Thank you

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 17:15
One thing to be aware of is FGU uses UDP instead of TCP for port forwarding 1802. Make sure you have that setup when you test LAN connections.

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 20:51
Hi Prunttonner,

I did some more testing today. I was able to get the cloud connection connected to the v2.0 ruleset. I tried it a few times with 2 separate campaigns. I did get the error you got once but just cancelled it and then tried connecting again and it worked.

Dakadin

Sulimo
April 20th, 2020, 00:23
I tested out a campaign today, and it all went very well except for the following one time error.

I got this error when I clicked Next Actor as GM:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:179: attempt to index local 'nodeEffect' (a userdata value)

The current actor was unconscious and dying (I am not 100% certain if the dying effect was present). After clicking on next actor (from Orc -1), it changed to dead (bleeding damage). Not really sure what the issue was. Clicking Next Actor again, did not product the error. I was just dragging/dropping the Critical from the table to the combatant to add the effect.

I tried to start the combat over and reproduce, but it did not produce the error again. I also did probably 3 more combats, but it never came up again even with unconscious combatants that later died.

Unfortunately, I did not get a screen shot before the error, just after.

Sorry I could not get more details.

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 05:38
Thanks for testing Sulimo. I will see if I can track that issue down. Was it a migrated campaign or a new campaign? Were you just testing combat?

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 05:41
I did run a session using FGU so I could see what issues I could find. It was a bit tough at times because of the performance. The RMC ruleset would really crawl at times with the table resolver. Most things opened in a few seconds but be careful trying to open the RR table. It took 30-45 seconds for that one to open. It will get better once they finish optimizing the performance for FGU.

I did find a few bugs to work on so I will try to take care of those this week.

Sulimo
April 20th, 2020, 05:46
Thanks for testing Sulimo. I will see if I can track that issue down. Was it a migrated campaign or a new campaign? Were you just testing combat?

It was a campaign that I migrated (copied the Campaign folder).

I went through a lot of the story points, and before I ran it, I updated all of the items to be parcels instead of the Items character I had in the original campaign. I then exported the Campaign to a .mod and started up a fresh campaign to actually run it.

I'm not sure if it is worth the time, I just wanted to post the experience. It only happened the one time, despite my attempts to get it to come up again. These types of issues are the worst to track down. You might give it a miss and if I or someone else can reproduce it, then maybe look into it.

I'll try again with an updated .mod and a new campaign.

I was not using FGU, still in Classic.

I've been watching the playtest forum, and have fiddled a bit with RMC, but not ran an actual campaign. I was waiting until it was a bit more stable. I have mostly been testing it out in an VM, just to keep things separate.

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 06:08
Thanks for the additional information. I will definitely add it to my list but as you mention it might be tough to track down the cause.

I would recommend waiting for it to be optimized. Things ran pretty well as far as functionality but some of the delays opening things was tough. None of my players had any network issues so that was a plus. I am definitely looking forward to it and used the LOS to good effect.

JohnD
April 20th, 2020, 08:41
Its really important to remember that FGU has not had any/much performance optimization done yet, so a lot of the slow response time will likely improve when that happens.

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 15:19
Agreed. I expected the performance issues and warned my players that the performance wasn't optimized yet. It is going to be great once they finish everything up though. :D

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 19:49
Hi Sulimo,

The issue you encountered will be fixed in v2.0.3. I already had the fix in place from a similar issue I had when testing the removal of the Dying effect. It had to do with how I was handling the transition from Dying to Dead effects.

Dakadin

Sulimo
April 20th, 2020, 19:54
Hi Sulimo,

The issue you encountered will be fixed in v2.0.3. I already had the fix in place from a similar issue I had when testing the removal of the Dying effect. It had to do with how I was handling the transition from Dying to Dead effects.

Dakadin

Well, that is pretty cool. Sounds like you encountered it as well at some point. I was going to try again today to reproduce to get you more data, but it seems you beat me to that. :)

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 19:58
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how you encountered it and realized I must have put the fix in right after I turn it over to be pushed to the test channel.

Prunttonner
April 22nd, 2020, 11:07
Hi Dadakin,

Thank you!!! I tried it yesterday and it worked in FGU test channel v2 via LAN connection. I fixed a problem with my firewall!!!. LoS is a great tool when many players are rushing a map!!! Awesome!!

Dakadin
April 22nd, 2020, 17:25
That's great news. It works pretty good in FGU and will be great once they finish the performance optimizations. The LOS is great when your PCs get confused because one sees something and another misunderstands and runs the wrong way though. :D

There are still a few minor mainly formatting issues with using the RMC v2.0 ruleset in FGU. One trick with the table resolver not resizing the grid when resizing the window is to close and reopen the table resolver after you've resized the window. It will still have the gap for the results table but should fill the window better. I still need to track that one down.

Prunttonner
April 24th, 2020, 22:38
Hello folks,

Today it seems an Update is avalaible but updater stops and no action is possible.

Somebody with the same issue?

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you
Prunttonner

Sulimo
April 24th, 2020, 23:38
Hello folks,

Today it seems an Update is avalaible but updater stops and no action is possible.

Somebody with the same issue?

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you
Prunttonner

Looks like others are having a similar issue.

For Unity specific issues, I would recommend checking the Playtest forum.

There are some recent posts (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55145-Updater-Issues/page13) in the Updater Issues thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55145-Updater-Issues) from today with people having the same/similar issue.

The main recommendation for updater issues is to completely uninstall Unity and Reinstall from the download links. See the first post in the thread I linked for instructions.

Dakadin
April 25th, 2020, 01:11
A new version of the RMC v2 ruleset is available on the test channel now. This fixes all of the issues that I am aware of in FGC. There are only a couple of formatting/positioning issues that I am aware of in FGU.

Arms Law now has a reference manual like Character Law and Creatures & Treasures. I am still working on the reference manual for Spell Law.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues or have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Here are the list of changes for RMC v2.0.3:
Fixed - Dragging from Encounter NPC Links to a map results in a single square regardless of the actual size of the creature
Fixed - Dice Tower does not light up with RM dice rolls
Changed the armor fields on the Combat tab so they don't update until something is selected as the armor in the equipment section. This is to prevent issues with characters moved to v2.
Changed the MM Pen field on Combat tab to update when Min MM or Max MM or Skill of the item is updated
Added having RR rolls go to the Table Resolver to open the RR table when rolled from the character sheet to match RMC v1.8
Changed the Option – “Turn: Show effects when applied” to “Table Results: Send to chat when applying” better reflect what is really happening
Fixed - Summarized Effects (Stun, NoParry, etc) aren't hidden for NPCs like other normal effects
Changed Creatures in C&T to be unidentified by default
Changed the setReadOnly functions in stringfieldX, stringcontrolX, numberfieldX and numbercontrolX templates to another name to fix issues in the FGU version
Fixed – Combat Tracker Move rolls were only selecting medium for the difficult instead of the difficulty based on the Pace selected in FGU
Created the Reference Manual for Arms Law
Fixed - The weapon list has overlapping fields for Fumble, the Range Modifiers and Shields in FGU

Wolf_Shield
April 25th, 2020, 12:14
I've noticed that while rolling initiative from the char sheet it is fine but if it is done via the CT using the GM menu options of rolling initiatives, the PC Initiative bonus is not added though it is fine for NPCs.

If you set a PC to Neutral or Hostile and roll initiatives it still does not add the bonus.

Not a deal breaker but I thought you'd like to know.

Cheers!

Xen
April 25th, 2020, 16:08
I finally got around to loading up FGU and the new RM module on Test and my first impression is that this is amazing work. I'm so excited to see how this keeps evolving! I also finished reading through this thread and I didn't see any mention of it but I was running through creating a Test Character and I noticed when I loaded the Secondary Skills window that not all of the skills are being displayed. My screen shows it ending at Spell Mastery with no way to scroll down. 34364

I was also wondering about the Armor Protection by Location section in the Combat tab of the character sheet. Do these fields actually affect the outcome of a crit or are they there more so for reference? I know some crits have different outcomes based on if the defender is wearing a helm or leg or arm greaves so I was wondering how those fields played in to the crit.

Also, I'm pretty sure by original source materials (couldn't actually find the reference) but I believe that users can only wear/use 1 item of a particular type at one time when it concerns Spell Adders or Multipliers. It took me a bit but I figured out how to create a x3 Multiplier which worked as expected, I saw the total PP's triple. My old group allowed for wearing multiple multipliers, such as a x2 and a x3. I'm guessing my option would be to leave the 'Spell Adder/PP Multiplier' field blank, then disable the 'Auto Calculate: Max Power Points' option in Settings in order to allow me to manually tally and keep track of the power points. I suppose I could also create a sort of placeholder item in their inventory and create a x5 Multiplier and select that as the item in the Spell Adder/PP Multiplier field to gain the same effect. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Dakadin
April 25th, 2020, 18:35
I've noticed that while rolling initiative from the char sheet it is fine but if it is done via the CT using the GM menu options of rolling initiatives, the PC Initiative bonus is not added though it is fine for NPCs.

If you set a PC to Neutral or Hostile and roll initiatives it still does not add the bonus.

Not a deal breaker but I thought you'd like to know.

Cheers!

Thanks Wolf_Shield. I will add it to my list and get it resolved.

Dakadin
April 25th, 2020, 18:56
I finally got around to loading up FGU and the new RM module on Test and my first impression is that this is amazing work. I'm so excited to see how this keeps evolving! I also finished reading through this thread and I didn't see any mention of it but I was running through creating a Test Character and I noticed when I loaded the Secondary Skills window that not all of the skills are being displayed. My screen shows it ending at Spell Mastery with no way to scroll down. 34364

That is strange. It is working fine for me: 34369

Do you have any extensions loaded because they likely need to be redone to work with v2?

I was also wondering about the Armor Protection by Location section in the Combat tab of the character sheet. Do these fields actually affect the outcome of a crit or are they there more so for reference? I know some crits have different outcomes based on if the defender is wearing a helm or leg or arm greaves so I was wondering how those fields played in to the crit.

Yes, they are used for the conditional criticals where if you are wearing metal chest armor then this happens and if not then this happens. So those 6 protection locations are checked against the critical result to see which effects to apply. It will also detect the ones that say shield (if in your secondary hand), weapon, or even the one or two that say cloak (if you have something with cloak in the name in your inventory and it has the armor symbol). The way you get those protection locations filled in is based on the armor and helmet you have equipped. In the Armor section of the Item, there are 6 fields for protection. These can be blank, Leather, or Metal. Usually the helmet covers the first 3 (head, face and neck) and the armor covers the last 3 (chest, arms and legs). Then when you equip them it will fill out the protection fields on the character sheet.

Some one actually reviewed the creatures in C&T for me so we could get appropriate protect values for them. If the GM want to change any of them they just need to create a copy in their campaign and make the changes.

You can test it by dropping a conditional critical on a CT entry. There are icons and message for each of the locations matching or not matching the specific critical.

Also, I'm pretty sure by original source materials (couldn't actually find the reference) but I believe that users can only wear/use 1 item of a particular type at one time when it concerns Spell Adders or Multipliers. It took me a bit but I figured out how to create a x3 Multiplier which worked as expected, I saw the total PP's triple. My old group allowed for wearing multiple multipliers, such as a x2 and a x3. I'm guessing my option would be to leave the 'Spell Adder/PP Multiplier' field blank, then disable the 'Auto Calculate: Max Power Points' option in Settings in order to allow me to manually tally and keep track of the power points. I suppose I could also create a sort of placeholder item in their inventory and create a x5 Multiplier and select that as the item in the Spell Adder/PP Multiplier field to gain the same effect. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes, you can only where 1 spell adder/multiplier in the core rules for RMC but that doesn't mean you can't do what you want for your campaign. You are definitely on the right track. Just create an items to represent the 2 items combined and equip that. It is what I did for ATs 10, 14 and 18 so that they include the greaves with the breastplates. You can see them in Character Law.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Dakadin

Xen
April 25th, 2020, 21:13
That is strange. It is working fine for me: 34369

Do you have any extensions loaded because they likely need to be redone to work with v2?

No extensions loaded, this is actually a fresh install of FGU on a new computer. The problem I'm seeing with the Secondary Skills window is what I saw after opening the window for the first time a couple days ago. I also tried creating a new campaign but that window still doesn't display correctly for me. I checked the Cache folder but there's nothing in it yet.I knew that there were potential problems loading extensions from the previous version which is why I went with a clean install until things get sorted out.

Xen

Dakadin
April 25th, 2020, 21:26
Thanks for the additional information. I will look into it. You might encounter a few more issues like that in FGU. Please let me know when you do just in case I've missed them like this one.

Xen
April 25th, 2020, 23:31
On an extra note, I had nothing to lose so I went ahead and uninstalled FGU and all folders related to it out of Program Files and appdata/roaming. Reinstalled and it's still not displaying properly. All the other tables I've looked through appear to be opening correctly and if they were larger the scroll function was working properly.

As I was looking about I also noticed that there are some tables that are missing their Titles, 34381. I noticed this in Table 08-15 Base Spell Item Price Chart (See image), 08-16, 08-17, 08-19, Enchanted Breads, Intoxicants and Poisons.

I managed to kick my wife off her computer long enough for me to install FGU and load up Test. The Secondary Skills window wouldn't load up properly on it either.

