PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Pathfinder 1st Ed - Rise of the Runelords & FG 1st timer

paladinlee
March 24th, 2020, 19:04
FG License: CLASSIC demo or better. GM has Full so players need at least Classic Lite, etc.
Game System: Pathfinder 1st ed.

Time Zone: i.e. CST, Central Standard Time USA
Day of week and time: Saturday March 28th at 7pm CST - 11pm CST.
Planned Duration & Frequency: If everything gels, meet once or twice a month either Friday nights, Saturday nights, or Sunday afternoons.
Term: If everything gels, continue playing Adventure Path

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice required. Video optional.
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 50/50. Pathfinder by its nature is combat orientated, however there are some great characters in the Runelords campaign!
Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum 3 max 5. Age 18+
Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 1st level. Core Rulebook only. Standard point buy. (I'm a FG newb and only have the PFSRD loaded). Pregens can be provided, just let me know in advance!
Character restrictions: i.e. Core Rulebook only. Pathfinder 1st ed newbies welcomed and encouraged!

Details of your scenario: New to Fantasy Grounds, but roleplaying on and off for 20 years! I am looking to give FG a spin as a GM, and what better way than with one of my favorite campaigns! I make no guarantees it will work, but it will be a fun distraction at the very least! About myself and my game style: I co-founded the Chicago Southwest Suburb RPG Meetup group back in my heydays. I previously ran three Pathfinder campaigns, the last being Runelords. I am not super serious. My goal is to make sure you have fun! I try to keep everyone engaged, keep the game moving if rules start to get in the way, and am a fan of the players. You may find I will ask you to fill in the blanks (what does the spell look like? How do you approach the guard?) and will look for each player's strengths. That said, I will do my best to keep us on the Adventure Path as the module demands. This module while at times is light hearted, also covers some adult topics, so age 18+ please. I aim for an inclusive and cooperative group. Like a good improv troupe, we're all in this together, to stand each other up, riff off each other, and be each other's biggest fan.

Some additional questions I'll ask that you could answer in your PMs, just to get to know ya...

Tell me about what class(es) you prefer to play.

What role do you typically fulfill in the group? Question is purposely vague...

What is your favorite part of roleplaying?

tahl_liadon
March 24th, 2020, 20:17
pm sent.

Eques
March 24th, 2020, 21:14
Sent you a PM. I am in BC so i think the 1 hour difference wont be an issue. :)

paladinlee
March 24th, 2020, 21:24
Response had been good so far. I didn't anticipate the PMs. Some additional questions I'll ask that you could answer in your PMs, just to get to know ya...

Tell me about what class(es) you prefer to play.

What role do you typically fulfill in the group? Question is purposely vague... ;)

What is your favorite part of roleplaying?

Squllque
March 24th, 2020, 21:36
i would like to play my discord is

Squlk#3367

I actually like Tank and support roles but am comfortable in any class and any role.
I really like using different voices and the conversations of roleplaying games. Battle and loot is not key, but always fun and appreciated!

would prefer a pregen character that can be tweeked a bit.

Eques
March 24th, 2020, 21:36
I tend to work to keep group focused. I also like to try and figure out the reasons behind the events
I like a game to have first person roleplaying. That is i speak as my character. This means that i directly act as my character when interacting "Hey innkeep what's good to drink today" as opposed to saying " my character talks to the inkeeper and i order a beer"

paladinlee
March 25th, 2020, 03:44
Hey folks! I'm excited about the activity here. Hopefully the technology doesn't fail us! First time FG user. But, tried the "other guys" and wasn't too impressed. I decided to use Unity because of the easier server hosting setup. But, I know there may still be a few bugs, and rumors of boggy load times... Fingers crossed!

Here's the lineup so far.
Player bids and GM's general observations on class selections
1. tahl_liadon (class TBD, not a fighter)
2. omegazed (class TBD "utility", not traditional healer)
3. DuncanBarrow (class TBD. rogue, bard, "tank", cleric )
4. Eques (class TBD, monk, ranger, rogue, wizard, cleric, druid.)
5. Squllgue (class TBD. "tank" "support". pregen OK)

NOTE: PF Core Rulebook classes only. Sorry for the vanilla selection, but as FG newbie I only have the PFSRD loaded, along with the Adventure Path. Don't want to make it too hard on myself. I may experiment with the Paizo Crit Hits/Fumbles tables though, because those are just fun. :)

I can still line up some players on reserve to cover in case anyone in the top 5 drop out, fade in interest, forgot, etc. So, don't be too afraid to toss your hat in the ring.

I "may" do a test connection Thursday night at 7pm CST, but that is really just to kick in the tires on FG, get to know ya. Totally optional, and test not totally set in stone. I'll post an announcement here if/when the test launches.

So, feel free to use this forum to bat around ideas. I think there is something for everyone in this AP. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dg1707
March 25th, 2020, 04:37
Im interested in joining if there is still room
My discord is tacosalad
I am willing to play any role in the group, whatever is needed
My favorite part of roleplaying is honestly everything. I love being absorbed in the world, whether through combat and dice rolls or through character development and intrigue.
I also sent a PM
Thanks!

paladinlee
March 26th, 2020, 03:34
Here's the lineup since Wednesday...
Player bids and GM's general observations on class selections

1. tahl_liadon (class TBD, not a fighter)
2. omegazed (class TBD "utility", not traditional healer)
3. DuncanBarrow (class TBD. rogue, bard, "tank", cleric )
4. Eques (class TBD, monk, ranger, rogue, wizard, cleric, druid.)
5. Squllgue (class TBD. "tank" "support". pregen OK)

On Standby
6. Dg1707 ("any")
7. Murlocohol (class rogue, wizard, "tactical")

I'll start to figure out Discord setup on Thursday night. I'll send out invites to Discord. No pressure to drop in there, but doing so would firm up your spot.
Saturday morning I may be around to answer questions in Discord. Then I'll return before 7pm CST to get the official game started.

At this point, it seems the top 5 are responsive. but if there are no objections, standbys can observe the game via Discord on game day.

It seems like we may take time on Saturday to negotiate our starting classes.

paladinlee
March 27th, 2020, 01:16
Nearing game day!

If you haven't already joined the Discord, I PM'ed you the link to join. Please join the Discord by Saturday March 28th at noon CST, for I will firm up player selection at that time. The Discord will be where the general info for the game will be going forward.

Those on standby are welcome to listen in to the game Saturday night, as a way to see what happened, and to drop in should we lose players between session 1 and session 2. I've run big games IRL, and it requires a lot of energy and momentum. Not sure how fast I could move on FG just yet...

Oh, and final reminder: You'll need the FG Classic license to play. Classes from the Core Rulebook. Talk to you soon!

paladinlee
March 27th, 2020, 18:26
After testing, we determined the module will not load in Unity (though it looked ok for me as GM). We are moving over to FG Classic!!!

You will need to download FG Classic, as it is different than Unity. You may need to monkey with network settings a bit too, there's a test button in Classic to see if you can get connected. Here a forum post on what you can do to be said monkey: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

If you haven't already joined the Discord, I PM'ed you the link to join. Please join the Discord by Saturday March 28th at noon CST, for I will firm up player selection at that time. The Discord will be where the general info for the game will be going forward.