PDA

View Full Version : Players maps screwed up

Sisho
March 23rd, 2020, 04:13
So I am trying to run a start campaign from the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount and the first map we went to pull up had major issues for every player. The weird thing is though that everybody seemed to have different issues. Here are a few example pictures.

LordEntrails
March 23rd, 2020, 04:32
Similar issues have been reported by others. You would have to check those threads for more info as I'm don't know what thye have determined.

To report issues, please see this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

pindercarl
March 23rd, 2020, 14:05
So I am trying to run a start campaign from the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount and the first map we went to pull up had major issues for every player. The weird thing is though that everybody seemed to have different issues. Here are a few example pictures.

We've had one other report of this issue and haven't been able to reproduce yet. Just to clarify—to aid in reproducing—this was the first image you opened? It looks like you had three players connected? Were the players on Windows, Mac, or a mix?

Thanks for reporting.

Sisho
March 23rd, 2020, 14:10
We've had one other report of this issue and haven't been able to reproduce yet. Just to clarify—to aid in reproducing—this was the first image you opened? It looks like you had three players connected? Were the players on Windows, Mac, or a mix?

Thanks for reporting.

It was the first map open. There were 5 players connected, all of us on Windows 10 with one being on Windows 7. The last player to connect had no issue and then they each disconnected and reconnected one at a time and it seemed to work. Shortly after we had to restart the whole server and it seemed to load fine for everyone immediately the next time. It felt like it was possibly some issue with sending the map across to them but then after they got it it worked just fine.

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2020, 22:36
Carl and I have talked about this issue quite a bit. We believe that there may be some packet loss, even though the network library is set to reliable/ordered connection. I've just pushed a build upping the network channel working size that may help with this issue, while we continue to investigate.

Regards,
JPG