Xen

Dakadin
April 26th, 2020, 03:06
Hi Xen,

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that it was anything on your system. I just wanted to verify there weren't any extensions causing the issue. I was able to replicate it in FGU. It is some of the older code and I need to make sure it isn't doing something unusual that doesn't work in FGU to resize the window.

You will notice the same type of issue in the Table Resolver in FGU. It won't resize the table grid when the window is resized and won't use the space that the results tables would use. I am still trying to track that one down. The trick with that one is to resize the window and then close and reopen it. It will resize the grid at that point but you still won't get the bottom section unless you resolve a critical then that grid will be in the bottom section.

I will check out those tables names. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dakadin

Timbo
April 26th, 2020, 07:34
We have the same Secondary Skills issue in our group. Two players have the issue. The GM didn't. It stopped at the same point. The two players with the issue have 4k screens and were using scaling; the GM wasn't. I was wondering if that might be linked, though turning off scaling didn't help.

Dakadin
April 26th, 2020, 07:43
Just to verify you are getting this with FGU right?

Just as a work around you can get to all the skills using the new Skills sidebar button. Just go to the library and check it off.

TopHatG
April 26th, 2020, 13:40
Just to verify you are getting this with FGU right?

Just as a work around you can get to all the skills using the new Skills sidebar button. Just go to the library and check it off.

I was the GM in one of the games with the secondary skills missing. It was in FGU. Cheers for the suggestion.

I also had a bug while testing today in the combat tracker where on of the enemies attacks were blank instead of displaying the weapons. This happened after I minimised the attack section in the combat tracker, and closed and re-opened the combat tracker. When I added a new weapon, this was also blank.

The enemy was brought into the combat tracker via an encounter, which had three carbon copy NPCs in it. The other two enemies showed their weapons.

Lastly, is there a way to make a skill you have typed in a secondary skill?

Xen
April 26th, 2020, 14:51
Hi Xen,

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that it was anything on your system. I just wanted to verify there weren't any extensions causing the issue.

Honestly I didn't think you were implying at all but I reinstalled from scratch simply to verify I could replicate the issue. Plus I thought the info would be beneficial to you especially with doing an install on another machine with the same results. :) Thank you again for all your work on this!

Xen

Dakadin
April 26th, 2020, 20:14
I was the GM in one of the games with the secondary skills missing. It was in FGU. Cheers for the suggestion.

I also had a bug while testing today in the combat tracker where on of the enemies attacks were blank instead of displaying the weapons. This happened after I minimised the attack section in the combat tracker, and closed and re-opened the combat tracker. When I added a new weapon, this was also blank.

The enemy was brought into the combat tracker via an encounter, which had three carbon copy NPCs in it. The other two enemies showed their weapons.

Lastly, is there a way to make a skill you have typed in a secondary skill?

Thanks for the additional information. I will try to replicate the issue with the NPC attacks in FGU so I can find out what is causing it and get it fixed.

Unfortunately, I haven't really touched the skills at this point so there isn't a way to identify if they are primary or secondary skills. It is still trying to figure out based on where the skill is in the XML. I will see about making the skills default to secondary in the next minor release 2.0.4. I do plan on redoing the skills and some of the other things on the character sheet when I start working on version 2.1.

Dakadin
April 26th, 2020, 20:16
Honestly I didn't think you were implying at all but I reinstalled from scratch simply to verify I could replicate the issue. Plus I thought the info would be beneficial to you especially with doing an install on another machine with the same results. :) Thank you again for all your work on this!

Xen

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Majyk
April 27th, 2020, 05:27
Finally had a chance to play with RM2.0.3 and build a PC from the ground up, manually within.
Everything built without errors.
Love the Hybrid RRs, btw.

One thing missing, if not tested, was the ability to control NPCs(Summons) dragged from the combat tracker to one’s Avatar along the top left of the screen(if that is the workflow for how to achieve this).

I’ll research to be sure but everything else seemed perfect re: the new additions!

Stat DMG row is kewl, but I miss seeing Potentials at a glance instead - that said, one will definitely remember how that Undead creature stole one’s CON, now, vs multiple sessions later! ♥️

EDIT:
We will retest with the following previously noted workflow and reply back unless someone else gets a chance to confirm before then:

“There are quite a few threads around that discuss this. Basic steps:

Put the NPC on the combat tracker.
Change their faction to friendly (green helmet).
Drag the link from the Combat Tracker to each individual PC portrait on the desktop. This will share the NPC with the owner of that PC.
Put the NPC token on the map. This helps the players to re-open the NPC sheet (if they close it) by double-clicking on the token on the map.”

For those RM GMs and Players that didn’t know about this amazingly awesome ability with the newest CoreRPG/MoreCore base for FG(if it does work), you’ll fall in love!

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 06:09
Finally had a chance to play with RM2.0.3 and build a PC from the ground up, manually within.
Everything built without errors.
Love the Hybrid RRs, btw.

Yeah it is working pretty well in FGC. I still have to fix a few issues in FGU. It is mainly the old code that I haven't updated not playing nice with how FGU does things. I just need to track down how. The fun one was when I thought some fields disappeared but the old code was just making the text transparent. :D

One thing missing, if not tested, was the ability to control NPCs(Summons) dragged from the combat tracker to one’s Avatar along the top left of the screen(if that is the workflow for how to achieve this).

I’ll research to be sure but everything else seemed perfect re: the new additions!

Is that possible with v1.8? If it was then I didn't even realize it. LOL. In v2.0 , the PC could view the NPC sheet if the GM shares it with them but it won't allow them to see the other panels for the NPC because of how ownership controls the how the panels are shown. I did add it to my list for a future enhancement though.

Stat DMG row is kewl, but I miss seeing Potentials at a glance instead - that said, one will definitely remember how that Undead creature stole one’s CON, now, vs multiple sessions later! ♥️

I might be able to hide the abbreviation and show the potential instead and move it closer to the total column.

The other damage fields will rarely be used but I figured I would include them for stat deterioration or other rare effects like cursed items, diseases, etc.

Arion
April 27th, 2020, 09:05
I might be able to hide the abbreviation and show the potential instead and move it closer to the total column.

The other damage fields will rarely be used but I figured I would include them for stat deterioration or other rare effects like cursed items, diseases, etc.

I ran a session last night on FGU, and it is fantastic! It has energised me to get on with my Rolemaster book that needs to be finished!!

Anyway, a few comments:

One of my players had two issues not shared by the other two. One was that his text was in a higher font size, messing up the layout. Secondly, his dice never auto-totalled, and this is not in the options. I am not sure if these are down to his computer, his installation of FGU or the ruleset, but I thought i would mention it.

Secondly, related to what you said above, it took me a while to work out how you see potentials! I don't mind them tucked away though.

I also got a few script errors, but forgot to save them. We are playing this again on tuesday, and if i get them again i will make sure i save the log.

All in all, a fantastic effort. Our group has been plaing rolemaster since the mid 80's and even had an 18 year campaign! V2 is a big improvement on V1.

TopHatG
April 27th, 2020, 12:08
Thanks for the additional information. I will try to replicate the issue with the NPC attacks in FGU so I can find out what is causing it and get it fixed.

Unfortunately, I haven't really touched the skills at this point so there isn't a way to identify if they are primary or secondary skills. It is still trying to figure out based on where the skill is in the XML. I will see about making the skills default to secondary in the next minor release 2.0.4. I do plan on redoing the skills and some of the other things on the character sheet when I start working on version 2.1.

Interesting. Sometimes I log-in as a player on a different computer to trial the los mapping. I thought I'd look at the secondary skill table. Logged in on one computer as the GM it shows all the secondary skills, and logged in as a player on a second computer, it cuts off at spell-mastery. Both running at 1080p.

I then tried sharing the sheet from the gm screen and linked it in chat. It now displays the full list in the player screen. Even after I stopped sharing the screen. Hopefully this helps track it down a bit, even with my ramblings.

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 16:08
I ran a session last night on FGU, and it is fantastic! It has energised me to get on with my Rolemaster book that needs to be finished!!

Anyway, a few comments:

One of my players had two issues not shared by the other two. One was that his text was in a higher font size, messing up the layout. Secondly, his dice never auto-totalled, and this is not in the options. I am not sure if these are down to his computer, his installation of FGU or the ruleset, but I thought i would mention it.

Secondly, related to what you said above, it took me a while to work out how you see potentials! I don't mind them tucked away though.

I also got a few script errors, but forgot to save them. We are playing this again on tuesday, and if i get them again i will make sure i save the log.

All in all, a fantastic effort. Our group has been plaing rolemaster since the mid 80's and even had an 18 year campaign! V2 is a big improvement on V1.

Did the player use the scaleui command? I am curious if that would have any impact on the fonts. But based on the dice never totalling (which is only a GM option if I remember correctly), it sounds like he might have experiences some of the network issues that they are trying to track down. I know they've been gathering information in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55185-Connection-Issues-And-What-To-Provide

Check your console.log file for the errors if you haven't started up FGU since you played. They might still be there. It would be great if you can provide me any script errors and a general idea of what was happening when you got them. The one other thing that would be helpful is if it was a migrated campaign or a new campaign.

Thanks for the feedback also.

Dakadin

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 16:09
Interesting. Sometimes I log-in as a player on a different computer to trial the los mapping. I thought I'd look at the secondary skill table. Logged in on one computer as the GM it shows all the secondary skills, and logged in as a player on a second computer, it cuts off at spell-mastery. Both running at 1080p.

I then tried sharing the sheet from the gm screen and linked it in chat. It now displays the full list in the player screen. Even after I stopped sharing the screen. Hopefully this helps track it down a bit, even with my ramblings.

Thanks for the additional information.

Xen
April 27th, 2020, 21:52
In the Modifiers window, how are the toggle buttons supposed to function? If I click on Hard is it supposed to auto search the Modifiers list for the keyword or should it automatically drop a value in to the Modifiers Stack window in the bottom left? I clicked on all of the toggle buttons but I didn't see anything actually happening but if I did a search for the keyword then I got the options shown. Clicking on the '+' button did of course add the value in to the Stack window for the next roll. 34483

Xen

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 21:56
The toggle buttons will automatically apply the modifier when the roll is made. The top set is for stats/skills and the bottom sets is for attacks. It works well for the skills because if it is an MM it will send the result to the Table Resolver with the appropriate column selected on the MM table so it speeds up finding the result. For SM skills it will apply the appropriate modifier to the roll. They will deselect after a roll.

TopHatG
April 27th, 2020, 23:07
The toggle buttons will automatically apply the modifier when the roll is made. The top set is for stats/skills and the bottom sets is for attacks. It works well for the skills because if it is an MM it will send the result to the Table Resolver with the appropriate column selected on the MM table so it speeds up finding the result. For SM skills it will apply the appropriate modifier to the roll. They will deselect after a roll.

Can the GM apply them before a player roll? Or do the players need to use them.

JohnD
April 27th, 2020, 23:29
I can see more situations where it would be appropriate that a player not know the specific difficulty of what they are attempting vs. situations where they are fully aware of the level of difficulty they face.

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 23:33
It is applied to whoever makes the roll.

If you don't want them to know, then just have them roll without selecting it. It will default to Medium but you will have to determine the success or failure manually then.

Dakadin
April 27th, 2020, 23:36
One other thought is you can use the party sheet to roll a skill for the entire party while selecting the appropriate difficulty. Then the PCs won't even know. I do it all the time. :)

erjohns
April 28th, 2020, 06:51
I feel like an idiot but I can't find the RMC 2.0 ruleset.

Dakadin
April 28th, 2020, 07:22
Hi erjohns,

It is available on the FG test channel. With FGC, click the Settings button and select Test from Mode field near the bottom. With FGU, click the Setting button and on the Advance tab there is a Build Channel drop down list. Just set that to Test. It will run an update after and then you will be able to use v2.0. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Arion
April 28th, 2020, 11:05
I replied to this, but it has vaished...

I have noticed that the special abilities and special items tables roll a 1d100+1d10 rather than the correct 1d100

I also got a notified error when i dragged a combat table result to a creature in the CT:

[4/27/2020 9:20:56 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:21:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2649 (2649) / 2528 (2528)
[4/27/2020 9:21:42 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:21:48 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:22:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2758 (2758) / 2544 (2544)
[4/27/2020 9:23:11 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:23:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2795 (2795) / 2550 (2550)
[4/27/2020 9:23:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:24:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2827 (2827) / 2556 (2556)
[4/27/2020 9:24:58 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:25:06 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:25:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2897 (2897) / 2569 (2569)
[4/27/2020 9:25:22 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:26:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2934 (2934) / 2575 (2575)
[4/27/2020 9:26:29 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:26:54 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:26:54 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 2989 (2989) / 2613 (2613)
[4/27/2020 9:27:27 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:27 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:32 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:32 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:33 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:33 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:50 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:27:50 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus)
[4/27/2020 9:28:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3049 (3049) / 2704 (2704)
[4/27/2020 9:28:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:29:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3058 (3058) / 2714 (2714)
[4/27/2020 9:30:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3343 (3343) / 2812 (2812)
[4/27/2020 9:31:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3345 (3345) / 2833 (2833)
[4/27/2020 9:32:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3485 (3485) / 2853 (2853)
[4/27/2020 9:33:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:34:07 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charsheet_combat)
[4/27/2020 9:34:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3638 (3638) / 2869 (2869)
[4/27/2020 9:35:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 3813 (3813) / 2875 (2875)
[4/27/2020 9:36:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4142 (4142) / 2895 (2895)
[4/27/2020 9:37:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4203 (4203) / 2904 (2904)
[4/27/2020 9:38:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4211 (4211) / 2904 (2904)
[4/27/2020 9:38:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:39:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4226 (4226) / 2931 (2931)
[4/27/2020 9:40:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4552 (4552) / 2961 (2961)
[4/27/2020 9:40:19 PM] NETWORK FILE STATS [1]: 8 (10) / 0 (0)
[4/27/2020 9:41:02 PM] [WARNING] Lost connection to matchmaking server : Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[4/27/2020 9:41:09 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[4/27/2020 9:41:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4765 (4766) / 2964 (2964)
[4/27/2020 9:42:15 PM] [WARNING] Frame textlinedice contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[4/27/2020 9:42:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4788 (4789) / 2967 (2967)
[4/27/2020 9:43:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4788 (4789) / 2968 (2968)
[4/27/2020 9:43:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:45:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 4788 (4789) / 2969 (2969)
[4/27/2020 9:46:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5091 (5092) / 2975 (2975)
[4/27/2020 9:48:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5091 (5092) / 2979 (2979)
[4/27/2020 9:48:45 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/27/2020 9:49:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5097 (5098) / 2984 (2984)
[4/27/2020 9:50:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5151 (5152) / 2987 (2987)
[4/27/2020 9:51:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5156 (5157) / 3005 (3005)
[4/27/2020 9:52:19 PM] NETWORK COMMAND STATS [1]: 5158 (5159) / 3025 (3025)
[4/27/2020 9:52:26 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:683: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)

Dakadin
April 28th, 2020, 17:45
Thanks Arion. I will see about getting those issues resolved.

