PDA

View Full Version : AD&D Ruleset updates coming

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 20:55
I wanted to point these things out because you might miss them that are coming out shortly.

You'll be able to move entries in the combat tracker a little more easily with the 03/24 update.

This will let you drop the entry onto another one and it will place the dropped entry above. If you drop it on the last entry in the list it will place it at the bottom of the list of combatants in initiative order.
https://i.imgur.com/VA6qBdL.gif

You can change the order of entries in the powers list. This will let you insert the entry you are moving into the location you are dropping it onto (and move everything down). If the target is the last record it will be placed below it.
https://i.imgur.com/468U6Hl.gif

Next update cycle (03/31) you'll be able to move inventory items into bags a little easier. You can still manage them manually.
https://i.imgur.com/Cdpmzwp.gif

Previously I also adjusted how inventory items list, now they show per-line item total weight instead of individual weight. You can adjust the weight of the item on the item.

I'm not 100% on the icons for movable and the arrow so those might change between now and release (or shortly after). I'm no artist so I used what I did ;)

damned
March 22nd, 2020, 05:23
You are too clever celestian!

celestian
March 22nd, 2020, 20:14
Here is the updated drag pointer, much smaller ;)

https://i.imgur.com/WOJh48n.png

xKrisx
March 23rd, 2020, 13:36
Very Nice!

graziano.girelli
March 24th, 2020, 17:37
Great Job. As always!

Silmeril
March 25th, 2020, 16:08
VERY excited to see what's next!

celestian
March 31st, 2020, 23:50
There was a slight mishap with schedules and the update won't be in until next Tuesday. The deadline for patches recently changed and unfortunately it's now during the week (when I work for my day job) so I missed the window.

In the meantime here is what is coming from that update.

(RULESET) 2E

Update Added sanity checking to drag/drop on Powers/actions to make sure they are within the scope of that power. You cannot move actions between different powers.
Update Inventory item Location (Manual) setting wasn't syncing storage organization when always expected.
Update Inventory items placed did not stack if the item existed already.
Update Added extra sanity checking to memorization so that when values are changed it's a little smarter keeping things right.
Update Damage type settings were not working as intended (applying base type).
Added $MAXHP macro for effects to use. Returns the maximum HPs for target of effect.
Added Drag/drop location/placement of items in Inventory (drag a waterskin and drop it into a backpack).

These items will be added to the above patch just to get caught up.

Fixed Extra space between powers in power/spell action list.
Update When initiating a target to save the output text will show as [TARGET-SAVED] or [TARGET-FAILED] to better differentiate.
Update Tweak to math for damage/heal calculations to remove decimals in final results.
Added $WOUNDS and $CURRENTHP macros for effects.
Added conditional test for effects CLASS(). "IF:CLASS(paladin,fighter);DMG:1d3"

After these updates see the light I'm going to go back to submitting on Sundays because it works best for my day job schedule.

graziano.girelli
April 1st, 2020, 00:27
Just a question Celestian... the update in your last post will go "in production" on sunday or i understand bad?

celestian
April 1st, 2020, 00:31
Just a question Celestian... the update in your last post will go "in production" on sunday or i understand bad?

FantasyGrounds patches are Tuesday.

graziano.girelli
April 1st, 2020, 10:05
Ok, thanks. So something is not fine on my FGC and FGU then. In inventory tab i didn't see the drag/drop option. I will check better this evening.
Thanks again for your answer.
By the way, is there a place in which is possible to see the modules in the working for D&D classic ruleset? This is just to plan my purchase.

damned
April 1st, 2020, 15:05
There was a slight mishap with schedules and the update won't be in until next Tuesday. The deadline for patches recently changed and unfortunately it's now during the week (when I work for my day job) so I missed the window.

Ok, thanks. So something is not fine on my FGC and FGU then. In inventory tab i didn't see the drag/drop option. I will check better this evening.
By the way, is there a place in which is possible to see the modules in the working for D&D classic ruleset? This is just to plan my purchase.

Next week.

celestian
April 1st, 2020, 15:48

As damned said, that will be next week (April 7th).

