PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player ANYTime, Arid-Zone-A sector of US, Pathfinder 2E.

ChadHale
March 24th, 2020, 04:12
FG License: I don't really know. The wacky named one that I bought on RPGdrivethru.com that leaves me in a "limbo" with (Surprise-surprise) just under "another" $60 to ultimate... :p
I bought more than one upgrade and I do not know what I actually have or where on the ladder of upgrades I am and how far I have left to an ultimate license. The last purchase? It was an upgrade that did... nothing. Doesn't provide me anymore privilege or use of the program than a "free" user. Can I Look at the libraries I bought? NOPE. Start Games? NOPE. Create a custom "ANYTHING" and add it to the library? Nope. Build characters on my own time, print them out? NOPE. All I can do is turn it on, update, and turn it off... unless I am invited to a game, and even then I am denied a host of features. By the by, I linked my paizo account, I buy all my paizo books through them and somehow... purchasing the same PF2E content for FG adds up to almost 200$ more, and that's not counting the license upgrade to ultimate...

Time Zone: ARIZONA, USA, MOUNTAIN TIME
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: any P.M. hours for my time zone.
Voice: Discord works for me.
Game System Preferred: Pathfinder 2E
Game System Experience: Since 1978, Played and GM'd-> D&D (the "red-green-blue" booklets) AD&D, 2nd ed AD&D, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0. Fasa star trek, star frontiers, R.Talsorian's Cyberpunk 2020, pathfinder 1 e, pathfinder 2e, and recently published the "Tome of Psionics".
Fantasy Grounds Experience: despite dropping around 200$ still no experience with options outside those offered by a free account. i.e. none, locked out of everything.
but hey, I can always click "check for updates".
Character Type Preferred: I can play any character and enjoy playing.
About me: Disabled veteran, I don't care about the odds or how hard it gets... I don't quit. I do not get confused by bathrooms. I despise the entitled, fragile, snowflakes who use words like "Micro-aggression" as a weapon of convenience for their two faced idiocy.

Quote, "How can you whine about cultural appropriation... when you are wearing dreadlocks and earlobe stretch rings or so called ear calipers?"
Quote, "So, Artwork showing Seoni's cleavage is sexual objectification... but you have literal stat blocks and code language for; It can look in its underroos and still not know what it is, guy wants to poke boys, guy wants to be poked by boys, interested in undead, interested in yiff-yaf anthromals, interested in poking the under-aged... and all that doesn't count as inappropriate Sexuality? it doesn't matter that it is being forced on children who play this game? oh, do tell."
Quote, "So odd, for a publisher to whine about having to cut content out of books for page count, yet you have paragraphs for example; of an elf subtype that swings through gender idiocy, sexual pursuits, and ha-ha a racial quest for the ultimate orgasm. Look at the book Gods and Magic, It has stat entries for what deity is having sex with whom. Just how is that okay, because I am certain it is NOT!"

ProfessorPirate
March 24th, 2020, 05:22
Hey Chad, I get the feeling there was some confusion here. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience. However, Fantasy Grounds and its one-time fee or monthly subscription are only available on Steam or FantasyGrounds.com. I'm sorry to hear that you purchased something that you perceived to be a membership or license through DriveThruRPG.com because that sounds terrible.

For the content issue, I can totally relate. When you own the material already in one format, it's easy to feel entitled in all formats. I had to be reminded that the books I initially purchased did not come with online access or PDFs when I bought them, so it was unfair to expect them after the initial agreement. I have had to purchase the same materials through multiple platforms to maintain access in all the forms I need. I feel your pain there, but I suppose it's a sign of the times and a physical book isn't the same as a Fantasy Grounds compendium in the same way a cassette tape is not the same as a CD.

In any case, I hope you have success in finding a match for your game. Fair travels adventurer!

ChadHale
March 24th, 2020, 16:47
IT is cool, I just want to point out that if you buy pathfinder hardback books through Paizo.com your account gets a Digital library from which you may download PDF files of your purchases as often as you like.
I know that smite works is doing hardwork, and yes, on occasion they might be flawed humans like the rest of us. They do deserve to be paid for that work.

I do not pay for subscriptions, I like to buy and have things of value for as long as possible. I am not interested in wasting resources on mere entertainment, I view everything I buy as a resource for survival.
Weird huh? I guess I am crazy, but I like having tools I can use...