PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Five Rings 5E (WiP, Beta, Many incomplete things)

damned
March 28th, 2020, 01:10
This is the current WiP of the Legend of the Five Rings for MoreCore.
You will need to download MoreCore and this Extension.
Create a new MoreCore campaign and select the MoreCore - Legend of the Five Rings extension.

Minor updates for compatibility.

2022-02-03 Updated for current FGU changes and loaded to the Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/487/view
Unless you are running FGC you should subscribe to the Forge build.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27443

New build uploaded 2021-05-05

daboking
April 11th, 2020, 16:44
i just finished converting my core rulebook PDF with drag and drop to the character sheet for abilities, techniques, advantages etc... as well as school and clan details, and I am SUPER stoked to see the dice roll actually shows the symbols for the dice with this extension! I realize I am unable to share my work on the rulebook with the community for obvious reasons, but was wondering if there are any issues if i schedule a table for fgcon running l5r and letting my ultimate liscense extend the rulebook to the players while connected? Also, and this is probably a dumb question, so forgive me... but I can still the numberic results on the dice, even if faded, over the narrative symbols. Are there any ways I can disable the numberic values for interlaying over the narrative symbold of the dice when the results are presented in the chat window? Thanks SOOOO MUCH for all you have done to make this available as a foundation for this system!

damned
April 11th, 2020, 17:01
No issues with sharing the rules in game
So long as the game runs relatively ok then you can totally run at FGCon
Dice faces... this is as far as I have gotten so far...

Blue Haven
April 14th, 2020, 21:10
Wow i only saw this today! :O Thank you so much for this :)
Amazing :))))
Thanks

damned
June 1st, 2020, 01:35
New bug fix uploaded for Legend of the Five Rings.

daboking
June 1st, 2020, 04:25
what was fixed? I have been running with 3 groups a week so far and not had any issues yet... just curious, and do I DL from same link previous in thread and replacing in my mods folder?

damned
June 1st, 2020, 04:28
Small fix on the Notes Tab only.
It is not a required update but yes - Download the newest MoreCore.pak and then download the MCL5R.ext from post#1 in this thread to.
Replace your existing files.

daboking
June 1st, 2020, 04:40
ahh, super. thx, Damned. You're the best... i don't care what anyone else says about ya hahahaha

Wolfspyder
July 2nd, 2020, 01:26
First off, thanks for this extension, Damned. I've wanted to check out L5R for a long time now(even before 5e came out), and seeing the dice in the extension made me take the plunge purchase the game! I wish FFG would license their stuff...

For anyone- I am going to try and get my pdf of the rules into FG by doing copy and paste, but I can't get the dice symbols to copy over. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, could you point me in the direction of how to do it?

damned
July 2nd, 2020, 01:35
Hi Wolfspyder

The only way to do that is to embed them into the font and assign them to an unused character space. You might need to substitute them with words...

daboking
July 2nd, 2020, 05:15
If any folks are interested in testing out, let me know... I am running 4 campaigns a week of this now in FG hahaha LOVE THIS SYSTEM! Next FG Con, I plan to sign up to run it as well. I am not promising a lengthy campaign, but I would be happy to run character creation and an intro game if there is interest. Anyway, I LOVE how functional this is, the only issue my players have run into, when we are rolling dice from within the character sheet, sometimes there is always 1 player that accidentally clicked the +/- next to a skill and causes their dice roll to error due to the added modifier. They swear there is nothing in the modifier box and I am unsure how to educate them to clear this out when it happens. I literally have closed the session and had everyone rejoin to hard fix the issue, but I am sure there is an easier way.

Mindfulnessandmindflayers
July 20th, 2020, 22:53
Is this group still looking for players? I've recently come across this system and am very excited to try it out!

daboking
July 20th, 2020, 22:56
I'll shoot you a private message later and we can discuss

Saeval
October 23rd, 2020, 23:40
So I've been looking for a good replacement game since I can't find Qin anywhere to play and I came across this, I downloaded the extension and everything looks great but when I try it in Unity all the symbols are giving me errors. Is there an easy way to make it compatible with unity since that is more stable for our group or do we have to bite the bullet and go back to classic?

damned
October 24th, 2020, 01:16
MoreCore has a Qin roller.
I havent tried this extension in FGU yet - sorry.