There is no way to see/get a list of products in development that I know of. That would have to be something Smiteworks would need to provide.

graziano.girelli
April 1st, 2020, 16:24
As damned said, that will be next week (April 7th).

There is no way to see/get a list of products in development that I know of. That would have to be something Smiteworks would need to provide.

Thanks!
Yes, it should be great to have a list of modules in the works so users know what will arrive (and maybe generate some hype).

Asterionaisien
April 1st, 2020, 20:31
Graziano, trust me. the ruleset works really well and the modules are well made. I've bought dm,player, monster and the saga of randal Morn here in the store and they are really good.
If in case you need some more info you can contact me, I'm italian too so i can show you or discuss in Italian.

A presto

graziano.girelli
April 1st, 2020, 23:12
Graziano, trust me. the ruleset works really well and the modules are well made. I've bought dm,player, monster and the saga of randal Morn here in the store and they are really good.
If in case you need some more info you can contact me, I'm italian too so i can show you or discuss in Italian.

A presto

Oh, i know it very well. I've got almost all D&D classic bundle. I'm just curious what's about to come out next. I have 2 groups, one just finished temple of elemental evil, and other one just begin curse of the azure bonds.
I'm an old master (i started to play in 1985) and i love AD&D.
If you want to talk about AD&D... wellcome!!!!

celestian
April 24th, 2020, 06:17
This is some prototype work I'm trying out.

https://i.imgur.com/8t5VsG5.png

Sidebar gone, replaced by more common "Menu" button". Transparent story entries. Overall, gives you more room to spread out.

sadwargamer
April 24th, 2020, 12:49
Oh I do like the idea of that Menu entry instead of the side bar.
Re the transparent Story entries - any chance you can make the transparency optional and/or the amount of transparency settable by user?

celestian
April 24th, 2020, 15:29
Oh I do like the idea of that Menu entry instead of the side bar.
Re the transparent Story entries - any chance you can make the transparency optional and/or the amount of transparency settable by user?

Unfortunately there is no option to programmatically set the specific formatted text font options that I know of. Meaning if I had a option to use the old white story entry the text would keep the current "white" (so it shows on dark story entries). Same goes for bold/italic/short cut links/etc.

The above is my testing. The end result will vary. More than likely these new options wont be released till sometime in early May.

graziano.girelli
April 24th, 2020, 20:28
Wonderful idea the menu instead sidebar. The transparent background look fine, but personally i prefer plain background for entries, more readable in my opinion.
Also the reduced chat window is very nice

celestian
April 24th, 2020, 20:41
Also the reduced chat window is very nice

You can do that now. I just unlocked and resized for my current layout.

graziano.girelli
April 24th, 2020, 20:48
Oh! I miss this option.
Thanks!

esmdev
April 25th, 2020, 23:58
I like the move from right bar to pull down. I'm not really big on the transparent stories as it will make it more difficult for me to read.

celestian
May 3rd, 2020, 20:45
This is a short blurb about some of the updates coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMYSx-g2s_4

Here is the tentative list of updates in this patch that is now on the Test channel. Please test. Remember to backup your campaign before applying any updates to FG.

