PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Macros question

Alarian
January 11th, 2007, 20:11
Quick question on the in game macros you can create (i.e. Shift-1, Shift-2, etc) I am currrently in a campaign where GM duties rotate among players. When I was a player I created a TON of macros for my character for just about everything. I.e Skill Checks, Initiative, Attack, Damage, etc. Easily 20-30 of them. Problem is now I changed over to GM and all my macros are gone. If I go back into player mode by connecting to someone else I can see them but I can't access them as a GM. Is there any way for me to copy these all over without actually having to manually type them all in again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alarian

Cypher
January 11th, 2007, 23:05
1. Look for your campaign directory. It should be something like C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\campaigns\<your campaign name>\usersettings\

2. Copy the file that says hotkeys_<your player name> and paste it in the same folder. Rename the copy to hotkeys_<your GM name>.

I assumed that you were using the same campaign name among all rotating GM's. If you are not, then copy the player hotkeys file from your campaign you play in, and paste it to the same directory under the campaign you GM in.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Alarian
January 12th, 2007, 15:48
Thanks a lot, that did the trick! One more question. Is it possible to edit that file? I tried with notepad it it mad FG crash. I also tried to load it up in an xml editor and the file wouldn't display.

Alarian.