PDA

View Full Version : First play experience on Unity

jlabbe
March 23rd, 2020, 18:19
Hi,

This post is to explain my first experience iwth my players on FGU. Unfortunately, we were not able to play and switch back to the traditional UG for now.

First, We are playing D&D 5. Storm King's Thunder campain. They just left Deadstone Cleft and moving to Maelstrom. We test the game on map 5 in Deadstone Cleft. We are all located in eastern Canada. We are one DM and four players.

I create a game with a password.
My two first player was able to login, but the two others couldn't becasue my game wasn't in the lobby list anymore. I had to shot down the server and bring it back again. The loading time in general in FGU is at least three times longer than in FG ; for the DM and for the player that already have all the content downloaded). After about 10 minutes, all my players was in the game. Please note that the DM consol was getting bombarded with error messages of wrong IP addresses and password failing even though I know that they were entering the right password. After four to five attempts, they were able to join the game.

They chose their player token that I have imported from FG. That works fine.

I opened the map Deadstone Cleft 5 with LOS activated. Loading time was about one minute and they couldn't see the map properly. I have attached a picture. It was the case for 3 of my four players.

When they started to move their token on the map, the DM client froze and that was the end.

Speed is a huge issue overall.

I hope this game experience will help you with the Beta.

Kind regards,

jlabbe

jlabbe
March 23rd, 2020, 18:24
I want to add that the game was last Thursday night.