Arion
April 29th, 2020, 09:56
Thanks Arion. I will see about getting those issues resolved.

Thank you for that.

Is there any way to automate Level Bonuses at all? I know that there are various ways of doing them that would complicate it, but it would be useful!

Dakadin
April 29th, 2020, 15:15
Thank you for that.

Is there any way to automate Level Bonuses at all? I know that there are various ways of doing them that would complicate it, but it would be useful!

Not yet I haven't really updated the skills yet. I am hoping to do the rest of the character sheet improvements after I get this initial release out. Level bonuses are on my list for the next release. I will need to look at all the possible ways of doing them to see how feasible it is but I should be able to at least have a couple options including a manual one for the people that the other options won't work for.

Xen
April 30th, 2020, 01:54
I was running through a tutorial and messing around with setting up an Encounter. In the setup I created the name of the encounter, 'Test' then added in a Chimera and Large Ogre. The Ogre has a Weapon attack which under FGC I could drag a weapon over such as a Club and change the OB for that attack then delete the default Weapon attack. I followed through those steps and got the error 34604 'Script execution error: [string "weapons"]:7: createWindow: Unable to create window'. In the Combat Tracker of course I could manually add in the new Club attack and delete the old Weapon attack. My guess is that I got the error because the Ogre is Read Only which doesn't appear that can be toggled. Am I going about this wrong in setting up an Encounter or do I need to change any weapon attacks after I've added the NPC's to the Combat Tracker?

Xen

Sulimo
April 30th, 2020, 02:07
I was running through a tutorial and messing around with setting up an Encounter. In the setup I created the name of the encounter, 'Test' then added in a Chimera and Large Ogre. The Ogre has a Weapon attack which under FGC I could drag a weapon over such as a Club and change the OB for that attack then delete the default Weapon attack. I followed through those steps and got the error 34604 'Script execution error: [string "weapons"]:7: createWindow: Unable to create window'. In the Combat Tracker of course I could manually add in the new Club attack and delete the old Weapon attack. My guess is that I got the error because the Ogre is Read Only which doesn't appear that can be toggled. Am I going about this wrong in setting up an Encounter or do I need to change any weapon attacks after I've added the NPC's to the Combat Tracker?

Xen

When you create a creature, copy it by dragging/dropping it to the same window, then drag the copy to the Encounter, and it will be unlock-able.

The one you Copy will not have a category attached to it.

You can kind of see the sequence in the attached picture.

Dakadin
April 30th, 2020, 02:10
Hi Xen,

You want to follow the procedure that Sulimo mentioned. It is a bug that you can change that the attacks when the lock is set so I will get that fixed.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Xen
April 30th, 2020, 02:46
That worked, thanks!

Majyk
April 30th, 2020, 04:35
Just something I’ve seen in our game last night where I received an error while opening a skill/weapon/etc.:

To fix it, I just went into Modules and “reset” the book the item was referenced from by Unloading and Reloading it into the Library again.
Once done, presto, the linkages were fixed and working again. Hope it helps fix most other simple errors the community is seeing.

Prunttonner
April 30th, 2020, 13:27
Folks,

Last week I have played v2.0.3 and is great. But I have experimented a little bit lag when I open tables, sometimes up to 10 seconds to open some tables. There is some trick to correct this? I think lag is bigger when player's skills are opened and a lot of skills are involved. Have this sense to you?

Regards,
Prunttonner

Majyk
April 30th, 2020, 14:03
Prunttonner,

I think that is being investigated, it was mentioned earlier by someone else, I believe re: GM tables taking a bit in FGU.
No ETA until everything else is finalized, it was said - because everything else is on schedule for tweaks while FGU is still in BETA.

re:FGC, Skills tab can initially take a bit to populate but that has always been the case, even in other rulesets.
Once opened, that particular lag doesn’t happen again for the rest of the session which leads me to believe that the skills don’t auto load with the opening of a PC until the tab, itself, is first opened.

Dakadin
April 30th, 2020, 15:42
Yeah that happens in FGU right now. It should get better as they get closer to release and start doing performance optimization for it.

Xen
April 30th, 2020, 23:41
I was playing around with the Parcel Items section of the Party Sheet. The first item I created in the Parcel Items windows was the Garnet Stone which is Type: Accessory and in the image (34664) you can see that there is an Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. After I created it I clicked the button to Distribute Items and Coins and could see it in the characters inventory. Now, every item I have tried creating after that is now missing the Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. The Topaz Ring was another item I tried creating from the Parcel Items window and the last item, in its description shows I tried creating that one from the Items List. Adding a new weapon to a characters Combat tab still shows that I can Associate that weapon with a skill as shown by the Light Crossbow. I don't have any extensions loaded and tried unloading all modules and reloading didn't help neither did restarting FGU. But nothing I do seems to bring back those two missing items. No messages in the Console window either.

Xen

Sulimo
May 1st, 2020, 00:05
I was playing around with the Parcel Items section of the Party Sheet. The first item I created in the Parcel Items windows was the Garnet Stone which is Type: Accessory and in the image (34664) you can see that there is an Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. After I created it I clicked the button to Distribute Items and Coins and could see it in the characters inventory. Now, every item I have tried creating after that is now missing the Associated Skill and Skill Bonus box. The Topaz Ring was another item I tried creating from the Parcel Items window and the last item, in its description shows I tried creating that one from the Items List. Adding a new weapon to a characters Combat tab still shows that I can Associate that weapon with a skill as shown by the Light Crossbow. I don't have any extensions loaded and tried unloading all modules and reloading didn't help neither did restarting FGU. But nothing I do seems to bring back those two missing items. No messages in the Console window either.

Xen

I'm not 100% certain, but the issue with the extra fields (as in the lower right item of your picture), is a known issue in FGU at this time.

I am not seeing the Associated Skill field at all in Classic and RM2, the field you are seeing might be something FGU is trying to inject into the sheet for some reason. It is likely related to the issue with the fields going below the bottom of the item sheet.

See attached for what it looks like in FGC, I cannot find an associated skill field anywhere in any of the items I created.

Dakadin
May 1st, 2020, 02:09
The associated skill should only show up when an item is on a character sheet. It is used to tie a skill to a weapon so that the OB will automatically update as the skill changes. There isn't a need for it when it isn't on a character so it isn't shown. Also since it only updates the OB, it doesn't do any good for other types of items. You would just use the skills in those cases. Hopefully that helps.

Xen
May 1st, 2020, 02:41
Yeah that does help thanks. I was messing around with items to see if I can make an item that would add a bonus to a particular skill such as Swimming automatically or if I have to create the item then add the bonus in manually to that skills Item bonus slot but that's how I ended up noticing the Associated Skill slot.

Dakadin
May 1st, 2020, 03:14
You have to manually fill it in the skills tab. There isn't a way for items to give a skill bonus except to OB and DB.

Xen
May 1st, 2020, 21:40
I was following along with one of the older Combat Example videos on YouTube and in the video a character was going to cast a Sleep spell. It showed the character making a Base Attack Spell roll in order to do resistance checks. So I got to looking around and couldn't figure out how to recreate that skill roll. I found the Base Attack Spell in Spell Law under Spell Attacks and tried adding that to the Combat tab on one of my characters. However that skill does not actually show up as an action I can roll on from the Combat Tracker in case that character wanted to cast a non-directed spells attack such as Sleep or Vacuum. I also noticed after doing a Shock Bolt attack, I resolved it and wanted to see what the Fumble chart looked like. But when I resolved the Fumble the Attack Spell Failure (SF-02) table shows up blank. 34736

Dakadin
May 1st, 2020, 23:44
Hi Xen,

Yes, the Base Attack Spell is something I have all my casters add to their Combat tabs if they have any spells that require RRs. They just need to fill in the OB as their level. It will roll on the Base Spell Attack Table and even pull up the appropriate modifiers for stun, etc. in this version. If you want to manual create them for specific spells you can create a new item using the Items sidebar. Just set the Attack Table to Base Spell Attack Table. You could create separate ones for each of their resistible spells but that would be problematic in the Combat Tracker because of the number of attacks with one entry. You will find that makes for a lot more scrolling.

The spell failure table isn't showing the column because the Table Resolver is too small to display the first column. Just make the Table Resolver bigger and you will be able to see it. I added it to my list to set the minimum size so it will always show at least one column. It should be in v2.0.4.

Dakadin

Xen
May 2nd, 2020, 00:18
Oh that's hilarious. Not once did I even try to resize that window because I didn't see any slashed lines in the bottom right corner like there is in some windows to show they can be resized so never even thought to try it but yeah that worked, thanks! :) I also created a new Base Attack Spell item and set it to the Base Spell Attack table as you suggested and I got it all to work. I did notice though that every time I reopen that BAS item that the OB keeps resetting back to Zero even if I lock the item.

Xen
May 2nd, 2020, 05:40
For the last couple of days I've noticed things disappearing out of my Combat Tracker such as lines out of the Defense slots or weapon skills. 34754
The screenshot shows the CT from both the GM and the Players point of view, which the player is simply another session running on local host. But in this example Onna's Parry and Normal Shield lines have disappeared from the GM's CT. I've also had weapon skills disappear. It doesn't appear to be a delay of any kind because I've left the CT open for as long as an hour or so and it never repopulates. The only way I've been able to get those items to reappear was to delete everyone out of CT and add them back in or shut down the entire session and restart FGU.

Arion
May 2nd, 2020, 09:43
For the last couple of days I've noticed things disappearing out of my Combat Tracker such as lines out of the Defense slots or weapon skills. 34754
The screenshot shows the CT from both the GM and the Players point of view, which the player is simply another session running on local host. But in this example Onna's Parry and Normal Shield lines have disappeared from the GM's CT. I've also had weapon skills disappear. It doesn't appear to be a delay of any kind because I've left the CT open for as long as an hour or so and it never repopulates. The only way I've been able to get those items to reappear was to delete everyone out of CT and add them back in or shut down the entire session and restart FGU.

I have also seen that.

Majyk
May 2nd, 2020, 15:58
That has happened for a long time but I always thought it was a part of the system refreshing edits that don’t belong to a “base” addition of a PC.

It was always duplicate Parry links by dragging and dropping the Parry item line, then modifying the name of it to Shield or any other DB spell one wanted to use for their PC.

Basically, if it doesn’t exist on the Combat Tab, when first loading the Combat Tracker, it will eventually disappear.

Xen
May 2nd, 2020, 17:14
Yeah I did notice that if I modified anything that was already displayed in the CT it wouldn't update unless I removed that entry and added them back in. In this case it was more like spontaneous disappearance or so I thought. I was play testing the same encounter over a couple of days and now i'm wondering if maybe the CT didn't just glitch out after all the closing and opening of encounters, maps and the CT. Because after I was done testing I would shut down the client then when I was ready to start again I was picking back up where I left off.

Dakadin
May 3rd, 2020, 03:12
Yeah the attacks and defenses are still using some of the old code so it wouldn't surprise me if it is still happening now. I will look into it but if you can help me to replicate it that would be great because I haven't see it in my games.

Is the PC adding the things directly to the Combat Tracker and they aren't showing up for the GM or did the GM add them and they are just disappearing over time?

BTW I am reworking parts of the attacks and defenses right now since there is something that I definitely want to change before it goes live.

Dakadin

Xen
May 3rd, 2020, 16:49
The PC wasn't adding things directly in to the Combat Tracker, nor I from the GM client, and if a character did need to make an adjustment to their Offense field such as adding in a new skill after I had already added them to the CT, I had to delete that PC from the CT and add them back in before the new skill would appear.

However, I played around for about 4 hours today and between closing and reopening windows, restarting clients, deleting CT entries and adding them back in I was never able to recreate what I was seeing so at this point I'm now unsure what was triggering those entries to disappear.

