PDA

View Full Version : Log-in message

Milke
March 25th, 2020, 19:40
Ever since I first started Unity on beta launch, when I start it up every time, it says license key not correct. I hit close, and continue on to the program. Which works just fine from that point. I just don't know why it keeps saying it every time. Or how to make it stop.

Mortar
March 25th, 2020, 20:15
Double check that you entered a Unity license key into the settings. It is not the same key as your Classic license.

It can be found by going to Store --> Order history (if you bought via the store)

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 20:21
Which works just fine from that point.
The screenshot shows that the versions is the "FREE" version - so that's not really working correctly.

As @Mortar says, make sure you're using your FGU key. Also make sure you enter in capitals with the dashes.

notrealdan
March 25th, 2020, 23:03
Also, if you copy/paste it, make sure there nothing like spaces or other characters accidentally get included. A good way to be sure nothing extra sneaks in is to copy/past it into Notepad, double-check it there, and then copy/paste it from there. Notepad doesn't support any fancy formatting so I do that all the time to sort of "sanitize" the data.

Milke
March 26th, 2020, 07:24
I went and dug thru my email and made sure I was using the license key that I got from the kickstarter. I copied it and pasted it into Notepad, then into FGU settings. I made sure to copy only the key and no spaces. Clicked Save. Still doing the same thing.

Looks like I will have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Uninstalled. Reinstalled. I launched it, and before I even was able to enter a key or anything, it told me my key was wrong. I clicked Settings, and the program disappeared. Now every time I click settings, the program disappears. Going to bed. Maybe I can get it working tomorrow.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2020, 07:27
If you confirmed your KS account with us and claimed your rewards, then your FGU license should be listed in the Order History of the FG store:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php

If you see a FGU license there, make sure that is the one you are entering into the settings of the FGU updater. (And make sure it is not a FGC license you are looking at.)
If you do not see a FGU license there, then the claim process was not completed according to our systems. Please reach out to [email protected] to get you squared away.

Regards,
JPG

Milke
March 26th, 2020, 07:43
Yea. I clicked the link you gave. The key in the store is completely different than the key they gave me from Kickstarter. But now that I've reinstalled, it goes away every time I click settings. So, totally different problem now.

Okay. The program wouldn't actually uninstall. I clicked Uninstall a dozen times. So I had to reinstall it and put a 1 at the end of the folder name in Browse. So I've got a broken FGU that won't uninstall, and a new FGU with a 1 on the end of it. I think maybe that worked.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2020, 07:48
Just to make sure, are you hitting Save after entering your key and before closing Settings in the updater?
Are you using the key that starts with "XXR"?

Also, what do you mean that the key goes away every time you click Settings?
What OS are you running?

Thanks,
JPG

Milke
March 26th, 2020, 07:58
Windows 10. And when I clicked Settings, the thing came up about do I want the updater to make changes to my computer. I clicked yes. And then the program disappeared. Poof. It happened over and over.
I finally just installed a second instance of it on my computer. I think that maybe worked. I'm getting ready to find out.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2020, 08:00
If you're still having an issue; definitely run the latest installer from the download link on the front page of the web site. Ryan has been working on a bunch of issues around the installer/updater; and just pushed out a new build of those this morning.

Regards,
JPG

Milke
March 26th, 2020, 08:02
Awesome. Thanks, y'all.

Milke
March 26th, 2020, 19:05
Yea. I have it in a new folder. The other one that won't uninstall is just sitting there. I deleted its shortcut and am using the new one. It seems to be working okay. I even got it to run a second instance of Age of Ashes so I could look at the player view (I am trying to figure out how to do the individual line of sight. Probably need to watch some videos).
As usual, posting here on the forums got me fixed up within a few minutes. I appreciate it.