PDA

View Full Version : Token Visibility when using Masks and Token hostile/friendly/faction issue

Paperclipkiller
March 27th, 2020, 20:19
When not using Line of Sight and using traditional masks, tokens are not displaying properly based on the mask. Friendly (green) tokens can never see Hostile (Red) tokens, even if their visibility is set to mask sensitive visibility and they should be able to see each other. If I have a Hostile PC token, the friendly ones can still see them even when moved into a mask.

It is inconsistent if a PC marked as Hostile will still show on the map to Friendly PCs or not. I have one PC, Sarah, who will show up to other PCs even when marked as hostile and regardless of if her visibility is marked as always invisible or not. And then the other one I have, Ravina, she isn't seen at all like other NPCs labeled as hostile and set to Mask-sensitive visbility.

Additionally, when changing an NPC from Hostile, to Friendly, the token will not have the green outline on the map. Then when you change it to anything besides Friendly, it will have the green outline even if hostile. When changing to Friendly it sets them to always be visible regardless of Mask. Then when changing from Friendly to Hostile, they are still set to always be visible and I have to manually change it to be Mask-sensitive.

Attached images: One is what the DM sees, with all NPCs and PCs set as Mask-Sensitive Visibility. Sarah, Ravina and Tanner are all PCs. Acolyte and Adult Black Dragon are NPCs.

The other image is what the player Tanner sees. He can only see the Hostile PC Sarah. He cannot see the hostile PC Ravina, the hostile NPC Adult Black Dragon, or the friendly NPC Acolyte. Again, all tokens here are set to visibility based on Mask-sensitive.

pindercarl
March 27th, 2020, 20:29
Thanks for reporting. Added issue FGU-1004 for tracking.

Molnoch
May 14th, 2020, 01:10
I am also experiencing this.Was a resolution found?

pindercarl
May 14th, 2020, 02:03
I am also experiencing this.Was a resolution found?

I am currently finishing a refactor/optimization of the LOS code. I will be reviewing all open LOS and masking bugs at that time. Thanks for your patience.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 14th, 2020, 14:43
@pindercarls there is some possibility of "individualizing" tokens when they are in allied mode, as I had some problems with players moving tokens from other players when the allied faction is active, something like I can only move my token and the token of some NPC shared with me.