PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this problem?

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 04:12
Sadly, this is my first post, and I am already unhappy with Fantasy Grounds. I just got an Ultimate subscription and the License Key does not work. When I go into my Order History it says that the account is active, but when I try to put it into the updater (Settings) it says I have an invalid account key. Any ideas? Of course, with the ongoing plague, there's no one to help.

Kelrugem
March 25th, 2020, 04:17
Sadly, this is my first post, and I am already unhappy with Fantasy Grounds. I just got an Ultimate subscription and the License Key does not work. When I go into my Order History it says that the account is active, but when I try to put it into the updater (Settings) it says I have an invalid account key. Any ideas? Of course, with the ongoing plague, there's no one to help.

Hi and welcome :)

Sorry that you had problems so far; make sure that you do not copy in additional spaces in your license key and also make sure that you also have inserted your credentials under "Purchases Login" in the settings :)

EDIT: In the emergency case you can write to [email protected] :)

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 04:29
Yeah, double- and triple- quadruple checked that. It just plain doesn't work. Sent an email to customer support, but I know I am unlikely to hear from anyone anytime soon. A real bummer, since I am stuck at home, have a group, and can't start my campaign.

Kelrugem
March 25th, 2020, 04:32
Yeah, double- and triple- quadruple checked that. It just plain doesn't work. Sent an email to customer support, but I know I am unlikely to hear from anyone anytime soon. A real bummer, since I am stuck at home, have a group, and can't start my campaign.

Hm, which license you bought? For FG unity or FG classic? Did you make sure that you downloaded the correct programme? (as you see there are two and you maybe tried to insert the license in the wrong programme :) )

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 04:46
Yes, definitely downloaded the correct one. Looks like I will have to wait. Thank you for your assistance, though!

Kelrugem
March 25th, 2020, 04:50
Yes, definitely downloaded the correct one. Looks like I will have to wait. Thank you for your assistance, though!

oki, I hope it gets soon resolved :)

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 04:53
You didn't cancel your subscription did you after paying so that it would not renew did you?

When you do that, PayPal sends the cancellation notice immediately and the servers invalidate your key immediately (since they don't know when your renewal is due).

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 04:57
I have not done anything other than contact customer support

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 05:00
I have not done anything other than contact customer support
Got it. Just trying to figure things out. Unfortunately, They are all in the US, and I think mostly on the East Coast so I suspect they won't be around until morning.

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 05:01
Let's hope so! Thank you for your help, sir.

Balladeer
March 25th, 2020, 20:12
I already got an answer from David Middleton, who has been very helpful so far. Keeping my fingers crossed!