Xen

Dakadin
May 3rd, 2020, 19:13
The PC wasn't adding things directly in to the Combat Tracker, nor I from the GM client, and if a character did need to make an adjustment to their Offense field such as adding in a new skill after I had already added them to the CT, I had to delete that PC from the CT and add them back in before the new skill would appear.

That is the part that I am reworking now. I noticed it last week when testing something and realized that I need to change the way it works. Your work around is currently the only way to get it to update.

However, I played around for about 4 hours today and between closing and reopening windows, restarting clients, deleting CT entries and adding them back in I was never able to recreate what I was seeing so at this point I'm now unsure what was triggering those entries to disappear.

Xen

I haven't experienced this yet but I've only run one session in FGU so far that might be why. Did this happen with using FGU or FGC?

Thanks,
Dakadin

Xen
May 3rd, 2020, 19:36
I haven't experienced this yet but I've only run one session in FGU so far that might be why. Did this happen with using FGU or FGC?

FGU. I never got to the point of getting FGC off the ground and RL junk tore me away from it some time ago. After I found out the new version of RM was on Test I was reinvigorated about it and fired everything back up with a new install without trying to transfer anything from FGC over. I've finished going through a lot of guides and other tutorials and I'm comfortable enough to do a test run. So next Friday 3 friends of mine and I are going to do our first live run. I'll let you know how that session turns out but it probably won't be much more than some character creation and a small easy dungeon crawl.

Xen

Xen
May 3rd, 2020, 22:56
I just noticed on the XP tab on the Party Sheet that when I went to delete the Encounters and Quests rewards the actual delete button on the Quests box is offset. You can still delete the award but you have to click to the right side of it. Clicking the left side of course opens the award to view its details. The Encounters delete button shows up slightly off center but was more of a visual thing in case you were wanting them to line up directly on top of each other. Resizing the window didn't change the position at all. 34843

Xen

Dakadin
May 4th, 2020, 02:16
Thanks. I will look into it.

Dakadin
May 4th, 2020, 15:32
The latest version(2.0.4) of fixes and changes to the ruleset is on the test channel. I am still working on the attacks/defenses in the Combat Tracker. Here is a list of the changes:

RMC v2.0.4
Changed the default for newly added skills to secondary skills instead of primary skills
Fixed - No scrollbars are showing on the Appearance field on the Notes tab of the Character Sheet.
Changed the Skill Development Primary/Secondary DP section change "Avail Cost Rem" to "Avail Spent Rem"
Added Total Weight to each item listed on the Character Sheet Inventory tab to make it more intuitive what weight is being counted for inventory
Fixed - PC Init Bonus was not included when the GM rolls initiative for the PCs
Fixed - Using Grapple table for alternate criticals uses the attack table instead of the critical table
Fixed - Error when dragging a combat table result to a creature in the CT - Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:683: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
Darken the label fonts in the Combat Tracker so they are easier to read.
Adjusted the minimum Table Resolver size so the fumble tables show at least one column of information
Added resize icon to the Table Resolver, Table Browser, RM Tables
Adjusted the CT visibility buttons in FGU to match the size in FGC
Fixed - Secondary Skill Table in FGU cuts off at Spell Mastery instead of showing the whole table.
Fixed - Missing Window Titles in FGU for Table 08-15 Base Spell Item Price Chart (See image), 08-16, 08-17, 08-19, Enchanted Breads, Intoxicants and Poisons.
Fixed - Images in Arms Law Reference Manual so they open the images instead of errors or blank images
Added Leather Arm Protection to ATs 6 and 7 in the Character Law armor equipment list
Fixed - Spell Law and Character Law Tables roll a 1d100+1d10 rather than the correct 1d100 in FGU
Fixed - Creatures in Creatures and Treasures were ID'd by default instead of not ID'd
Fixed - Positions of delete buttons on the Party Sheet XP tab for Encounters and Quests

Xen
May 4th, 2020, 22:01
Thanks for the update Dakadin, looks good! After updating my client I was setting up a new combat scenario and when I went to drag one of the PC characters in to the Combat Tracker I got a few errors thrown at me. 34883 I then noticed that the PC's Mace weapon had disappeared from the CT and was left with a blank entry. The Mace itself was a stock weapon dragged over from Arms Law and no modifications. There is also a Mace in the inventory. I deleted the Mace from the Combat tab and added a new one back in from the Arms Law Standard Weapons list. I removed all entries from the CT and added the PC back in without any errors. It's not something I've been able to replicate and the other 2 PC characters added without error. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I figured I'd post it anyway for your info.

mrgrey
May 5th, 2020, 01:05
I know it's still very much in the testing phases, but I was wondering if there was anything approaching a timescale for the live release (obviously no there isn't is a perfectly fine answer).

Xen
May 5th, 2020, 02:41
I'm having some confusion on creating a new skill. In my example 34905 I created the Test Skill, changed the Type to Maneuver, Static, left the Progression as Standard and added in the stats Re/In. After adding that skill to the skill tab I gave it a cost of 1/3 and I noticed that right after adding in a newly created skill, if I add in new ranks the Rank Bonus and the Total Bonus will not automatically calculate. But if I open the skill and toggle through the Progression options and cycle back to Standard again then the skill will start totaling. Sometimes i have to do this a couple of times before it works but then I can start changing the number of ranks and it starts working fine. Using Character Law skills work as soon as I add them. I thought maybe I was going about it wrong, just not sure.

Dakadin
May 5th, 2020, 05:35
Thanks for the update Dakadin, looks good! After updating my client I was setting up a new combat scenario and when I went to drag one of the PC characters in to the Combat Tracker I got a few errors thrown at me. 34883 I then noticed that the PC's Mace weapon had disappeared from the CT and was left with a blank entry. The Mace itself was a stock weapon dragged over from Arms Law and no modifications. There is also a Mace in the inventory. I deleted the Mace from the Combat tab and added a new one back in from the Arms Law Standard Weapons list. I removed all entries from the CT and added the PC back in without any errors. It's not something I've been able to replicate and the other 2 PC characters added without error. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore but I figured I'd post it anyway for your info.

Hi Xen,

Thanks for reporting that. The attacks were blank because it got that error and wasn't able to complete the script. I will put an extra check for that.

Dakadin

Dakadin
May 5th, 2020, 05:42
I know it's still very much in the testing phases, but I was wondering if there was anything approaching a timescale for the live release (obviously no there isn't is a perfectly fine answer).

Hi mrgrey,

I am hoping it will be in the next couple weeks. I am trying to get the attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker reworked along with the Combat tab on the Character Sheet by the end of this week so it can be pushed to the test channel. Then if there aren't any major issues, it should be ready for live the following week.

Dakadin

JohnD
May 5th, 2020, 05:44
This is all looking really good.

Dakadin
May 5th, 2020, 05:45
I'm having some confusion on creating a new skill. In my example 34905 I created the Test Skill, changed the Type to Maneuver, Static, left the Progression as Standard and added in the stats Re/In. After adding that skill to the skill tab I gave it a cost of 1/3 and I noticed that right after adding in a newly created skill, if I add in new ranks the Rank Bonus and the Total Bonus will not automatically calculate. But if I open the skill and toggle through the Progression options and cycle back to Standard again then the skill will start totaling. Sometimes i have to do this a couple of times before it works but then I can start changing the number of ranks and it starts working fine. Using Character Law skills work as soon as I add them. I thought maybe I was going about it wrong, just not sure.

Hi Xen,

Are you creating the skill on the Character sheet or or using the Skills sidebar button?

Is this in FGU? If so I will have to see why it isn't updating properly.

Dakadin

Dakadin
May 5th, 2020, 05:48
This is all looking really good.

Yeah, it is definitely working really well. I just want it to be as smooth as possible for the move to the live channel so those that don't frequent the forums have a good experience with it. A few of the recent issues are things that need to be cleaned up before then though.

Xen
May 5th, 2020, 14:50
Hi Xen,

Are you creating the skill on the Character sheet or or using the Skills sidebar button?

Is this in FGU? If so I will have to see why it isn't updating properly.

Dakadin

This is in FGU but now that you mention it each test I had been doing was just from the Skills sidebar button. So I went back and manually created a new skill in the Skills tab on the character sheet and that worked fine and then I created another new skill directly in to the Skill Development window and it also worked fine. I then created another skill from the Skills sidebar button and again the skill was broke until I started cycling through the Progression options. 34916 I also noticed that I had to open the skill from the Skills tab on the character sheet to cycle through the Progression options to get the bonuses to calculate. If I opened the skill from the Skills sidebar, cycling Progression wouldn't work.

Xen

Dakadin
May 5th, 2020, 18:45
Thanks. That should help me to track it down.

Xen
May 7th, 2020, 05:44
Ran another test game tonight and had 3 friends on the server so let the fun begin! :) After one of the players finished adding in their inventory items they had a stock Target Shield in their inventory and after adding the character in to the Combat Tracker I noticed that their shield was not showing up in the Defense section. I removed them from the CT, opened their Character Sheet and dragged a Target Shield from Character Law Table 08-14 Armor Prices in to the Combat tab so that it would show up in the Defense section and added them back to the CT. As soon as I added the character to the CT it threw an error, 34987, and if I expanded the Attack section the Rapier would disappear but the Target Shield would be listed. If I went back to the character and removed the shield from the Combat tab and added them back to the CT I wouldn't get any errors and the Rapier would reappear. I thought maybe it was just the shield but I tried it on the Normal, Target, Wall and Full shields and kept getting the same errors. I also had this error come up after adding in a shield and modifying it's properties for some extra DB then added it to the Combat tab.

Dakadin
May 7th, 2020, 06:05
Thanks for the details. I am working on redoing that whole exchange right now. It should clear up most of these types of issues. Right now I am working on getting the Combat tab weapons section so it is linked to the Inventory tab items if they are weapons or shields. That way if you modify one it will show up on the other. After that I am going to use the same basic strategy for the attacks and defenses on the Combat Tracker. That should simplify things and make it a bit less confusing. It should also prevent the errors you encountered but I won't know for sure until I finish up all the pieces.

As a workaround in the meantime, you should be able to drag the shield directly to the defense section of the Combat Tracker.

Dakadin

Xen
May 7th, 2020, 13:32
I was able to drag the shields directly in to the CT and even though it still threw errors it didn't cause any weapons to disappear. I ran a few combat rounds and it didn't affect combat in any way that I could see so it still worked out.

Xen
May 8th, 2020, 22:20
I'm trying to set up a Monk for one of my players and using the old guide from 1.5 I figured out how to add in the MA Strikes, Sweeps & Throws in to the Combat tab. 35046 On the right side of the Martial Arts section it looks like a slide bar was trying to load but I only have 2 lines in there but when I add this character to the CT you can see all of their attacks but I somehow got this mysterious blank attack that keeps showing up. I deleted their Martial Arts from the Combat tab and added them back in but the blank attack keeps appearing. I added in the same MA skills to another character, Onna, and added her to the CT but there is no blank attack on hers so I'm not sure what's happening. There is also some 'chain' looking icon appearing next to a lot of the numbers and Crown icons. I'm not sure what those are either and it's not something I can click on. I also can't click on the Crown icon for any of the MA attacks to open the information like you would clicking on the Mace. I also saw some new errors in the Console I hadn't seen before. 35047. I think they showed up in the console after I was messing around with the ranks but I've not been able to recreate what caused this just yet. The script error at the bottom happened when I was trying to click on one of those chains and accidentally grabbed the number 1 and dropped back on the CT.

Xen

Dakadin
May 8th, 2020, 22:58
Hi Xen,

The extra blank is likely a spot where I missed the initial blank entry that exists for the attacks and defenses. It is removed if there is a normal attack listed in the weapons section. I will track it down. The error probably occurred when the blank attack was created. Thanks ofr the screenshot of it, since it should help me to track it down.

The "chain" icons represent links back to the source sheet whether it is an NPC or PC. If you change the source it should update the linked field.

I removed the link (red crown) icons from the martial arts because they don't use the items They use the Martial Arts section instead. Opening them wouldn't work in that case. It is the same thing for the Parry entry in the defenses.

Hopefully this weekend, I can finish up with the parts that should clean up quite a bit of what you are encountering.

Dakadin.

Xen
May 9th, 2020, 05:39
I was playing around with setting up an encounter with some Goblins. I had gone through some tutorials I found for encounter setups but I was wanting to create an encounter that could have Goblins of different types such as in this image. 35073. I know I can set up an encounter that will randomly throw out a number of foes if I used something like 1d6 but in this case I was simply wanting to have a list of various types of Goblins and be able to open that encounter and manually select whatever I wanted out of that list.

Let's say I only wanted the Goblin Archer and the Shortsword goblin to load. I would select the 2nd goblin and set its number to Zero, but if I clicked the 4th goblin and try to set him to zero then the last one I had selected would revert back to 1. So the only goblin I could set to Zero would be whichever one was currently selected. If I clicked the button to add the encounter to the combat tracker then it would add them all except for whichever goblin that was set to Zero. Is there another way I should be doing this? I know I can drag the individual types of goblins right from the NPC list but I was going to work on setting up groupings of encounters by types, such as goblins, orcs, skeletons, etc, then have a variety of those types of creatures in each group.

Xen

Dakadin
May 9th, 2020, 06:59
Hi Xen,

I did some tests and the problem you are having is the encounters will allow a minimum of 1 for the quantity of NPCs of a given type so once you leave that field it sets it back to 1.

