PDA

View Full Version : If I buy everything (GGU Ultimate/5e content) and DM/host can players play free?

borgia
March 24th, 2020, 02:48
Hi

If I buy FGU Ultimate and all the 5e Content (mods/rulebooks etc) can my players all play with all the content without having to buy it themselves? Or are they stuck on SRD without buying the 5e books and a better than demo subscription? I can find anywhere what I can 'share' with an ultimate subscription and purchase of all the content. Sorry if this is answered somewhere, Ive looked pretty hard. My players are mostly not very financial but i can afford this.

Regards Ivan

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2020, 02:57
Yes, with an Ultimate license your players can play for free. While connected to you, they can access all of the books/products that you share with them (player resources are shared by default).

Not that I want to discourage you from spending money on FG. But you don't have to buy all the books unless you want them. You can buy the PHB and the adventure you want to run and then the D&D Essentials Bundle and have pretty much everything to start with except all the extra adventures you are going to play immediately.

vegaserik
March 24th, 2020, 02:59
Yes while connected to you. They can use anything you select as openable for them. But you need to have the table open for them to connect and use them, they won't have access while offline.