PDA

View Full Version : Token Scaling Question

der_blutengel
January 21st, 2007, 16:23
Is there a way to scale tokens while in Fantasy Grounds?

It seems like all of the tokens that I have purchased online are all the same size. I figured out how to re-size using a photo editor, but it seems like there should be a way to do this in the game.

cheers,
--Dave

kalmarjan
January 21st, 2007, 16:27
This is a feature with FGII. Coming soon to a theater near you. :)

Sandeman

der_blutengel
January 21st, 2007, 16:35
I saw the "lock token scale" feature and assumed that I was just being a muppet and unable to figure out how to use the GUI.

2.0?

I thought that was only a myth used to scare children and convince DM's to hold off on buying the current release of the software for a good six months?

Fade
January 21st, 2007, 16:46
I think you can zoom in on the Map, until the token fits the mapscale and then you can lock the scale of the token to the map, so when you zoom back out, the token rescales accordingly.

kalmarjan
January 21st, 2007, 16:48
Yes, you are correct.

What I do is place my token on the map, use the zoom feature until the token is the correct size, right click and lock the token. Then I zoom back out. All other tokens placed will be at that scale.

I thought the post was about scaling the tokens seperately, in the token box. Sorry for the confusion.

Sandeman

MaineCoon
January 21st, 2007, 22:54
I thought that was only a myth used to scare children and convince DM's to hold off on buying the current release of the software for a good six months?

More like scare off people from releasing/working on useful content... the update will be free, so no reason to wait on buying.

der_blutengel
January 22nd, 2007, 04:53
The question comes from trying to create S, M and L tokens easily on the fly.

Why is the ogre token the same size as the humans?

devinnight
January 23rd, 2007, 00:07
can you be more specific, what token pack from what publisher?
Some people resize tokens or make different size versions in an outside app, like gimp or PS.
-Devin