PDA

View Full Version : Steam gift of Module "Insufficient privilege"

Makuzi
March 27th, 2020, 20:51
As the title says. A member of my PnP group gifted me 2 modules to add to my ultimate game so we can play remotely and I am getting the error "Insufficient privilege" when I try to redeem the gift.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2020, 20:56
Can you take us through the steps you're doing to try to redeem the gift?

Zacchaeus
March 27th, 2020, 21:29
This was answered elsewhere I believe. It is a recent purchase from the store and so the key hasn't yet been transmitted to Steam and so the license can't be activated yet on Steam. If I understood the original post.

Makuzi
March 27th, 2020, 21:50
Can you take us through the steps you're doing to try to redeem the gift?

Yes my friend sent me a gift through steam. It is for Volo's and Xanathars guide. I click to accept the gift and then click add to library I am given the error Sorry, some kind of error has occurred: INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGE. I then click OK. and nothing happens.

This was answered elsewhere I believe. It is a recent purchase from the store and so the key hasn't yet been transmitted to Steam and so the license can't be activated yet on Steam. If I understood the original post.

Would you happen to know where the fix is? And do we have an ETA on how long it takes? Trying to make characters tonight with the group.

LordEntrails
March 27th, 2020, 23:25
Keys are transmitted from teh FG Store to Steam every 6-8 weeks. I have no idea where in the cycle we are.

Note that if they were purchased on the FG Store, they can be gifted there and do not need to be sent to Steam (and since FG Store Gifting needs to be within 7 days you'll want to do it there).
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq#faq_giftinginfo