March 23rd, 2020, 21:49
Title: Untitled Supers Campaign
FG ruleset: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
FG Unity
License type needed: Standard or Ultimate
Start time and date and time zone: TBD But Weekends, I am CDT
Duration: Approx 4 hours
Voice comm requirements: Discord
Other requirements: None. Maximum 5 players.

Suitable for people with or without Fantasy Grounds experience and with or without Savage Worlds experience.
All comers welcome.

On an alternate Earth, an artificial intelligence known as Intellitron advanced further beyond singularity than any human mind could have imagined. It became driven to enhance all life on Earth, and created an age of genetic engineering, instantaneous travel amongst the stars, and exploration across the multiverse.

But the golden age was not to last. The remaining metahumans, long since sworn to serve Intellitron and further the human species, discovered terrible secrets about their so-called benefactor. Determined to stop the mad A.I. and free the human race from shackles it didn’t know it wore, the metahumans formed a rebellion against the mechanical god.

Though the metahumans were defeated, a determined few remained defiant. Now, recruiting other metahumans from across the multiverse, the rebels have one, final chance to defeat Intellitron and save all of reality from extinction.

You will need to have Fantasy Grounds Unity installed and updated, I have Standard.
You will need Discord.
You will need a Headset and Mic.

Squllque
March 24th, 2020, 03:56
heya this sounds like an interesting game! I am not familiar with it but am a quick study. My discord is Squlk#3367 and you can message me there. I would like to know a little more about what kinda of character one could be expecting to play.

Wookiee420
March 24th, 2020, 13:15
heya this sounds like an interesting game! I am not familiar with it but am a quick study. My discord is Squlk#3367 and you can message me there. I would like to know a little more about what kinda of character one could be expecting to play.

I messaged you on discord, it’s easier and quicker to talk than here is

Daedalus
March 24th, 2020, 14:42
Depending on the day I could be interested. Are you going to use the super hero powers from the SWADE book or the Super Heroes companion?

Wookiee420
March 24th, 2020, 14:50
Depending on the day I could be interested. Are you going to use the super hero powers from the SWADE book or the Super Heroes companion?

So I plan to use SWADE, and the supers companion. I also plan to use the Super Powers Unleashed by Daring Entertainment, it’s free on drivethru right now. If you want I can invite you to my discord and help you more. I’m thinking Saturday morning.

Daedalus
March 24th, 2020, 16:33
So I plan to use SWADE, and the supers companion. I also plan to use the Super Powers Unleashed by Daring Entertainment, it’s free on drivethru right now. If you want I can invite you to my discord and help you more. I’m thinking Saturday morning.

We could do that. I just want to make you aware I am not new to Savage Worlds. I have the SWADE book (I actually backed the kickstarter), I am currently running a Savage Worlds game and I have been running or playing SW for a long time.

I use the tool https://www.savaged.us to create characters which is helpful in case you were unaware of it.

Daedalus
March 24th, 2020, 16:40
Since all three books have rules for character creation which one should be followed?

Wookiee420
March 24th, 2020, 16:44
Since all three books have rules for character creation which one should be followed?

I am new to SWADE but not savage worlds. Yes I know about that site but idk if it has the powers unleashed powers. I want to use the rules from the Powers Unleashed

My Discord https://discord.gg/khH9PK

Daedalus
March 24th, 2020, 17:43
I am new to SWADE but not savage worlds. Yes I know about that site but idk if it has the powers unleashed powers. I want to use the rules from the Powers Unleashed

My Discord https://discord.gg/khH9PK

It doesn't but it does have the core book and the Super Powers Book.. Do you want us to be creating characters based on the super powers unleashed book?

ChadHale
March 24th, 2020, 18:30
I still have Deluxe edition and the player companion supers... So, next time I guess.
I would like to ask if either of these two character ideas would be acceptable;

1. Invincibelle, A young, patriotic, naive, Super-girl Lite.
Power: Force control - Force field, heavy weapon, Limitation: Self only/No range.
Power: Flight - +3 for +6 climb.
Additional options
Power: Toughness, Linked to force field.
Power: Armor, heavy, Linked to force field.
Power: don't breathe, + resistances needed for space travel. Linked to force field.
(pressure/vacuum, Heat/flame, Cold/ice, Radiation)
Invincibelle has nano structures in the cytoskeleton of every cell.
These unusual nano-structures harness "Casimir Force", which can be as much as 1.5 trillion lbs of force.
explaining her invulnerability sheath, super strength, and flight.

2. Harbinger
(A psychic hero like "The Shadow")
Powers: Awareness 5 pt, Danger sense 2 pt, Heightened senses (investigation, +Spatial) 3 pts, uncanny dodge 8 pts, super speed +blinding reflexes 5pt, Extra actions: 6pts, mind reading 3pts, illusion - obscurement, psychic only, not affect tech sensors. Super agility: , Super skill: Fighting, Super edges: Improved first strike, improved counter attack. 8pts.
Harbinger has a "Precognitive consciousness"; His mind is aware, thinking, and taking action, up to eight seconds in the future. This explains his increased speed and evasiveness.
Harbinger can do the Stephen king trick called "DIM" He takes the "Gray man" to the extreme. He can psychically fade from others perception akin to invisibility and/or being obscured from senses.
Harbinger's precognition nudges him away from futures with dangerous outcomes and towards beneficial outcomes; Explaining the Super agility, Super Fighting, and combat edge powers.

