PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cypher System GM and other players

Thurnok
March 21st, 2020, 21:50
Long time D&D/AD&D DM, even longer gamer - looking for someone running a Cypher System game.

My gaming experience with D&D started in the late 70's. I started my DM'ing experience in the early 80's. I've been on hiatus for several years now, however, I purchased the Cypher System Rulebook by Monte Cook (and Bruce R. Cordell and Sean K. Reynolds) of Monte Cook Gaming and after reading through the intro, decided I wanted to get a taste of this interesting system from a player perspective before I decide to GM one myself. I've since read through several chapters and decided to see if anyone is planning to run (or thinking about running) a game and looking for players.

I would definitely be interested, and I'm sure I can get at least one or two more willing to play if there's an experienced Cypher System GM out there willing to run a game. Most of my group of friends do not use Discord (though a handful do), but we all have Teamspeak, Ventrilo, and Steam for our voice and text communications and have our own servers (and Steam group chat in the case of Steam).

None of our group has tried the Cypher System yet, but we all have experience in D&D/Pathfinder. I've recently become interested in the Cypher System and am starting to influence some of our group to try it. So if there is a Cypher System GM out there interested, and any other players as well, we'd like to give it a shot. Post info here and hopefully we can get something scheduled.