Saeval
October 24th, 2020, 09:45
I'm super interested in trying this game so I decided to try creating a game on FG Classic but when I open a character sheet I get this error as well as anytime I try to type in a name or anything.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rings.lua"]:20: attempt to index a nil value
Runtime Notice: s'nVigilance: ' | #4
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rings.lua"]:20: attempt to index a nil value
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (basicnumberred) in windowclass (cli_rolls)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (basicnumberred) in windowclass (cli_rolls)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (number_statbox) in windowclass (cli_rolls)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (number_statbox) in windowclass (cli_rolls)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(button_void) anchoring to an undefined control (void) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(button_void) anchoring to an undefined control (void) in windowclass (charsheet_more)

So which person do I have to bribe to get this to work for me (preferably on Unity but I'll take what I can get lol)
It seems the Unity error message is just about the dice faces not being numbers or something but on Classic it's even worse. But at least the dice still work on Classic just nothing with the character sheet for me. This is with a fresh campaign of MoreCore and no other extensions except this one and no modules downloaded.

damned
October 24th, 2020, 23:49
Post your chat showing CoreRPG, MoreCore and Extension versions please?

Saeval
October 25th, 2020, 07:00
I realized it as soon as you said something, I haven't updated MoreCore for Classic in a while since my group moved on to Unity. Once I updated that it works fine on Classic now. I'm going to start formatting my layout and do some data entry to add the clans, schools, abilities, spells, and Items. Hopefully someone figures out how to fix the dice function for Unity eventually because that is way more stable for two of my players.

Saeval
October 28th, 2020, 15:30
I spent a lot of time reading through the Genesys forum last night and I was wondering if this extension would be better suited working off that Ruleset since it is so similar? It might be easier to get the dice faces to work in Unity and the way it builds the dice pool for skills & attributes seems more idiot proof for the players who might accidently hit the +/- button more than once before rolling their elemental ring. The more I read of Genesys I am thinking it might become a group standard for my group over Savage Worlds for a generic rpg that can be easily reskinned for different settings and L5R is amazing and we all love it so much. I'm going to try and tweak it a bit to run a slightly more mature Avatar the Last Airbender game.

Voxpopuli
October 30th, 2020, 20:23
Thanks for the ruleset its awesome!
FYI, I just loaded the Morecore and MCL5R extension in Unity and from the get go problems with the dice.

Saeval
October 30th, 2020, 20:47
Yeah it’s a known problem on Unity. It works on classic though.

Voxpopuli
October 31st, 2020, 16:40
Thanks for response! I just hope that in time this and other rule-sets will be compatible with Unity. :)

daboking
February 25th, 2021, 07:56
anyone else having trouble post update? i just updated my fg, and it crashed my access completely to my session. i also updated my morecore and at least recovered my heroes tab but i no longer have images, story, groups etc... anyone else have this issue or any ideas?? i have a session tomorrow and hope i dont have to cancel my game. I have included a ss.44258

damned
February 25th, 2021, 20:53
Ill try and look at this over the weekend but it wont be in time for your game.

daboking
February 25th, 2021, 22:12
Ill try and look at this over the weekend but it wont be in time for your game.

I really appreciate it, I'm going to head with my game tonight I've got to work around where thank goodness I have my library created where I can still access my essentials from that to get by and the character sheets are still accessible so we're going to soldier through tonight and I appreciate anything you find later on and thank you very very much

damned
February 26th, 2021, 12:14
daboking can I have a copy of the extension that you are using?

Saeval
April 20th, 2021, 21:16
Any word on if this will be updated to work on Unity?

Pyrotraxus
April 25th, 2021, 21:46
I am having a problem and really need help. Why no matter what extension I am using, the sidebar do not change? I just downloaded the MoreCore ruleset and I was reading the codes, but I couldn`t understand where is the problem. Here goes a image of Legend of the Five Rings 5E46067.

Pyrotraxus
April 25th, 2021, 21:47
I am having a problem and really need help. Why no matter what extension I am using, the sidebar do not change? I just downloaded the MoreCore ruleset and I was reading the codes, but I couldn`t understand where is the problem. Here goes a image of Legend of the Five Rings 5E 46067.

Saeval
April 25th, 2021, 21:49
The base code has some updates that the ruleset hasn’t been updated to accommodate. It’s weird on FG Classic and broken on FG Unity.

Pyrotraxus
April 25th, 2021, 22:01
Do you know when there will be any good news about this problem? I would like to begin to study these codes as soon as possible.

Saeval
April 25th, 2021, 22:04
I wish I knew, I don’t know enough about coding to fix it myself and the ruleset itself is kind of old with not as much interest so it’s not a priority to fix right now.

damned
April 27th, 2021, 00:23
The sidebar menu is an easy fix.
The primary issue right now is that the dice are not shown when they land.
In FGC it shows your original dice roll with all the Success, Strife etc symbols.