You might be better off just creating a separate encounter for each different type. You can use the filter at the bottom of the encounter list window and type in the type of creatures you want encounters for and it will just show those. Then open the encounters you want to use.
The other thing in case you didn't realize it, is you can drag the tokens from the encounter to a map and when you use the encounter it will automatically add them to the Combat Tracker and the map in the spots where you placed them.

If you want random things then look at the FG tables, story templates and random encounters. I seen some amazing things people have created with those.

Hopefully that helps,
Dakadin

Xen
May 9th, 2020, 15:32
Ok I see what you are saying now, yeah that does help. It took some more playing around with it but I think I got it. I know I had read about dragging tokens down to the map to kind of preset an encounter but I guess I just wasn't doing it right. So I created an encounter with a goblin archer, placed the tokens on the map which of course placed the Checkmark for each token then closed the encounter which causes all the tokens to disappear from the map. I clicked the shortcut for the encounter to reopen the encounter and dragged the encounter icon to the CT to load them all which makes them appear back on the map.

I did notice though that after placing the tokens and closing the encounter window, if I clicked the shortcut it opens that window back up but the tokens are still missing from the map until I load them in to the CT. Should the tokens appear and disappear each time you open that encounter window? What if I placed the tokens on the map but happen to forget where on the map they were placed? I think I would just have to add the encounter to the CT so I can see them again so I could move them. 35092

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to see the token placement in case I wanted to make placement adjustments before actually getting to an encounter instead of adjusting as the encounter happens and without having to add them to the CT to do it but after further testing this looks like a Unity specific thing. I loaded up a 5E campaign and went through the same steps and the tokens there don't reappear until they are loaded in to the CT either.

Xen

JohnD
May 9th, 2020, 17:17
Once placed and the encounter closed, the tokens only appear again when the encounter is loaded into the CT.

If you want random amounts of creatures use the Random Encounter. You can do a lot of options in there to determine numbers, even something like 1d4-3 which will give you 0 of that creature type 75% of the time and just 1 the rest of the time. Very useful.

Xen
May 10th, 2020, 00:38
Over the past week some friends and I have been running a game going through the basics of character creation, how to use controls, a number of combat scenarios and some other stuff. Aside from all of us being FG newbies we had a lot of fun and it was such a blast rolling the RM dice with my friends again who all live in another state. (I was the one that moved away!)

During this time I came across a number of items I found and thought I'd just compile one list and post it all at once. Some of the stuff I've found concerning weird image loads and disappearing text I can't actually count out that it wasn't just my system freaking out but it was still something I would repeatedly see.

CL - Table 04-01 Race Abilities, table cuts off at the bottom at Greater Orc and can't see Troll.
CL - Primary Skills - Except for Disarm Traps, Pick Locks, Stalk and Hide which don't have enough text in their descriptions for a scroll bar, all other skills in this list won't scroll and most of the scroll bar buttons are overlapping each other.
CL - Secondary Skills - No scrolling on Dance, First Aid, Frenzy, Lore skills except Technical, Meditation, Music, Rowing, Seduction, Spell Mastery and Tumbling
CL - Secondary Skills - No scrolling and scroll buttons overlapping - Subduing, including created skills. Long descriptions the text blips in and out. While writing the description for this the text kept blanking out and I'd lose where I was at but if I kept writing the text would show back up. 35118

AL - Image issues. In one example (35119) I clicked on the Crown icon at the header for 1.0 Introduction opens another window which is identical to the page in the Reference window but when the new window opens the images don't load. If I resize that window, close it and reopen it then I can see the images. (35121) The images are still there even if I can't see them because I can click on the empty space and the image itself loads in another window. (35122)
AL 4.10 - I couldn't find this table in any of my books but it seems to me like there should be information there in the first column. (35120)

Misc
Unable to drag any item from RM Tables down to the hotkeys. I was wanting to hotkey the tables for Spell fumbles, M&M and Resistances.

Hopefully I'm not throwing out stuff that you are already aware of Dakadin. :) Seems like you may have mentioned something about images and window sizing, I just couldn't remember. lol

Xen

Xen
May 10th, 2020, 15:14
I was playing around with manually creating Bleeding affects on characters The first time I did it I bled the character for 25 a round and at Zero hit points they went unconscious. So I kept clicking through the rounds until it maxed at 191 (character has 100 hp + 91 Con stat) and it threw an error. (35143)

I tried doing this a few more times but I couldn't get that error to repeat.

Xen

Dakadin
May 10th, 2020, 23:33
Thanks Xen. I will look into those.

Dakadin
May 10th, 2020, 23:58
AL 4.10 - I couldn't find this table in any of my books but it seems to me like there should be information there in the first column. (35120)

This table is in RMC Arms Law on pg 43 of my PDF: 35156

Misc
Unable to drag any item from RM Tables down to the hotkeys. I was wanting to hotkey the tables for Spell fumbles, M&M and Resistances.

I haven't even looked into doing that yet. ;)

Sulimo
May 11th, 2020, 21:20
CL - Table 04-01 Race Abilities, table cuts off at the bottom at Greater Orc and can't see Troll.
CL - Primary Skills - Except for Disarm Traps, Pick Locks, Stalk and Hide which don't have enough text in their descriptions for a scroll bar, all other skills in this list won't scroll and most of the scroll bar buttons are overlapping each other.
CL - Secondary Skills - No scrolling on Dance, First Aid, Frenzy, Lore skills except Technical, Meditation, Music, Rowing, Seduction, Spell Mastery and Tumbling
CL - Secondary Skills - No scrolling and scroll buttons overlapping - Subduing, including created skills. Long descriptions the text blips in and out. While writing the description for this the text kept blanking out and I'd lose where I was at but if I kept writing the text would show back up. 35118

Dakadin, thought I would offer some help with these items.

NOTE: I can see the Troll in Table 04-01, not sure what is happening there for Xen. I am guessing part of the issue is that for whatever reason the original author decided not to implement window resizing on some of the windows (it seems pretty arbitrary to me as to which can be resized and which cannot).

For the inability to scroll, it seems the Mouse Wheel does not work to scroll for Skills, but grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it to scroll up/down does work. It is difficult with Skills that have a lot of descriptive text to grab and use the scrollbar because it will tend to scroll really quickly with just slight mouse movements.

As a contrast to the inability to use the Mouse Wheel for Skills, the Mouse Wheel works fine on Table 06-01 Race Background Options. I did a few other checks here and there, and everything I briefly tried worked with the Mouse Wheel, I did not check everything though.

Attached is an image of using the Mouse to grab and drag the scrollbar.

Hopefully this helps to track it down.

Edit: sigh, not sure what happened to the second image there.

Dakadin
May 12th, 2020, 01:44
Thanks Sulimo. That does help.

Prunttonner
May 12th, 2020, 16:53
Hi Dadakin!

Last week I tested many things in test Channel v2.0.4. I've noticed when I roll any skill or stat from Party Sheet and use "Show GM roll option" the players always can see the roll result even if "Hide Roll Result" is selected in Party Sheet. I wanted to point this issue if you didn't knew it in order to help.

Regards,
Prunttonner

JohnD
May 12th, 2020, 19:47
Hi Dadakin!

Last week I tested many things in test Channel v2.0.4. I've noticed when I roll any skill or stat from Party Sheet and use "Show GM roll option" the players always can see the roll result even if "Hide Roll Result" is selected in Party Sheet. I wanted to point this issue if you didn't knew it in order to help.

Regards,
Prunttonner

Ooh that's a good catch. Those need to be hidden.

Dakadin
May 12th, 2020, 22:52
Thanks Prunttonner. I will look into that issue.

Dakadin
May 13th, 2020, 04:55
Hi,

I just wanted to provide an update. I am trying to update some code I had to use to get the attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker working in the first place. It was one of the first things that I did when converting it to CoreRPG so I haven't looked at it in about a year. I was testing with it a little over a week ago and notice some things that were likely to cause issues if you tried to do them in certain ways so I wanted to update it so that it wouldn't cause frustration.

I am working on updating how the attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker, Combat tab items and Inventory items are all connecting. In the current version, they are all separate items which causes some confusion and is an issue with the new version of the Combat Tracker. I am working on making them link to each other so they all point to one base item instead of potentially 3 different ones. This will allow updates to be made in any of those 3 locations and have it reflected in the other ones. It will also allow me to clean up the code for the attacks/defenses so that there are few exceptions needed for the different possibilities.

Right now, I already have the Combat tab items and Inventory items linking if they are one of the 6 weapon types of shields. This means that you can drop a new weapon on the Inventory or Combat tab and it will add them to the other tab. If you delete or change it in one location then it will also be updated in the other location. The other attacks like spell attacks and martial arts won't create an inventory item.

Which brings me to one other change that I did because it has always been a bit confusing for me. I removed the martial arts section of the Combat Tab and converted the existing ones to attacks in the top section of the Combat tab. This will allow adjustments to be made to them and skills to be associated with them like the other attacks. I added the martial arts attacks to Arms Law like the spell attacks are in Spell Law. I also added buttons to the Combat tab so it is easier to add the martial arts and spell attacks. Here is a screenshot:

I was hoping to finish all the changes by the end of the weekend but I am running behind. I still need to work on the Combat Tracker attacks/defenses. There won't be time to finish these up and test them for a move to live next week. If I can finish them up by Friday then it will give a full week to test the new functionality to see if there are any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Sulimo
May 13th, 2020, 05:17
Hi,

I just wanted to provide an update. I am trying to update some code I had to use to get the attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker working in the first place. It was one of the first things that I did when converting it to CoreRPG so I haven't looked at it in about a year. I was testing with it a little over a week ago and notice some things that were likely to cause issues if you tried to do them in certain ways so I wanted to update it so that it wouldn't cause frustration.

I am working on updating how the attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker, Combat tab items and Inventory items are all connecting. In the current version, they are all separate items which causes some confusion and is an issue with the new version of the Combat Tracker. I am working on making them link to each other so they all point to one base item instead of potentially 3 different ones. This will allow updates to be made in any of those 3 locations and have it reflected in the other ones. It will also allow me to clean up the code for the attacks/defenses so that there are few exceptions needed for the different possibilities.

Right now, I already have the Combat tab items and Inventory items linking if they are one of the 6 weapon types of shields. This means that you can drop a new weapon on the Inventory or Combat tab and it will add them to the other tab. If you delete or change it in one location then it will also be updated in the other location. The other attacks like spell attacks and martial arts won't create an inventory item.

Which brings me to one other change that I did because it has always been a bit confusing for me. I removed the martial arts section of the Combat Tab and converted the existing ones to attacks in the top section of the Combat tab. This will allow adjustments to be made to them and skills to be associated with them like the other attacks. I added the martial arts attacks to Arms Law like the spell attacks are in Spell Law. I also added buttons to the Combat tab so it is easier to add the martial arts and spell attacks. Here is a screenshot:

I was hoping to finish all the changes by the end of the weekend but I am running behind. I still need to work on the Combat Tracker attacks/defenses. There won't be time to finish these up and test them for a move to live next week. If I can finish them up by Friday then it will give a full week to test the new functionality to see if there are any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Wow, that sounds like quite the undertaking.

I definitely appreciate the work being put into the ruleset.

I'll definitely test this out when you release it. Sounds like a lot of really good things coming.

Arion
May 13th, 2020, 11:37
Cracking work!

We carried on with out game using FGU last night, and I found a few more issues:

One of the character lost all of their equipment when i started the campaign up, and if i dragged new equipment to the inventory tab, it did not appear. This also lost the links to armour etc on the combat tab. When i checked this morning, the equipment was there again, but the links to the combat tab had to be redone. There were no script errors associated with this.

I have also noticed that it does not roll Initiative automatically for the NPC's each round, even though selected in the options.

There was one other thing, but i have forgotten what it is and cannot read my own handwriting. I will post again when i work it out...

Dakadin
May 13th, 2020, 17:30
Wow, that sounds like quite the undertaking.

I definitely appreciate the work being put into the ruleset.

I'll definitely test this out when you release it. Sounds like a lot of really good things coming.

Yeah it ended up being a bit more than I was planning to do for this version. The current version works for the most part but it won't take updates to the entries in the Combat Tracker. This would mainly become an issue when the PCs leveled up or trying to use alternate criticals. This would require removing the entry from the Combat Tracker and re-add them to show the changes.

Dakadin
May 13th, 2020, 17:42
Cracking work!

We carried on with out game using FGU last night, and I found a few more issues:

One of the character lost all of their equipment when i started the campaign up, and if i dragged new equipment to the inventory tab, it did not appear. This also lost the links to armour etc on the combat tab. When i checked this morning, the equipment was there again, but the links to the combat tab had to be redone. There were no script errors associated with this.

I have also noticed that it does not roll Initiative automatically for the NPC's each round, even though selected in the options.

There was one other thing, but i have forgotten what it is and cannot read my own handwriting. I will post again when i work it out...

Thanks Arion. The first one sounds like an FGU issue. I will look into these though.

Xen
May 15th, 2020, 00:07

NOTE: I can see the Troll in Table 04-01, not sure what is happening there for Xen. I am guessing part of the issue is that for whatever reason the original author decided not to implement window resizing on some of the windows (it seems pretty arbitrary to me as to which can be resized and which cannot).

For the inability to scroll, it seems the Mouse Wheel does not work to scroll for Skills, but grabbing the scroll bar and dragging it to scroll up/down does work. It is difficult with Skills that have a lot of descriptive text to grab and use the scrollbar because it will tend to scroll really quickly with just slight mouse movements.

