PDA

View Full Version : All my campaign data just got deleted

itwillwelcomeyou
March 27th, 2020, 00:09
Pretty new to FG. Spent about 8 hours today making my NPCs. Realised I forgot a couple and booted it up to make them just now and all my campaign data is gone.

Went through the advice on this thread about three times as it seems to be the same issue and it doesn't seem to have helped.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-26268.html

Any other fixes known?

LordEntrails
March 27th, 2020, 00:17
Are you using FGC or FGU? Where is your FG Data folder located? Can you please give us a screenshot of your FG Data/campaigns folder and the contents of the actual named campaign folder as well? Is your FG Data folder on a network share or synced for cloud backup?

itwillwelcomeyou
March 27th, 2020, 00:39
1. FGC.

2. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds (not sure if this what you meant?)

3. 32613 - Campaigns folder

4. 32614 - Specific campaign folder contents

5. Not shared or synced at all

Zacchaeus
March 27th, 2020, 00:55
Make a copy if that campaign folder before you do the following. Rename the file db.xml to dbold.xml then rename the latest backup.xml file to db.xml and start your campaign. If that doesn’t work do the same for the other backups and session files. Looking at the sizes of those files one if tgem should have your data.

itwillwelcomeyou
March 27th, 2020, 01:27
I've been through all of them and best I seem able to get is my PCs and 1/5 of my NPCs back. It'll have to do I guess! Thanks folks.