PDA

View Full Version : New VtM5E Chronicle starting...

FeatheredDrachyn
March 25th, 2020, 20:19
This is going to be an episodic chronicle, composed of short, self contained stories (1-3 3-hour sessions per chapter/story) set in modern day New Orleans. There is an over-reaching story arc, but each chapter can also stand on its own. This should allow for more flexibility for players whose schedules do not allow weekly attendance for months at a time. If you cannot make it to a chapter, your character can be off screen attending to personal business, and still be able to reenter the story at a natural point.

Characters may be from the same coterie, or from several different groups, but all will be based in or around New Orleans. Players will create neonate vampires - I may allow a more experienced player to play an older Kindred, but they need to be a team player and have a solid backstory.

If you are interested, I will have 3 days of "Session 0s" this Sun Mar 29, Mon Mar 30, and Tues Mar 31. Drop in on my table - FG alias cruel user rich unicorn - any of those 3 days between 7PM EDT USA and 11 PM EDT USA to discuss the game in detail, create a character, and give me your vote for regular day/time. After the three days, I will make my final decision as to when the regular sessions will be scheduled.

I will provide a Discord link for voice chat when you drop into the table. Hope to see some of you there.

These three sessions are listed on the campaign calendar.

PoohPuss
March 26th, 2020, 01:50
nvm, wrong thread

BlkShroud
March 26th, 2020, 23:35
What date do you plan on beginning your chronicle? And what day and time will your chronicle run?

bchaddock
March 26th, 2020, 23:54
That was to be my questions as well.

FeatheredDrachyn
March 27th, 2020, 07:58
That depends on how this weekend goes. It will definitely be in the evening, on either Sun, Mon or Tues. At this point Sunday evening seems most popular, but I'm waiting until after the "Open House"

The precise time will have to be decided based on what time zones the players are in and how early they have to retire. Most of my games end up starting around 7 PM Eastern Time, but I used to start as early as 4:30 for an after school group, or as late as 9 or 10 PM for a primarily West Coast group.

If I have enough people seriously interested, I might end up running 2 different nights. It's happened before. But usually I'm not so lucky.

Just to be clear, this coming week are not game sessions. It's more like walk-in interviews, or test driving a new car. I'm interviewing players and they get a chance to evaluate me in return, before committing to anything.

I know it seems like a strange way to approach a game but it results in far fewer nights of waiting for people who never show up, or quit after the first session because their expectations weren't met.

Even if I dont see you this weekend, I will update after we have a precise day and time. And in the future, if your schedule lines up with ours, and you want to join for a "test" session or two, that would be great.

So I am sorry I couldnt exactly answer your question, yet. I hope you can join us - now, or in the future.

Silverstag
March 29th, 2020, 04:47
Hello!

I hope you are doing well. I was interested in the chronicle, but I had a question for you. I am versed in Fantasy Ground, for VtM I only took the character creation and intro class through FGC. I have not played VtM before but am very interested in it. Would it be okay for complete newbie to join the chronicle? I have RP experience with D&D, and I'm looking to branch out into other ttrpg games as well.

FeatheredDrachyn
March 29th, 2020, 15:31
You are more than welcome to join us. You won't be the only one new to the Storyteller System. Tonight at 7 PM, Eastern time, will be the first of the three drop in "sessions" where I will be discussing the campaign specifics, getting to know potential players, and working on some character creation. Come check it out. The alias is cruel user rich unicorn. For tonight we will be using Discord for voice chat. link for that is

https://discord.gg/nDvKhMk

There is a separate channel set up for Vampire.

Silverstag
March 29th, 2020, 16:57
Thank you so much! I will definitely be online tonight :) I am UTC -5, CDT, so that will be an easy time to make it.

Reaperchronos
March 29th, 2020, 17:53
That depends on how this weekend goes. It will definitely be in the evening, on either Sun, Mon or Tues. At this point Sunday evening seems most popular, but I'm waiting until after the "Open House"

The precise time will have to be decided based on what time zones the players are in and how early they have to retire. Most of my games end up starting around 7 PM Eastern Time, but I used to start as early as 4:30 for an after school group, or as late as 9 or 10 PM for a primarily West Coast group.

If I have enough people seriously interested, I might end up running 2 different nights. It's happened before. But usually I'm not so lucky.

Just to be clear, this coming week are not game sessions. It's more like walk-in interviews, or test driving a new car. I'm interviewing players and they get a chance to evaluate me in return, before committing to anything.

I know it seems like a strange way to approach a game but it results in far fewer nights of waiting for people who never show up, or quit after the first session because their expectations weren't met.

Even if I dont see you this weekend, I will update after we have a precise day and time. And in the future, if your schedule lines up with ours, and you want to join for a "test" session or two, that would be great.

So I am sorry I couldnt exactly answer your question, yet. I hope you can join us - now, or in the future.

I was just wondering is this session pay to play?

FeatheredDrachyn
March 29th, 2020, 17:59
I was just wondering is this session pay to play?

I do however accept compliments, and donations of Oreos, Sour Patch Kids, and Mt. Dew.

I dont run any Pay to Play games. I do write and sell custom One Shot Adventures every so often. Mostly for friends and family to give as gifts.

FeatheredDrachyn
March 30th, 2020, 08:28
10 people attended tonights planning session! So Sunday is the day and for now I'm splitting the group in half and running an early game at 1 PM EDT, and a second at 7 PM.

That's going to be all I can commit to run right now. So Tues and Wed planning sessions are cancelled.

These nee games will be posted in the Game Calander. If we have any spots open up, I'll post it in a brand new thread.

Good night, and good hunting.

daddystabz
April 6th, 2020, 08:18
Do you have room for one more? Is this a Camarilla Chronicle?