As a contrast to the inability to use the Mouse Wheel for Skills, the Mouse Wheel works fine on Table 06-01 Race Background Options. I did a few other checks here and there, and everything I briefly tried worked with the Mouse Wheel, I did not check everything though.

I got busy and forgot to come back to this but thank you Sulimo for the extra info and helping to clear up my notes. Yeah I don't know why my Table 04-01 is chopped off like it is when it appears yours is working fine. I checked this on my wife's computer also as a stand alone install and and that table is chopped off as well.

Dakadin
May 15th, 2020, 16:30
The original developers of the RMC ruleset did a good job of having the windows resize based on the number of rows in the window lists so they didn't include scrollbars or allow resizing. This still works great in FGC but doesn't in FGU because windows refresh differently so it can't resize it automatically because of how it was done. Keep letting me know about these so I can be sure to get them resolved even if I have to manually just make them the right size.

Xen
May 16th, 2020, 15:06
Last night I hosted my first 6-player game last night. :) 35534 With that many people it was still very much a learning process even though I had done multiple 1-2 person games helping my players set up their characters and to simply learn the system better. It's very different running and testing a game by myself and having a full load of people connected but we had a blast. We played for about 5 hours and I did notice a few new things throughout the night most of which I think actually has more to do with FGU itself rather than the ruleset, for example, my host system locks up for about 10 seconds or so when a player connects and still some slow table loading.

I did see that under MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit won't actually apply to its target and add an Unconscious state. (35535 Also, when players were finishing up their turns and clicked Next Actor all the sudden the HP bars of the characters tokens and any status icons they had would turn a pink color. (35541) The color change would clear itself up then come back throughout the night.

Xen

Sulimo
May 16th, 2020, 18:30
Last night I hosted my first 6-player game last night. :) 35534 With that many people it was still very much a learning process even though I had done multiple 1-2 person games helping my players set up their characters and to simply learn the system better. It's very different running and testing a game by myself and having a full load of people connected but we had a blast. We played for about 5 hours and I did notice a few new things throughout the night most of which I think actually has more to do with FGU itself rather than the ruleset, for example, my host system locks up for about 10 seconds or so when a player connects and still some slow table loading.

I did see that under MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit won't actually apply to its target and add an Unconscious state. (35535 Also, when players were finishing up their turns and clicked Next Actor all the sudden the HP bars of the characters tokens and any status icons they had would turn a pink color. (35541) The color change would clear itself up then come back throughout the night.

Xen

The lockups/pauses are definitely an FGU thing, lots of people mentioning it in various rulesets.

The Pink HP bars is also something that came up recently with the latest update to FGU, a bunch of people have mentioned it.

esmdev
May 16th, 2020, 21:37
I don't generally spend time on the test channel but am extremely grateful to those of you that are. In am looking forward to the new ruleset once it comes to live so thanks for all the hard work and testing. Also Dakadin thanks for all the work on the ruleset, can't wait!

Prunttonner
May 16th, 2020, 21:48
I don't generally spend time on the test channel but am extremely grateful to those of you that are. In am looking forward to the new ruleset once it comes to live so thanks for all the hard work and testing. Also Dakadin thanks for all the work on the ruleset, can't wait!

Ruleset v1.8.x doesn't work as well as I expect in FGU. That's the reason to spend time on the test channel. If we want a FGU decent version somebody has to test it!!! In my opinion v2.0.4 is a great advance for RMC players and Dadakin is doing a great job because the player experience is smooth even in test channel. As always there are minor issues to fix, but it seems cool.

Dakadin
May 17th, 2020, 02:52

Xen

I will look into the MA Strikes (76-80) issue. The pink color is a Unity issue not just a FGU issue. From what I understand, the pink color is when it can't display the graphics properly for some reason.

Dakadin
May 17th, 2020, 02:54
Ruleset v1.8.x doesn't work as well as I expect in FGU. That's the reason to spend time on the test channel. If we want a FGU decent version somebody has to test it!!! In my opinion v2.0.4 is a great advance for RMC players and Dadakin is doing a great job because the player experience is smooth even in test channel. As always there are minor issues to fix, but it seems cool.

RMC v1.8 definitely has issues in FGU. I fixed some of them early on but most of them were requiring that I switch out the existing code for CoreRPG based code so I just put my efforts into getting v2.0 out instead.

Dakadin
May 18th, 2020, 06:32
I ran another session using FGU and experienced some of the issues you have encountered. Here are a few things that might help when running a game in FGU.

It takes time to load a table on the Table Resolver the first time. Open the RM Tables before you start playing and open any tables that you normally uses by dragging them to the Table Resolver. It seems to cache them so it goes much faster after that.
If things disappear off the Combat Tracker like attacks or defenses, then just have the person that is experiencing it close and reopen the Combat Tracker and they should be back. For some reason, it isn't initializing those panels at times when they are opening and closing them.
The pink bars on the tokens is a Unity issue where the graphics aren't loading properly.
The missing images from the Library when you click the link to go to a specific section is an FGU issue also. I was able to duplicate it using the 5E ruleset.

I am almost ready to turn over the version that I am working on. I am just working on the campaign conversion part so should be able to turn it over tomorrow. It's been a lot more involved than I thought it would be but I am really liking how things are working with it now.

Basically if you add a weapon or shield to your inventory it will automatically add them to the Combat tab and Combat Tracker. If you delete them from the inventory it will delete them the Combat Tab and Combat Tracker. If you add an attack, weapon or shield to the Combat tab, it will add it to the Combat Tracker and if it is a weapon or shield it will add it to the PC's inventory. Removing them from the Combat tab will remove them from the Combat Tracker and the inventory if appropriate.

The links all link back to one base item either on the Combat tab or in the inventory if it is a weapon or shield. If you update it in one place it will be reflected in the others. The fields are also linked to each other so the updates will be seen in the other locations.

One outcome from this is some of the fields in the lists are read only now so you have to click the links to make changes to them. Adding or deleting attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker won't update the base records whether they are PCs or NPCs. This will allow the GM to add things without them being permanently added to the base records. If you want them to be part of the base records then go to that record and make the appropriate changes.

Once this is in the test channel, please test it if you can since this involved quite a few major changes and I want to see if I can resolve any major issues by Thursday.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Stuart
May 18th, 2020, 17:36
Great work so far - I tried the Ruleset in FGU and was so impressed that I am going to try it out with the Saturday campaign. I'm sure there will be bugs but the improvements are considerable.

Dakadin
May 18th, 2020, 20:20
Thanks. Just be sure to do some of the things I mentioned if you are running it in FGU. It works pretty well but can take a little bit to first load a table. That should improve as the do more performance improvements to FGU.

Dakadin
May 20th, 2020, 01:03
RMC v2.1.0 is now on the test channel. I had to update the version number so that I could automatically update the existing campaigns with these latest changes so this isn't the big update v2.1 that I've been mentioning. I've pushed most of the features back to what will be v2.2 but it does includes all the changes that I did to link the Inventory tab to the Combat tab and to the Combat Tracker attacks and defenses. It was described in the 2nd half of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55141-RolemasterClassic-ruleset-v2-0-(based-on-CoreRPG)&p=510517&viewfull=1#post510517

There are a couple bugs in the test channel that have already been brought up and resolved in my development build.
* The new Martial Arts and Spell Attack buttons on the Combat tab open those attack lists but the lists aren't refreshing so they appear blank. To view the list, hold down the CTRL button and click and drag the bottom right corner of the window until the list appears.
* On the Inventory tab the Not Carried/Carried/Equipped button doesn't remove the weight when Not Carried.

If there are no major issues before Friday morning then I am going to turn it over to be released to the live channel. There will be one more udpate for the release build with the minor fixes that come up during the week in addition to the ones that I already have on my list.

The full list of changes is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

RMC v2.1.0
[Fixed] Attacks and defenses sections in the Combat Tracker because they don't reflect changes in the charsheet or NPC sheet.
[Fixed] Critical Table type doesn't update in the CT when updated using the links for the attacks
[Added] Weapons and shields added to /removed from the Combat tab will automatically add/remove the items in the inventory
[Added] Weapons and shields added to/removed from the character sheet inventory will automatically add/remove them on the Combat tab
[Added] Set the Link on the weapons and shields in the Combat tab to the same link as the items in the Inventory tab so updating one updates the other
[Added] Adding/deleting items on the Combat tab should add/delete on the Combat Tracker if the character is on the Combat Tracker
[Added] Handle changes to the Type field from the Combat tab so that it creates/removes inventory items if they are weapons or shields
[Updated] Combat Tracker attacks and defenses for existing campaigns to use the new links to the source items
[Updated] The Character Sheet Martial Arts section to use the Combat tab attacks section instead of its own section
[Added] Martial arts attacks to Arms Law
[Added] Buttons for martial arts attacks and spell attacks to the Combat tab that will open the appropriate attack list
[Added] Ability to roll initiative from the Combat Tracker by double clicking or dragging the Init field on the Combat Tracker
[Updated] Worn/Equipped items on the inventory tab won’t count the weight for only Clothing and Armor items instead of all items based on Character Law Encumbrance on pg 28
[Updated] The clothing items in Character Law to be of type Clothing instead of Accessory
[Fixed] Script execution error: [string “ ct/scripts/ct_weapons.lua”]:49: attempt to index a nil value
[Added] Names to labels on the Character Sheet to help with extensions
[Fixed] The Equipped Armor Link is not clearing when the Equipped Armor is set to a blank value
[Fixed] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:738: setDescription: Invalid parameter 1
[Added] Another Rolemaster desktop decal

Xen
May 20th, 2020, 03:26
I'm all patched up to v2.1.0 and after some playing around with the Console open I was able to find the following. 35764

After starting up FGU, the very first time I opened a character sheet for that session the Main tab opened and it generates the 'Frame tabs' warning. The 'Frame textlinedice' would appear after clicking the Spells tab on a character but only if that character had spells listed on that tab. After the initial warning for both of the Frame messages the only time I could reproduce the warnings was by restarting FGU. Again only the very first time the Main or Spell tab was opened. Opening other character sheets after the initial Frame warnings would not generate new warnings. After about 15 minutes of messing around I just couldn't get the warnings to come back until I restarted FGU again.

The template error would appear the first time the Combat tab was clicked after opening a character sheet. Clicking another tab in the same character sheet then clicking the Combat tab would not generate another template error until that character sheet was closed and reopened. I bounced FGU a few times and was able to replicate the error each time.

Another one I found was if I manually changed the number of Ranks in a skill it would generate a 'Recursive call' warning. 35757

The last thing I noticed was the double lines under Parry. I noticed a few days ago the double lines appearing under items in the Attack section of the CT but it went away but now it's being persistent for me. Manually creating a new defense or attack also creates a double line for that item. 35758 I couldn't find any mention of it so I thought I'd at least bring it up too.

Hopefully this all makes sense. :)

Xen

Dakadin
May 20th, 2020, 05:34
Hi Xen,

Yes, that makes sense. I added the first four to my list and will get those resolved.

The last one with the double lines is an issue in FGU where it periodically doubles up a frame(graphic) for a control. It is just showing the 2nd one below the other one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dakadin

Arion
May 20th, 2020, 09:00
We had another session yesterday evening, which was an absolute nightmare!

We had connection problems (some people seeimg me in the lobby and others not), frequent lock-ups (blue wheel of death), characters not being available for players, maps not loading and others. It then lost LOS on a map, which actually made things a bit easier, but we did spend over 2 hours trying to get it to work, although some of that was my internet connection dropping out.

Anyway, a couple more bits.

I added a couple of additional crit types to a magical weapon, but it would only recognise the first on the table resolver. In the weapon itself there is space for two additional crit types, and so i wonder if the second could also be added to the TR?

Also, adding or changing a weapon on a character combat tab did not update the CT. I don't know whether this was then fixed by your latest update, but I thought i would mention it!

Prunttonner
May 20th, 2020, 11:17
I ran another session using FGU and experienced some of the issues you have encountered. Here are a few things that might help when running a game in FGU.

It takes time to load a table on the Table Resolver the first time. Open the RM Tables before you start playing and open any tables that you normally uses by dragging them to the Table Resolver. It seems to cache them so it goes much faster after that.
If things disappear off the Combat Tracker like attacks or defenses, then just have the person that is experiencing it close and reopen the Combat Tracker and they should be back. For some reason, it isn't initializing those panels at times when they are opening and closing them.
The pink bars on the tokens is a Unity issue where the graphics aren't loading properly.
The missing images from the Library when you click the link to go to a specific section is an FGU issue also. I was able to duplicate it using the 5E ruleset.

I am almost ready to turn over the version that I am working on. I am just working on the campaign conversion part so should be able to turn it over tomorrow. It's been a lot more involved than I thought it would be but I am really liking how things are working with it now.

Basically if you add a weapon or shield to your inventory it will automatically add them to the Combat tab and Combat Tracker. If you delete them from the inventory it will delete them the Combat Tab and Combat Tracker. If you add an attack, weapon or shield to the Combat tab, it will add it to the Combat Tracker and if it is a weapon or shield it will add it to the PC's inventory. Removing them from the Combat tab will remove them from the Combat Tracker and the inventory if appropriate.

The links all link back to one base item either on the Combat tab or in the inventory if it is a weapon or shield. If you update it in one place it will be reflected in the others. The fields are also linked to each other so the updates will be seen in the other locations.

