PDA

View Full Version : Will We have an issue??? 2 Players on a LAN.

Themadadmin
January 16th, 2007, 19:07
All,

Thanks up front for your time.

We have a game starting. 2 players are in one house, will they have a problem connecting to the DM because they are using the same internet connection?

Other players are in different locations, as well as DM.

Thanks

LordTomar
January 16th, 2007, 19:21
From what I have heard (a lot) you should have no problems. A lot of groups have multiple people on the same router.

richvalle
January 16th, 2007, 19:34
I think you just need to make sure each group has the right address. i.e. the inside people point to your inside ip and the outside one to the outside ip.

rv

Nokameeno
January 16th, 2007, 19:57
I have a group where there are two sets of couples each connecting through the same router with no issues.

Elf
January 16th, 2007, 20:42
I play in a group where the DM and one of the players are in the same room and four other players connect via the Internet. We have no problems.

Sir Bayard
January 16th, 2007, 23:53
My wife and I are both connected through a router together, and two of our friend's both live together and are on the same router, and all 4 of us connect together with no problem at all. We all just use the alias system to make thigns even easier for the whole connecting thing, without worrying about inside and outside IP's (though we use Ventrilo running off my computer locally so I still need to worry about it. heh heh)

Dalagad
January 17th, 2007, 04:40
I've been playing online and one group member is on a lan with me. The only problem we've encountered is the need to use headphones rather than speakers for Ventrilo or Teamspeak due to obvious mic feedback issues due to being in the same room.

Themadadmin
January 25th, 2007, 05:05
Thank you all for your input. Now if we could get 6 peoples schedules to synch we will be doing good.