Fixed When ammo item was not identified the ammo count in the actions/weapon tab would display incorrectly.
Fixed Surprise adjustments for NPCs were not being used.
Fixed Math rounding on HEALX and DMGX was applied, should not have been...
Fixed PC auto-group initiative also performs the same action for NPCs (flat die roll for npc and for pc). PC versus NPC.
Fixed Actions->Weapons tab "Edit" option toggle button, is now clickable more easily.
Fixed Effect with DEX reduction was incorrectly adjust Armor Class
Fixed Effect with STR not fully modifying characters movement rate when encumbered.
Fixed Character sheet check rolls for Bend Bars, Doors, Survival and Spell failures now display character name associated during roll.
Update Backported more structural code to better work with CoreRPG standardization.
Update DM view of the Combat Tracker now show Current HP instead of MAX HP and WOUNDS. Double click to adjust, mouse over for wounds/max.
Update Scripting update to better cohabitate with some extensions.
Update Has Initiative indicator "hit box" removed.
Update Improved token overlay application (target/has_initiative indicators) (now updated on token addition to image).
Update When a NPC is killed, if it is targeteed by any other CT entry, it is removed.
Update Sidebar removed, added "Menu" to access all menus.
Update NPC initiative rolls are all hidden from players.
Update On initiative gained, if "show effects on turn" enabled, NPC effects are hidden from players.
Update DA effect required specific ordering on it's entry. Corrected so it can be anywhere within the single effect entry.
Update Weapons not identified now hide weapons tab view from direct item inspection.
Update Weapons not identified now hide properties, name and bonus field from inspection in Actions->Weapons.
Update NPC/PC export methods updated for FGU.
Update Minimize now allowed for Combat Tracker.
Update THACO 0 would not properly automate on level up.
Update Removed "group management" option from every view except pc/npc/ct actions/weapons|powers.
Update Will now sync cast/prepared/useperiod of powers to item it's associated with.
Update DMGX and HEALX now affect modifier values as well.
Added Automation for Hit dice versus Immunity (Table 48).
Added Automation for dexterity modifiers applied to surprise checks.
Added New Item type for armor that works with ring/cloaks, "Warding". Added for Bracers.
Added Client side Combat Tracker option, players can double click their token in the CT and it will open the map and center on the token.
Added Character Sheet class list now has option to "add level" directly from class listing.

sadwargamer
May 5th, 2020, 08:42
#Celestian, Love the menu found a few cosmetic issues as a result of latest update (FGU with no extensions loaded)

1. Some Menu bar entries truncated
2. The PHB is missing from the books dropdown (I unloaded and reloaded it and still not showing)
3. Drop dwon menus sit behind open windows - so need to move windows them to select from dropdown, any chance we can have dropdown menus on top please
4. To access menu you need to click on it, is there an option to simply hover over menu to activate?

Cheers
Andy

celestian
May 5th, 2020, 17:06
#Celestian, Love the menu found a few cosmetic issues as a result of latest update (FGU with no extensions loaded)

1. Some Menu bar entries truncated
2. The PHB is missing from the books dropdown (I unloaded and reloaded it and still not showing)
3. Drop dwon menus sit behind open windows - so need to move windows them to select from dropdown, any chance we can have dropdown menus on top please
4. To access menu you need to click on it, is there an option to simply hover over menu to activate?

Cheers
Andy

1) Which ones? The Books listings I make best effort to make sure the window is wide enough but I don't have an API call to detect font pixel width so I use a general value so depending on what system you're using it might be off. It also matters how long the string is, the longer the worse it gets.

2) FGU is... still not in a stable state. I do my testing in FGC primarily because of performance problems and window display issues in FGU. I see the same thing you do, the PHB doesn't show in FGU but fine in FGC. I also have issues with players book view in FGU where it works fine in FGC. Players can't see ANY books.

3) I'm still trying to get direction on that from Smiteworks.

4) That's not standard drop down functionality and would cause more issues with people accidentally opening it and bring up menus they did not want.

sadwargamer
May 5th, 2020, 17:15
Celestian,

Thanks for quick response - the truncated menus are shown in attached picture of first post. Only a few opf the longer entries truncated - as mentioend just cosmetic. Undersdtood re points 2,3,4.

celestian
May 5th, 2020, 17:46
Celestian,

Thanks for quick response - the truncated menus are shown in attached picture of first post. Only a few opf the longer entries truncated - as mentioend just cosmetic. Undersdtood re points 2,3,4.

Sorry, I thought that was just part of your sig (the image).