One outcome from this is some of the fields in the lists are read only now so you have to click the links to make changes to them. Adding or deleting attacks/defenses on the Combat Tracker won't update the base records whether they are PCs or NPCs. This will allow the GM to add things without them being permanently added to the base records. If you want them to be part of the base records then go to that record and make the appropriate changes.

Once this is in the test channel, please test it if you can since this involved quite a few major changes and I want to see if I can resolve any major issues by Thursday.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Hi Dadakin!!!

I've been testing v2.1.0 today and is awesome. Great work. Combat tracker works properly and all items are linked so it's easier to keep all up to date managing inventory only. Even I think FGU opens the tables faster now.

Keep in mind to fix party sheet hide rolls issue in further actualizations!!!

Great advances since I started to test the Ruleset!!!

Regards,

Dakadin
May 20th, 2020, 16:11
We had another session yesterday evening, which was an absolute nightmare!

We had connection problems (some people seeimg me in the lobby and others not), frequent lock-ups (blue wheel of death), characters not being available for players, maps not loading and others. It then lost LOS on a map, which actually made things a bit easier, but we did spend over 2 hours trying to get it to work, although some of that was my internet connection dropping out.

Anyway, a couple more bits.

I added a couple of additional crit types to a magical weapon, but it would only recognise the first on the table resolver. In the weapon itself there is space for two additional crit types, and so i wonder if the second could also be added to the TR?

Also, adding or changing a weapon on a character combat tab did not update the CT. I don't know whether this was then fixed by your latest update, but I thought i would mention it!

Hi Arion,

Sorry to hear you had so many issues.

The 2 additional criticals show up for me. In version 2.0.4, they wouldn't show up if you changed them from the CT. That was part of the reason for the changes that led to v2.1.0.

If this was with version 2.1.0 it should have added them to the CT. Version 2.0.4 didn't add them to the CT. It was the major change that was made. It does show me one thing to change about how it works though so it will work a bit better.

Dakadin

Dakadin
May 20th, 2020, 16:12
Hi Dadakin!!!

I've been testing v2.0.1 today and is awesome. Great work. Combat tracker works properly and all items are linked so it's easier to keep all up to date managing inventory only. Even I think FGU opens the tables faster now.

Keep in mind to fix party sheet hide rolls issue in further actualizations!!!

Great advances since I started to test the Ruleset!!!

Regards,

Hi Prunttonner,

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't forgotten about the party rolls. It is on my list to fix this week. :)

Dakadin

Xen
May 21st, 2020, 02:52
One of my players was goofing around and discovered that if you drag a box such as the Zero from the Act % column then dragged and dropped it over the PP box (13), it would throw a script execution error. 35828 It would only trigger 1 error each time we did this, all the additional errors you see in the image is because I was dragging other boxes around and dropping them in other columns too.

Xen

Prunttonner
May 21st, 2020, 17:12
RMC v2.1.0 is now on the test channel. I had to update the version number so that I could automatically update the existing campaigns with these latest changes so this isn't the big update v2.1 that I've been mentioning. I've pushed most of the features back to what will be v2.2 but it does includes all the changes that I did to link the Inventory tab to the Combat tab and to the Combat Tracker attacks and defenses. It was described in the 2nd half of this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55141-RolemasterClassic-ruleset-v2-0-(based-on-CoreRPG)&p=510517&viewfull=1#post510517

There are a couple bugs in the test channel that have already been brought up and resolved in my development build.
* The new Martial Arts and Spell Attack buttons on the Combat tab open those attack lists but the lists aren't refreshing so they appear blank. To view the list, hold down the CTRL button and click and drag the bottom right corner of the window until the list appears.
* On the Inventory tab the Not Carried/Carried/Equipped button doesn't remove the weight when Not Carried.

If there are no major issues before Friday morning then I am going to turn it over to be released to the live channel. There will be one more udpate for the release build with the minor fixes that come up during the week in addition to the ones that I already have on my list.

The full list of changes is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

RMC v2.1.0
[Fixed] Attacks and defenses sections in the Combat Tracker because they don't reflect changes in the charsheet or NPC sheet.
[Fixed] Critical Table type doesn't update in the CT when updated using the links for the attacks
[Added] Weapons and shields added to /removed from the Combat tab will automatically add/remove the items in the inventory
[Added] Weapons and shields added to/removed from the character sheet inventory will automatically add/remove them on the Combat tab
[Added] Set the Link on the weapons and shields in the Combat tab to the same link as the items in the Inventory tab so updating one updates the other
[Added] Adding/deleting items on the Combat tab should add/delete on the Combat Tracker if the character is on the Combat Tracker
[Added] Handle changes to the Type field from the Combat tab so that it creates/removes inventory items if they are weapons or shields
[Updated] Combat Tracker attacks and defenses for existing campaigns to use the new links to the source items
[Updated] The Character Sheet Martial Arts section to use the Combat tab attacks section instead of its own section
[Added] Martial arts attacks to Arms Law
[Added] Buttons for martial arts attacks and spell attacks to the Combat tab that will open the appropriate attack list
[Added] Ability to roll initiative from the Combat Tracker by double clicking or dragging the Init field on the Combat Tracker
[Updated] Worn/Equipped items on the inventory tab won’t count the weight for only Clothing and Armor items instead of all items based on Character Law Encumbrance on pg 28
[Updated] The clothing items in Character Law to be of type Clothing instead of Accessory
[Fixed] Script execution error: [string “ ct/scripts/ct_weapons.lua”]:49: attempt to index a nil value
[Added] Names to labels on the Character Sheet to help with extensions
[Fixed] The Equipped Armor Link is not clearing when the Equipped Armor is set to a blank value
[Fixed] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:738: setDescription: Invalid parameter 1
[Added] Another Rolemaster desktop decal

Hi Dadakin,

I am testing many things about inventory improvements, it looks quite well. Moreover the bugs you said, I've noticed that Clothing still counting to the weight, I don't if it is due the bug you commented.

Regards,
Prunttonner

Dakadin
May 21st, 2020, 18:09
Hi Prunttonner,

Clothing will count as weight unless you change it to the equipped icon on the inventory sheet. One thing to realize is the existing items of clothing were all of type Accessory. I updated the versions in Character Law to use type Clothing so if you drag one of those over it should work without changing anything. If you have existing items of clothing then just change the type from Accessory to Clothing and it should remove the weight for encumbrance if it is Equipped. There is a bug in the current build where items that are Not Carried are counting as weight. I've got it fixed in my dev version already.

Dakadin

Prunttonner
May 21st, 2020, 18:26
Hi Prunttonner,

Clothing will count as weight unless you change it to the equipped icon on the inventory sheet. One thing to realize is the existing items of clothing were all of type Accessory. I updated the versions in Character Law to use type Clothing so if you drag one of those over it should work without changing anything. If you have existing items of clothing then just change the type from Accessory to Clothing and it should remove the weight for encumbrance if it is Equipped. There is a bug in the current build where items that are Not Carried are counting as weight. I've got it fixed in my dev version already.

Dakadin

Hi Dadakin,

Thank you for the explanation, I tested with Clothing items (Carried) and obviusly it didn't work.

Regards,

Bale Nomad
May 22nd, 2020, 00:52

RMC v2.1.0

Dakadin,

I get the convenience factor of closely linking things between the Combat tab and the Inventory tab and between the Combat Tracker and the Inventory tab. However, how should we handle multiple types of attacks with the same weapon? For instance, melee attacks or thrown attacks with a dagger. The way I was doing it, I would create 2 entries on the Combat tab, each for the same weapon with a subtitle for the attack type, like "Dagger, thrown", and then associate the appropriate skill with that attack, since different skills with the same weapon are developed independently. Now, a character setup that way shows 3 dagger entries on both the Combat and Inventory tabs and on the CT.

What's the best way to set this up?

Bale Nomad

Bale Nomad
May 22nd, 2020, 01:04
I also noticed that ranged attacks with the dagger have no penalties applied to them, regardless of range.

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2020, 01:39
Hi Bale Nomad,

The change was done for a couple reasons.

The main one was it wouldn't update the attacks in the Combat Tracker unless you removed the combatant from the CT and re-added them. It mainly came up if you wanted to use alternate criticals. This is the one that motivated me to make the change now instead of later.
Updates during leveling or other times to PCs didn't always update the CT. If you added or removed things then they had to be done on the CT also.
It was confusing for new users that weren't familiar with the process.

I have a couple ideas on how to fix the situation you are encountering in the future. Here are a couple things you can do now:

Change the daggers you don't want to show up in inventory to Type Special instead of One-Handed Slashing. Only the 6 different weapon types and Shields are copied to your inventory. The other types aren't copied.
The other option would be to just change the extra items to Not Carried on the Inventory tab so they don't count against the character's load. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the version on test that doesn't remove the weight for Not Carried. That will be fixed soon.

The Range modifier is just a place holder so the entry would be in the Table Resolver when resolving the attack. Too often ranged attacks would be rolled and the modifier wasn't added before the roll. It just made it easy for the GM to just type in the modifier when resolving the attack. It only saved a couple clicks but a few people asked for it and it was easy to add so I did.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2020, 02:02

I was working on the skills issue and the mouse wheel works for me in both FGC and FGU so what I ended up doing was changing the skill window so it can be resized. That should allow resizing the image and then the scrolling should be easier.

Bale Nomad
May 22nd, 2020, 06:49
Dakadin,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I changed the type to "Special" on "Dagger, Thrown" in the Combat tab, and it disappeared from that tab. I opened it from the Inventory tab (where apparently the change was actually applied), then dragged the window handle from the item sheet onto the Combat tab, and it was simultaneously added to the CT. I then deleted it from the Inventory tab without disturbing the Combat tab or CT. Then I modified the "regular" instance of the Dagger with the associated 1HS weapon skill to make it the same as the "Dagger, Melee" copy and deleted the "Dagger, Melee" copy, which cascaded to the Inventory tab and CT. Baldor is now a happy camper, since he's only actually carrying 1 dagger instead of 3. :)

Thanks also for the information regarding the range modifiers.

Bale Nomad

Prunttonner
May 22nd, 2020, 13:17
Hi Dadakin,

Yesterday we tested CT. We noticed that OB wounded modifier (25%-50%-75% of concussion points) is applied to NPC but not to PC Character. I don't know if it's something to be fixed or I did something wrong.

I attach some screenshots.

Regards,
Prunttonner

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2020, 17:40
Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it.

Xen
May 22nd, 2020, 18:31
I created 2 new skills, one for the Base Attack Roll and the other for the Base Spell Attack for non-elemental attacks. I wanted those to appear in the CT so the players can roll straight from the CT whenever they are casting a spell and since it's a skill I can't drag the skill in the Combat tab so it would appear. So I just right-clicked and manually added each skill to the Combat tab and they do appear in the CT now and then went in to the Base Spell Attack skill and manually added in a 2 for the characters level. Should I be doing this another way? 5 of my 7 players are casters so manually created the 10 entries for the 2 skills each which wasn't a problem, just thought I might be doing it the hard way. Looking at the Combat tab of a character I also wondered if there was a way to organize the items in the Attacks and Defenses box alphabetically so I tried dragging and dropping one of the entries in to a different slot and saw a console message for: Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_weaponlist.lua"]:53: attempt to index local 'newentry' (a nil value). (35926)

Dakadin
May 22nd, 2020, 18:58
Hi Xen,

I would handle it by creating the skill on the skill tab. Then use the Spell Attacks button on the Combat tab to drag the Base Spell Attack to the Combat tab. After that open the Base Spell Attack and scroll down to the Associated Skill. Select the skill that you created. It should change the skill bonus to match the skill's total bonus. The Base Spell Attack will get added automatically to the CT if the PC is already on it and the OB will automatically update as the skill total is updated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2020, 01:56
I haven't seen any show stopping bugs in the ruleset and a few people used it in games with minor issues that I had already fixed in my development version. Version 2.1.1 of the RMC ruleset is on the test channel now that fixes most of the minor issues. I contacted Smiteworks about having it moved to the Live channel. It is scheduled to go live on Tuesday, May 26. Please let me know if you find any other issues.

Thanks,
Dakadin

RMC v2.1.1
[Added] Reference Manual for Spell Law
[Removed] The locked field on skills on the character sheet
[Updated] Table 04-01 Race Abilities to a bigger size, added scrollbars and can be resized
[Updated] Skill window so that is can be resized
[Fixed] Party sheet hidden rolls are shown if the Option for Show GM Rolls is turned on.
[Fixed] Table Updates - MA Striking (76-80) the Front Kick crit doesn't add an Unconscious state
[Fixed] Combat tab Martial Arts and Spell attacks don't show up when first opening
[Fixed] Not all of the item fields were being copied
[Fixed] Not Carried on the Inventory tab didn’t change the Dead Weight to zero
[Fixed] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numbercontrol) (rankbonus) - When modifying the rank skill field
[Added] Add RM2 and RMFRP desktop decals
[Fixed] Helmets not included as armor for encumbrance purposes when equipped on the inventory tab
[Updated] Change Total Weight (TW) on Inventory tab to Dead Weight (DW) to better reflect its purpose
[Updated] Equipped fields on the Combat tab update their names when the item is changed in the inventory or Combat tab
[Updated] Change CT updates for attacks and defenses to use nodes instead of the window instance

Prunttonner
May 23rd, 2020, 02:04
I'm testing v.2.1.1 right now. Good work, it's great

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2020, 02:08
Thanks.