Pyrotraxus
April 27th, 2021, 00:32
Hello Damned,

I understand that the sidebar menu is a easy fix, but could you point the direction? I`m a new comer to FG and want to learn more to help.

damned
May 5th, 2021, 12:55
New build uploaded 2021-05-05

Saeval
May 6th, 2021, 07:00
This is awesome, looks like you got it to work on Unity for the most part so o can finish creating my data module. I know you’re busy with other projects but I’ll still post a few things I find here for whenever you feel like going back and tinkering with this one. Many thanks!

daddystabz
May 26th, 2021, 02:32
This looks amazing!

Voxpopuli
May 30th, 2021, 02:20
Thanks for the update!

mRBasilisk88
January 25th, 2022, 11:59
Hi
I'm startin a L5R campaign soon and wanted to use this extension.
Sadly it doesn't work properly for me :(
I installed MoreCore through the Forge and added this extension into the "extension" folder in my FGU directory.
Am i doing something wrong or was there an FGU or MoreCore update that disabled this extension?
Thanks for your replies.

damned
January 25th, 2022, 12:00
I havent used L5R in a long time.
Its very possible that an FGU update has broken it again.

Please tell/show me what errors you are getting.

Egheal
January 25th, 2022, 17:45
It is opening with some errors on my side, here is my console.log :https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq94oZ32i0FzhfZ70fZHJ528_yJ-Lw?e=FEmM3B

damned
February 3rd, 2022, 11:36
2022-02-03 Updated for current FGU changes and loaded to the Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/487/view
Unless you are running FGC you should subscribe to the Forge build.

damned
February 3rd, 2022, 11:40
If anyone has some characters they could export and load up to help others get started that would be great.
If you find other errors let me know...

mRBasilisk88
February 10th, 2022, 09:21
Thank you for the update!
I'm going to host a campaign for L5R, so i'm shure my players will click everywhere and everything and encounter all errors there are, if they do i'll let you know.
One thing I noticed:
There is a button to roll explosive successes. When i click it with explosive successes available, all is fine.
But when i click it without explovive successes present the following things happen:
1) i get an Error message: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:5:11: attempt to concatenate field 'sDesc' (a nil value)
2) somehow more skill die are added to all following throws
3) the button throws the error now, even if explosive successes are present

Thanks again for your work.

shinjox
May 18th, 2022, 08:51
Want to thank Damned for this!

I am getting a warning about fonts, knows that this is not an error, but wondering if there is a way to fix. Message is:

[WARNING] font:Could not find TTF font file. (MoreCore) (graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml) (graphics/fonts/Calandra.ttf)

I am also getting the following Error message:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

The sidebar is missing, and at the bottom of the screen, right next to where it would be, there is a button, clicking on it brings up:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string 'button_visibility"]:3: attempt to call field 'setSidebarVisibilityState (a nil value)

Using FGU, got it from Forge and Updated.

damned
May 18th, 2022, 13:18
Hi Shinjox.

Are you on a Mac? I dont think that font should matter. I have updated in MoreCore and will post (soonish).
Can you post the versions of MoreCore and the extension you are using?

Current builds (as at time of writing)

MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.64 202200403)

MoreCore - Legend of the Five Rings 5the Edition - Version 0.4

I suspect you have an unpacked copy of one or the other?

mRBasilisk88 apologies. I had forgotten your post. I have found a work around and will update soonish.

shinjox
June 8th, 2022, 21:52
Well, apparently while I had MoreCore, it seems that I forgot to get it through the Forge. Now that I have both through the Forge, it is all good.

vankar
February 6th, 2023, 09:40
hello, te dice don't show any icons :(

damned
February 6th, 2023, 10:36
Hello vankar please can you share a screenshot.
We dont have access to skin the dice.
If you roll from the character sheet the Chat Window will show the dice icons.

vankar
February 7th, 2023, 18:23
i roll al the rolls from the character sheet

vankar
February 7th, 2023, 22:32
i roll al the rolls from the character sheet

damned
February 7th, 2023, 23:02
Are you using from the Forge? delete any local MoreCore folders/paks and and this extension if it is locally installed and install from the forge only.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56105

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56106

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56107

vankar
March 6th, 2023, 10:36
Are you using from the Forge? delete any local MoreCore folders/paks and and this extension if it is locally installed and install from the forge only.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56105

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56106

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56107

Thanks, It works