Wookiee420
March 25th, 2020, 21:06
I still have Deluxe edition and the player companion supers... So, next time I guess.
I would like to ask if either of these two character ideas would be acceptable;

1. Invincibelle, A young, patriotic, naive, Super-girl Lite.
Power: Force control - Force field, heavy weapon, Limitation: Self only/No range.
Power: Flight - +3 for +6 climb.
Additional options
Power: Toughness, Linked to force field.
Power: Armor, heavy, Linked to force field.
Power: don't breathe, + resistances needed for space travel. Linked to force field.
(pressure/vacuum, Heat/flame, Cold/ice, Radiation)
Invincibelle has nano structures in the cytoskeleton of every cell.
These unusual nano-structures harness "Casimir Force", which can be as much as 1.5 trillion lbs of force.
explaining her invulnerability sheath, super strength, and flight.

2. Harbinger
(A psychic hero like "The Shadow")
Powers: Awareness 5 pt, Danger sense 2 pt, Heightened senses (investigation, +Spatial) 3 pts, uncanny dodge 8 pts, super speed +blinding reflexes 5pt, Extra actions: 6pts, mind reading 3pts, illusion - obscurement, psychic only, not affect tech sensors. Super agility: , Super skill: Fighting, Super edges: Improved first strike, improved counter attack. 8pts.
Harbinger has a "Precognitive consciousness"; His mind is aware, thinking, and taking action, up to eight seconds in the future. This explains his increased speed and evasiveness.
Harbinger can do the Stephen king trick called "DIM" He takes the "Gray man" to the extreme. He can psychically fade from others perception akin to invisibility and/or being obscured from senses.
Harbinger's precognition nudges him away from futures with dangerous outcomes and towards beneficial outcomes; Explaining the Super agility, Super Fighting, and combat edge powers.

I would definitely allow Harbinger, and Invincibelle I would allow only if she fits with the rest of the characters, although invincible characters are difficult to GM.

You are more than welcome to join us, I have never ran SWADE only Deluxe, and I welcome new players. Also the Super Powers Unleashed by Daring Entertainment (where i am getting the main rules) is free on DriveThru right now.

ChadHale
March 25th, 2020, 22:29
Invincibelle would likely have oodles of toughness+armor, Super strength, and flight. Yeah, I could see how that can be bad for a game. If you want the party perform a dramatic rescue of civilians from a "towering inferno"... Or fall prey to a villain bent on collecting live heroes like action figures with a shrink ray and Knock out drugs.... somebody flying out of reach or someone with a force shield sheath could be a pain in the arse.
Harbinger might be bad for a game if his clairvoyant powers expose traps and ambushes you want the players to encounter...
Kind of like how a 3.0 D&D paladin with always on "Detect evil" could derail entire adventures. I intentionally redesigned Harbinger so that his precognitive warnings help him to avoid only immediate dangers, within 30ft radius or a 6 second turn. Also, as a GM aid/tool, Harbinger can have visions that guide the party to adventure events (crises) prior to their actual start... So that the heroes can arrive "Just in time".

I can roll with Harbinger. What power point Tier? When do you need the character sheet?

Wookiee420
March 25th, 2020, 22:51
i can make precognition work, as long as you dont abuse it
come join my discord, we can talk there easier
https://discord.gg/yZfV7Tz

ChadHale
March 26th, 2020, 03:29
HARBINGER using the "Powers unleashed" rules.
Power group (psionic) control skill (Mental)
Power theme/group: "Precognitive consciousness"
Deflection +2, falls +1= +3 pts
*modification - No reflection. This power is not, "Allowing myself to be hit",
It is precognitive EVASION. Harbinger DODGES ranged or melee attacks. As such,
no attack can be reflected.
Enhanced edge = +4 pts
Improved first strike, improved counter attack.
Enhanced Fighting = +3 pts
+3 steps from 1d6 to d12 fighting.
Enhanced agility = +6 pts
+3 steps from 1d6 to d12 agility.
Hyper sense: 5 pts
A. Danger sense
B. Darkvision
C. Fill vision
D. "Not Sonar" (spatial sense aka "Psi Radar")
E. True sight
Precognition: 1 pt.

*All powers above this point are LINKED to the power "precognition" concept of "Precognitive consciousness". Five different powers listed above gain the "Linked" limitation.
Cost of 22 points -5 points = new cost: 17 points
Invisibility (psychic DIM): +6 pts

with the remaining points: Mind reading and psychic blade powers (not linked to precognition)...
and still, he's too weak.

While the unleashed rules are "Cheaper" for powers; the powers as described are no where near as effective, nor are they "rules uniform". The ability to buy abilities for +2pts, and skills for +1 point for example, negates the entire purpose of ENHANCED ability or Enhanced skill purchase (It's like, why? regular buying isn't subject to negation!). Some builds become advantageous by not needing supporting; powers, attributes and skills. The Harbinger build above just starts struggling to make these odd checks. I need fighting skill checks, Spirit checks, Smarts checks, Power control skill checks, and more and after just making a "Joe Blow" d6 and 7 skills at d6.
He's a normal guy with something special that works unreliably if at all (50/50 chance) because smarts, spirit, agility, fighting, power control skill? can't "ALL" get any better than d6...
The character is supposed to be a super hero, not a shlub.
All it would take to kill him is an area that prohibits his evasiveness, or a couple of poor rolls (50% chance of failing, everything).

Harbinger isn't punching through tank-robots; He's a mobile distraction at best and Tank-tred tortila at worst.
I can't really use the "Unleashed" rules. I can't really use Harbinger.