Xen
May 23rd, 2020, 05:58
We ran our next Friday night game tonight for about 4 hours. This time the game wasn't so good as we experienced a lot of technical type issues throughout the night and I'm sure most of it was probably FGU just being wonky. Lots of really bad load times when opening tables and even character sheets to name a couple. I spent a lot of my night staring at a white screen with a the blue loading circle and with the Fantasy Grounds not responding message. One player lost their modules and was unable to load any of them until I reinstalled the client. Players also suddenly lost the ability to target anything (required server restart to fix) and a couple of them had duplicate weapon attacks appearing in the Combat tab. It was just a weird night all around. I think the gremlins eventually went to bed towards the end and things seem to run better but definitely we definitely had a bunch of downtime throughout the night with some difficulties.

This was the first game since the 2.1.0 patch and I discovered that nearly every one of the attacks from the Combat tab across all characters lost their Associated Skill for that attack and for whatever reason that slot was blank but it didn't take but a few minutes to go in and fix them. After leveling up some characters, those that put ranks in to their weapon skills the OB on the Combat tab wasn't updating. But as soon as I clicked on the icon for that attack in the combat tab the OB would immediately update, but not by simply adding ranks. I updated to v2.1.1 and tried it again with the same results. 35950 In this example you can see the OB is 47 but on the Combat tab it's 42, clicked the skill and it then updated to 47.

I now have the game patched up to v2.1.1 so I'll play around with it more this weekend. But in regards to Dead Weight and Carried versus Equipped, should ALL items have a Zero weight if they are equipped? Half Plate with a weight of 70 has a DW of Zero but a Full Shield with a weight of 30 still has a DW of 30 when equipped and it does the same thing for weapons, pants, shirts and some others that I checked.

It was a 7 player game tonight (including myself) and it might be that I'm just really taxing my system right now but I guess if I'm going to test it I might as well push it to it's limits. :)

Thanks,
Xen

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2020, 06:58
Yeah, some times it can still be slow loading some of the tables. It only seems to be slow the first time so try loading the tables in the Table Resolver that you will use in your game and it should go smoother.

I noticed the Associated Skill issue earlier today. Thanks for confirming it. I will see about getting it fixed along with the OB on the Combat tab not updating until it is opened.

Only Armor, Helmet and Clothing item types will get set to zero when equipped. It is based on this in Character Law 2.7:

ENCUMBRANCE
Once you have completed the provisioning and outfitting of your character, you should total the weights of all of their equipment and supplies (other than clothes and armor), rounding down to the nearest pound.

I think it is because Rolemaster already has the armor maneuver penalties for armor and clothing.

I noticed one other issue that I have fixed in my development build. When you add PCs to the CT the name will be blank. As a work around, just expand the attacks or defenses panel for that PC in the CT and it will fix the issue.

Xen
May 23rd, 2020, 15:15
Only Armor, Helmet and Clothing item types will get set to zero when equipped. It is based on this in Character Law 2.7:

ENCUMBRANCE
Once you have completed the provisioning and outfitting of your character, you should total the weights of all of their equipment and supplies (other than clothes and armor), rounding down to the nearest pound.

I think it is because Rolemaster already has the armor maneuver penalties for armor and clothing.

I noticed one other issue that I have fixed in my development build. When you add PCs to the CT the name will be blank. As a work around, just expand the attacks or defenses panel for that PC in the CT and it will fix the issue.

Oh ok, yeah thanks for clarifying the equipment weights, I probably looked over that section time over time and still never picked up on it. Now that you mention I remembered we did see that issue with the PC name but I never got the name to come back. I 'think' I expanded the attacks and defenses but I can't honestly say for sure, it got to be late and I was really tired. lol

Xen
May 23rd, 2020, 21:21
Hi Xen,

I would handle it by creating the skill on the skill tab. Then use the Spell Attacks button on the Combat tab to drag the Base Spell Attack to the Combat tab. After that open the Base Spell Attack and scroll down to the Associated Skill. Select the skill that you created. It should change the skill bonus to match the skill's total bonus. The Base Spell Attack will get added automatically to the CT if the PC is already on it and the OB will automatically update as the skill total is updated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

This worked perfect by the way. In an earlier post I had mentioned about being able to sort items in the Combat tab alphabetically, silly me though just discovered that in the Skills tab if I simply clicked on the 'Skills' column header it would sort all the skills. So I checked on the Combat tab and the mouse over does say that clicking on it will sort it by name however for me it doesn't actually do anything. 35969

I have one player who's playing a Warrior Monk that doesn't have any armor, weapons or multipliers/adders. I saw that when opening his character sheet and clicking on the Combat tab I got a new script execution error. This character doesn't have anything in his inventory that could even be dropped in to those slots either. The script error would only happen the very first time I clicked on the Combat tab and never again during the same session. I restarted FGU twice more and I got the same script error each time I opened that characters Combat tab, but again only once during the same session. I have 2 other test characters that have no inventory for those slots but I never got the error on either of those when opening their Combat tab. 35970

Thanks,
Xen

Dakadin
May 23rd, 2020, 21:36
The sorting issue only seems to happen in FGU. I will look into it.

Good timing on the other error. I am actually looking into it right now. :D

Wolf_Shield
May 26th, 2020, 13:22
Tested last night. A couple of issues:

One has gone away as I just tested it again. It was not populating the attacks if I equipped the skill but it seems to do so now.

One problem still apparent is when I drag a token from the char sheet to the combat tracker, the char name does not appear. The entry does but the name field is blank. If I then click on the attacks or defences (sword or shield) icon the name will then appear.

Cheers!

Dakadin
May 26th, 2020, 19:54
Thanks Wolf_Shield. I have both of those fixed in my dev version.

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 20:13
Hi Dakadin. We're live with the new version today. No issues so far. Is this the right place for Feature Requests?

It would help to have a section in any item window for RR modifiers - like you have for OB, DB etc.

Stuart
May 29th, 2020, 21:08
Similarly - loving the new ruleset, no problems at all and so much easier as a GM when writing modules. THANK-YOU Dakadin!
I'm sure the gang will come up with rxtra features (sorry) but this is awesome as it stands!

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 21:29
Thanks!

There are a couple minor issues in v2.1.1. I've already turned over v2.1.2 that resolves them and it is on the test channel now and should be released on Tuesday. I will post the changes tonight when I get home from work.

I already have quite a list of new features but I am always looking to hear other ideas to add to the list. So don't feel bad about mentioning them. Just realize that I won't be able to implement everything. :) Feel free to start a new thread for them if you don't want them to get lost in this thread.

For the RR modifiers, I think I know what you are requesting but can you give me an example so I can make sure I am on the same page as you?

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 21:58
For the RR modifiers, I think I know what you are requesting but can you give me an example so I can make sure I am on the same page as you?

Sure - OMG the implementation is fantastic - so much easier to play!

So, the idea is to allow coding an item that offers a bonus to one or more resistance rolls: Eg a Headband of Mentalism Protection could offer +20 RR modifier to Mentalism saves.

In the game Stuart runs I have a sword that provides a bonus to every RR.

Tiqon
May 29th, 2020, 22:30
So I have been away from RM for a long time, and I see this new version of RMC on FG mentioned on Rolemasters FB. Nice :). Now I feel the need, the need for spe.... no wait... for Rolemaster! Thanks Dakadin!

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 22:34
Dakadin - we just wrapped up Stuart's weekly game and decided to produce some videos of RMC in action in FG showcasing 1) RMC and 2) your FG ruleset. Do you have any suggestions on priority topics? Would you like to review plans before we start working on them?

The aim will be to produce something that helps those unfamiliar with RM conclude, "wow, that's great and much easier to play than I thought", and those who are familiar with a set of reference videos to tackle specific things in game.

Xen
May 29th, 2020, 22:44
My friends and I have been playing for about a month now and based on my experience with trying to get my friends started I would say just start with the basics for your videos. I have 7 players and which because of their schedules I ended up doing multiple sessions just generating characters and having a video to show them up front would have been handy. Another thought would be for a sample combat scenario showing how to move their characters, targeting, making attacks, etc. A brief overview of the tabs on characters sheets, adding skills, inventory items, etc. :)

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 22:47
Sure - OMG the implementation is fantastic - so much easier to play!

So, the idea is to allow coding an item that offers a bonus to one or more resistance rolls: Eg a Headband of Mentalism Protection could offer +20 RR modifier to Mentalism saves.

In the game Stuart runs I have a sword that provides a bonus to every RR.

Yeah, I will have to think of the best way to implement something like that. I already plan on going through C&T to see what item changes I need to make to handle some of them. I won't be able to do everything but it should be possible to do some of it so they can all be added as items in C&T even if they just give a description for some of the item features.

Right now you can add that bonus manually in the RR window by clicking the magnifying glass. Then fill in the bonus in the item fields. It will then be included when you roll your RRs. It just isn't linked to the item.

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 22:47
So I have been away from RM for a long time, and I see this new version of RMC on FG mentioned on Rolemasters FB. Nice :). Now I feel the need, the need for spe.... no wait... for Rolemaster! Thanks Dakadin!

Welcome back stranger! :D

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 22:49
@Xen - good feedback - thanks. Some of the functionality is covered by videos out there that focus on using the CORE RPG ruleset 'engine', but I can see it would be helpful to have a growing library for RMC. Thanks again!

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 22:53
Right now you can add that bonus manually in the RR window by clicking the magnifying glass. Then fill in the bonus in the item fields. It will then be included when you roll your RRs. It just isn't linked to the item.

Your items window has plenty of detail that GMs can fill in already - another section there would work well. Not sure how tricky to implement, though! We implemented the RR mod in our game as you suggested and it works perfectly - I guess I'm also pretty familiar with the 5E implementation in FG and programming items there (although 5E is an order or magnitude less complex than RMC!)

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 23:01
Dakadin - we just wrapped up Stuart's weekly game and decided to produce some videos of RMC in action in FG showcasing 1) RMC and 2) your FG ruleset. Do you have any suggestions on priority topics? Would you like to review plans before we start working on them?

The aim will be to produce something that helps those unfamiliar with RM conclude, "wow, that's great and much easier to play than I thought", and those who are familiar with a set of reference videos to tackle specific things in game.

I know someone is working on a character creation video so that should be covered soon. I would say start with the basics needed to run a game. Then move up to the one off type of situations. For example, I added 3 new fields to the Combat Tracker so you can modify the Mult, UM and Max. I doubt many people know what these do so that might be good.

The Mult (Hits Multiplier) field will multiply the hits of damage when you drag a result from the attack or critical tables in the Table Resolver. This allows those attacks that have 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. The nice thing is it is included in the items/attacks and on the CT now so it can be setup to happen automatically.

The UM (Unmodified) field is for those situations where someone rolls an unmodified roll that matches the table and the GM needs to modify it. It could be used in situations where an item has a modified fumble result since it is still tied to the attack tables right now. I am hoping to change it so it is tied to the items/attacks in the future.

The Max (Max Results) field is for the Claw Law attacks for the S, M, L or H or the martial arts ranks. This allows you to adjust it if a mistake was made but it is also in the Items now next to the attack table. The Table Resolver will automatically stop at that Max Result if the value is greater than the max. It save the GM having to manually adjust it.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how things work since there are a few things that I know might not be obvious. The items actually have a few of those also which you mentioned (OB and DB) and a couple you didn't (Spell Adder and PP Multiplier). There are even some that I still need to implement like the ESF information.

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 23:06
Yeah the items in RMC were one of the toughest things to get working. It's working pretty good right now but I do have a couple ideas on how to make it a bit better.

Also if anyone does make videos or anything like that please let me know and I will create a sticky post with links to them.

kerrigaj
May 29th, 2020, 23:45
The Mult (Hits Multiplier) field will multiply the hits of damage when you drag a result from the attack or critical tables in the Table Resolver. This allows those attacks that have 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. The nice thing is it is included in the items/attacks and on the CT now so it can be setup to happen automatically.

The UM (Unmodified) field is for those situations where someone rolls an unmodified roll that matches the table and the GM needs to modify it. It could be used in situations where an item has a modified fumble result since it is still tied to the attack tables right now. I am hoping to change it so it is tied to the items/attacks in the future.

Thanks for teaching me some of the new features.

Is there any documentation for v2 that you could direct us to to ensure we don't overlook anything? NP if not, we may just run video content by you before we produce each one if we are in doubt.

Dakadin
May 29th, 2020, 23:58
That sounds good to me. There isn't currently any documentation but someone is helping me out with that also which is awesome. Hopefully we will have the character sheet done soon since it is getting pretty close.

Dakadin
May 30th, 2020, 03:37
Here's a link to the information for RMC v2.1.2: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58552-RMC-v2-1-2

Vandigra
May 30th, 2020, 16:35
Everytime i import an v1.8 character to v2.1.2 i get the following error/message.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:540: attempt to index a nil value
Database Notice: Imported file 'G:\Users\Vandigra\Downloads\Rollenspiele\Moevenfe ls\alrik 5.xml' to database node 'charsheet'

Dakadin
May 30th, 2020, 18:46
Hi Vandigra,

It is getting an error converting a transportation item to the new item version. I've put a fix in my development version already and sent you a private message to see about helping you get the character imported.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Bale Nomad
May 31st, 2020, 21:02
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I can't seem to find anything with the search feature in the reference manuals. Entering a word like "sword" in the Arms Law reference or "strength" in the Character Law reference yields no results.