PDA

View Full Version : New to VTT

Relampago
March 23rd, 2020, 20:53
Hi all,

Long time D&D player (the 70's before AD&D even) who then went fully into RPG's thanks to the Ultima's, Bards Tales, Gold Box, etc.

Looking to get into VTT. I am thinking of giving FGU a try (i am very interested in the FGU tech and additional interactivity) and was thinking of a sub for FGU ultimate for a month and buying the PHB, MM, and DMG, seeing if i can make a module, and seeing if i can join a campaign before running my own. I am a Forgotten Realms person through and through. Any thoughts or advice (i know there are one of these posts every other day sorry now that FGU is available i am coming at it from the total newness with no current fellow campaigners plus that angle).

LordEntrails
March 23rd, 2020, 20:57
Jump in! There is a 30 day money back guarantee.

Take some free classes at www.fantasygroundscollege.net
If you like videos, check out YouTube. Or the Wiki or the manual.

Get setup with Discord and join the official FG Discord and the FGC discord.

Relampago
March 24th, 2020, 14:57
Thanks i registered for FGC. I also subbed to FGU Ultimate, and bought the DMG, PHB, MM, and Phandelver. No open classes in the college this month and hope to start a family campaign on Saturday so time to learn quickly myself. Youtube will be my friend this week.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 15:33
Go thru the 5E Sample Adventure and watch a video or two.
Then dip your ties into Phandelver using the pregens.

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2020, 16:42
Thanks i registered for FGC. I also subbed to FGU Ultimate, and bought the DMG, PHB, MM, and Phandelver. No open classes in the college this month and hope to start a family campaign on Saturday so time to learn quickly myself. Youtube will be my friend this week.
Once my work settles in (later this week) I will put up a few intro classes, I'll try to remember to let you know about it. PM me if you want to send me your email so I have it more readily available. Also let me know some times that work for you and I'll try to schedule a class for then.

Relampago
March 24th, 2020, 16:44
Will PM you thanks! I am fairly confident i will figure it out well enough for my family (who are between the east coast to hawaii) so no stress. Having said that very much appreciate you doing this for the community! I will PM you.