PDA

View Full Version : Help With Port Forwarding and Hosting On Mac

chaoticgoodbeard
March 24th, 2020, 00:24
Hello!

It's been quite a day and I am very frustrated so perhaps someone might be able to assist. I chose fantasy grounds unlimited because I was hoping it would be easier and I am not a tech-savvy person and at this rate I could have done a hundred other things with less work.

Earlier I tried to test out a host game with a few of my players and none of them were able to connect. I ran the "connection test" from the splash page and it failed. So I read and a researched and still no success. Here are some of the issues and solutions I've tried so far. There's a chance I just need to move some stuff around maybe, but I am at the end of my capabilities I think.

1) Creating a static IP address on my mac, which doesn't seem to be working to begin with and I may be doing wrong, but not that I can tell after multiple attempts.
2) Determined my internal and external IP addresses.
3) Opened my network to "internet sharing"
4) Used the steps provided at Portfoward.com and in some of the discussions on this forum.
5) Tried to set my router to a static IP as well.
6) Gone through the steps for Port Forwarding, however my router is not specifically listed so I just pieced together what I could.
7) My specific router the Technicolor DPC 3216 has an option for Port Forwarding and Port Triggering, I tried to fill in both and received a message that I had an "invalid port."
8) I am running on Os X El Capitan 10.11.6 , my internet is through Charter Spectrum

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

damned
March 24th, 2020, 00:43
Please jump on the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained and read the first 2 posts and answer the 7 questions.

You do not need a static IP.
Do not configure Port Triggering.
When answering the Qs, post screenshots it will shorten the troubleshooting time.

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2020, 01:10
This is the post Damned is referring to; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

chaoticgoodbeard
March 24th, 2020, 01:17
Okay thank you! I think I've answered all the questions to the best of knowledge and included attachments.

1.Your LAN IP Address

2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router

3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
Wired Ethernet
4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
No AV running
6. Post the results of the traceroute 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made.
No changes have been made to router

damned
March 24th, 2020, 01:52
Please post a screenshot of the Port Forward setup on the router so we can guide you on what to enter

chaoticgoodbeard
March 24th, 2020, 01:56
Attached.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 02:02
Disable UPnP
Custom Service: FG1802
Service: Other
Protocol: TCP
External Host:
External Port: 1802
Internal Host: 192.168.1.116
Internal Port: 1802
Add

Test.

chaoticgoodbeard
March 24th, 2020, 04:11
It worked! Hallelujah pass the healing potions! Thank you very much!