PDA

View Full Version : LFP who are new to VTT - Text Only

shezingzh
March 24th, 2020, 22:50
FG Classic: Licensed (I could not get FGU (STEAM) version to port forward.
Experience Required: None, since I just recently purchased the software (2 weeks in).
Game System: D&D 5e
Time Zone: CST (UTC/GMT-4)
Play Time/Day: Sat or sunday depending on players
Start Date: When players join and group is filled and characters are created
Frequency: one time per weekend or 4x per month
Voice and Video: None, dont use a mic dont want to use a mic
Campaign: Mad Mages Dungeon
Number of Players: 4
Character Level: level 4
Stream: No
Details: I am setting up a game to actually learn as I go looking for 4 players in the same situation. I only recently purchased the DMG, PHB, MM and the Mad Mages Dungeon. I do not have the floor maps, the pogs and other material purchased to actually build a more real world setting. There are maps that come with the Mad Mage Dungeon that use pins. Which I will be learning how to use. This will take longer than normal but that's okay. I expect everyone who just started to have lots of patience as this is a learn as you go. All characters can be created in the campaign and I like players who think outside the box. I learned after much tussle and fuss with getting the program to work that it does not contain all the player classes or races, such as character or races from Kara-Tur. So to keep it simple we will use what is provided in the books.

I have been playing D&d and AD&D since its inception in the 1970's. Those were the days. This is my first try at VTT (Virtual Table Top) gaming. I own most of the original first prints.

Dg1707
March 25th, 2020, 16:34
Im pretty new to fantasy grounds, i know some things but still getting used to the interface. I would be interested in joining your game, let me know and I will send a character. My vote is for a Sunday scheduled game.

shezingzh
March 28th, 2020, 17:37
First question do you own FG Unity?

I could not get FG Classic to work.

So only FG Unity will work. I use FG Unity standard license. The standard license will not work with the demo. I am not willing to invest another 135+ bucks into the FG Unity Ultimate license until I get a game up and running to find out how many connections I can handle and test out a few other things. Right now I found out that you cannot import map images into the Unity version by dropping and dragging. I watched the youtube videos and the version they used was FG Classic. I guess they removed the drop and drag from Unity.

Other than that try to connect as I will leave the program up and running, once again you will not be able to connect if you are not using FG Unity standard or ultimate.