PDA

View Full Version : Modules Organization

Arcanun
March 22nd, 2020, 19:38
Hey! Well i have a simple question... let me just explain my situation... I have bought probly anything 5E related from steam... so... when I’m about to start a campaign I have immense trouble finding the modules I have to share with my players... let’s say I just started a game and have to share all official books it’s a real pain to find them among all those modules... is there a good way to organize them so I can categorize maybe... or don’t show everything... I don’t know...

LordEntrails
March 22nd, 2020, 19:41
Use the filters. If you only want official stuff search for "wizard" as the author. If you want player facing stuff, search the name for "player".

And remember, a lot of modules already have themselves set for player access so you don't have to green check mark stuff unless it hasn't been set for player access.

Arcanun
March 23rd, 2020, 17:53
Use the filters. If you only want official stuff search for "wizard" as the author. If you want player facing stuff, search the name for "player".

And remember, a lot of modules already have themselves set for player access so you don't have to green check mark stuff unless it hasn't been set for player access.

Yea i have so much of the steam content that this method is just not working effectively anymore :P

LordEntrails
March 23rd, 2020, 17:59
Stuff from the DMsGuild is not encrypted. So you can open it and edit the XML to create your own categories (if you don't like the categories the author used). You could then have everything sort by things like "Player Options", "Adventures" "DM Resources" or whatever else you would find useful.

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2020, 18:01
The default state for all player books is that they are shared. So you don't need to go find anything if you want to share it all. Any module which has player related material in it will have a player module. Any modules which are DM only are not shared and shouldn't obviously be shared.