View Full Version : LFP who are new to VTT

shezingzh
March 26th, 2020, 00:57
Need 3 people for Dungeon of the Mad Mage 5E

FG Unity

CST (UTC/GMT -4)

This will be weekends 1x per week either on sat or sun depending on group

No VOiP

I have 1 rogue in party already. I have most of the essential books except volos guide to monsters and swordcoast. But most of the books you need to create your level 4 PC is available. I will e-mail your character.xml file upon request.

LyonArd
March 26th, 2020, 01:20
4 PM - 5 AM -CST
Friday - Saturday
Or
4 PM - 5 AM -CST
Saturday - Sunday

Hello! I am interested in this game, but my current time zone right now is AEST so I would really only be available in the weekend.

My discord is Seam#5035
If you use discord that is, haha.

KrptDrgn
March 26th, 2020, 01:54
Interested as well. Looking at one of several characters to utilize. What would you need from me, and when would session 0 be? I hope to hear from you soon.

Curleydave
March 26th, 2020, 01:57
I would also be interested, weekends afternoon/evenings are good for me. Happy to create and RP pretty much any character to help round out the party. Let me know what the next steps are. Thanks,

Dave

shezingzh
March 26th, 2020, 04:46
everyone will need to e-mail so I can add you to my contact list. This is so I can send the required images via e-mail as FG will not allow copyrighted material to be sent. Some of the images I need to send will be portions of the FR world maps.

Character Creation

If you are creating your character on your own system my rules are simple.

each stat starts at 10 already so you will need to roll 4d6 drop the lowest die - all ones are to be rerolled. Example" if u roll a 4 3 6 1 (you will roll a single d6) so if u reroll and get a 5 you now have 4 5 6 = 15 you will place your score in whatever stat ability you wish. if you roll a stat thats lower than 10 discard that roll and your stat stays at 10.

next choose your race so you can get your stat racial bonuses adjusted and then add your Features which will add another ability adjustment modifier. (The adjustment ability Score Increase does not work automatically. You will need to either add 2 pts to a single stat or 1 pt to two different stats.

Next roll a d100 and send me the rolls or u can wait an roll in the program. This program limits races even though I found you could play a githyanki for whatever reason but I did not find the drow race nor was it listed in the MM or Im looking in the wrong place. I also noted that the Anti-paladin class is not set to the 5e version of anti-paladin. The description for it is the exact same as if it were a paladin. In some of the new books I purchased I did find the gnome race and aasimar race.

shezingzh
March 26th, 2020, 05:07
There are 2 versions of this program;

1. FG Unity (STEAM version): This version requires port forwarding to TCP: 1802 and there are a few things you will need to do to set it up properly.

2. FG Classic: does not require port forwarding or messing around with networking or your ISP (who may have blocked port forwarding). This is more like a peer to peer network.

I am currentrly using FG Classic thanks to Dave who helped me over a 2 week period and we could not get the FGU version to work. Everyone who wants to play in my game must use FG Classic. This is why I ask anyone wanting to join my game please test it out first.

DexHex
March 26th, 2020, 21:57
Hi,
I hope you are still looking. I have played PC based RPGs since the early 90s. I have the Ultimate license for FG (classic), and I've taken a few of the courses for FG so I feel very comfortable with the interface. I'm in the CST(GMT-6) timezone. I am flexible with the time as long as it's not during my workday. I would love to join your game if you'll have me.

The Drow is listed in the "Player's Handbook" under Elf/Subraces/Dark Elf(Drow)

Thnx

PS
I can reroll a char in session if you prefer.

shezingzh
March 26th, 2020, 22:44
Dexhex welcome aboard

I have one confirmed player so far, two tentative players who ahve not told me if they have the FG Classic version. I have tried in so many ways to explain that there are 2 versions FG Classic and FG Ultimate/Unity/other name (I also refer to this version as STEAM and that it requires port forward.

you do know that if you create your character on your system you will need to send me the (name).xml character file. You can go ahead and flesh out your character level 4. Once done e-mail me the *.xml file to [email protected] where I will need to add it to the character folder and then import it and then add a photo of your liking. Note: images from the internet cannot be shared in FG software. So therefor if I need to send you images which will be necessary in some cases you will need to send me an e-mail address.

If not then simply login and create your character within the game and it will automatically be added to the character folder. I can then e-mail you the *.xml file.

GM: Shez Game: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

If you want to test to see if you can connect you can. I leave the program up and running for this purpose. The game I am hosting is set to cloud and public so it should show up in the lobby.

shezingzh
March 27th, 2020, 03:13
I can now understand why players are getting confused because they do not realize there are 2 programs. In the FG store you have 1. Demo 2. Classic 3. Ultimate

The confusion comes in when a player purchases their version off of STEAM. This version requires you to port forward to TCP: 1802 and a few other networking workarounds. This version is 3.3.10

The FG Classic which you purchase direct from Fantasy Grounds is version 4.0.0 (your version here)(Date here) for example mine is v4.0.0 Standard (2020-3-26)

So that is why when people post they post their FG Classic Standard License or if Ultimate or Ultimate Unity

I have e-mailed several people images of the STEAM version and the Classic version and there is still confusion.

shezingzh
March 27th, 2020, 13:13
Ok, working with Lore C who found a youtube video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-hXDJruiY

This video clarifies why we are all confused. Dave at FG tech support did not send me the Classic version. Everyone who is trying to connect to me is using Classic/Ultimate/Updater version which is 3.3.10 I also have the Classic version from STEAM but it cannot connect due to error in port forward.

I am using FG Unity version which is the newer version v4.0.0 Standard (2020-3-26). There is one individual who can connect to me and has rolled up his character. He I believe must be using Unity as well as he has tested out his connection with me.

Lore C has been awesome researching this an clarifying why we cannot connect. So anyone trying to connect to me must use Unity version which according to the video is the newest version. FG tech support need to dump the classic and just give everyone the Unity version and that will resolve the issue by having only one program instead of 2 different version of the same program that supposedly do the same thing and stop the confusion.

DexHex
March 27th, 2020, 19:06
Sorry for the confusion. I have FG classic and I am not ready to move to FG Unity until It leaves beta. Maybe we can hookup later.

Thanks,
Dexter

flozzen
June 16th, 2020, 06:06
Hi Shezinghzh,

Is this still an open invitiation for Unity?

I would be interested in joining.

Regards,
Flozzen

Mski
June 17th, 2020, 00:18
Should I assume you are all filled up?

CameronD
June 17th, 2020, 04:06
Hi shezingzh.... I'm CameronD and I'm interested in playing in this game. I'm 50 and disabled and can play every week. I played a little on roll20 and hope this is similar. I'll play whatever is needed. Just want to play and have fun! My email is [email protected]. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. What is VOiP?

macduffie465
February 15th, 2021, 02:54
Just downloaded standard license of FGU and was hoping to find a Dungeon of the Mad Mage campaign. Still looking for players? I'm in PST and have weekends free. Can play whatever class you think you need, but prefer Rogue, Monk or Cleric. Ran a few levels of the Ruins of Undermountain back in the day and would love to cover more ground as a player.