You must be using a extension that adjusts the size of the default fonts?

sadwargamer
May 5th, 2020, 17:50
I did load the FONT Montessart extension but then tried without, additionally as I have 4k monitor I reverted to /scaleui 100 to ensure that it was plain vanilla setup - and still the menus are truncated

celestian
May 5th, 2020, 18:10
I did load the FONT Montessart extension but then tried without, additionally as I have 4k monitor I reverted to /scaleui 100 to ensure that it was plain vanilla setup - and still the menus are truncated

Strange, are you running on a MAC and/or FGU? I don't see fonts that large in any FGC or FGU myself. I run at 2560x1440. I also do not use /scaleui nor do adjust Windows Desktop "Scale and Layout" for size of text/apps/etc.

sadwargamer
May 5th, 2020, 18:42
I am running Windows 10 (64bit) with 3840x2160 scren resolution. Running FGU (Ultimate subscription) latest version and I have no font extension installed and and tested with: No Windows Scaling (though i normally use as 4k is way to small for these tired old eyes of mine!), Scaleui 100% and the following menu entries are truncated:

Menus > Combat Trac (k missing)
Records > Characte (rs missing)
Records > Encounte (rs missing)

Image attached.

I am based in the UK - so unsure oif this has any impact on which server supports my login - though I doubt this owudl casue any issues?

celestian
May 5th, 2020, 18:49
I am running Windows 10 (64bit) with 3840x2160 scren resolution. Running FGU (Ultimate subscription) latest version and I have no font extension installed and and tested with: No Windows Scaling (though i normally use as 4k is way to small for these tired old eyes of mine!), Scaleui 100% and the following menu entries are truncated:

Image attached.

I am based in the UK - so unsure oif this has any impact on which server supports my login - though I doubt this owudl casue any issues?

There is definitely something going on. I'm not sure what tho.

This is what it looks like from here.

https://i.imgur.com/P6QCrbF.png

celestian
May 6th, 2020, 01:09

Image attached.

Found the issue. Working on it for next update for FGU.

sadwargamer
May 6th, 2020, 01:43
Excellent - Thank you.

Lexfire
May 7th, 2020, 16:06
Love the new drop down menu and upcoming changes - any support or options for font type or size for older eyes

celestian
May 7th, 2020, 17:03
Love the new drop down menu and upcoming changes - any support or options for font type or size for older eyes

Thats kinda an issue for FG to resolve (outside of my influence). I'd really like to have dynamic font management overall but not sure if that will happen. Currently there is only a extension that replaces the default fonts with larger ones.

celestian
May 7th, 2020, 17:26
Here is what the menu system is looking like now. The menus now are "on top" of everything when opened. Added the ability to directly get to the reference manuals in any loaded modules you have using the "Books" menu.

https://i.imgur.com/N755Qxe.gif

Lexfire
May 7th, 2020, 18:55
Understand the font issue, above looks very nice.

Question on “to hit” and “damage” rolls dropped directly on map tokens. When in melee the active token in the combat tracker covers the target so attacks and damage will hit the attacker. Rolling over the target still shows the attackers name. It was very apparent last night when giant attacks in melee were hitting themselves. Is there a setting for that?

celestian
May 7th, 2020, 20:19
Understand the font issue, above looks very nice.

Question on “to hit” and “damage” rolls dropped directly on map tokens. When in melee the active token in the combat tracker covers the target so attacks and damage will hit the attacker. Rolling over the target still shows the attackers name. It was very apparent last night when giant attacks in melee were hitting themselves. Is there a setting for that?

I'm not sure I understand the question. "very apparent when giants attacks in melee were hitting themselves" ? Did you not want the players to see giants were hitting each other or something else?

JohnD
May 8th, 2020, 04:19
The issue was that with giants and PCs in close proximity it was very easy for damage that was supposed to be dropped on the PC to be dropped on the giant instead. The issue seemed to be the active indicator with the 4 green chevrons somehow increased the active area of the giant tokens.

celestian
May 8th, 2020, 05:55
The issue was that with giants and PCs in close proximity it was very easy for damage that was supposed to be dropped on the PC to be dropped on the giant instead. The issue seemed to be the active indicator with the 4 green chevrons somehow increased the active area of the giant tokens.

The hitbox for the initiative indicator will be disabled in the next update I push out (you can check it out on the Test channel). It's currently in my latest build but I've not released it as I test other changes. I expect those updates will be released on the 18th if all goes as I expect during my testing this weekend.

Lexfire
May 8th, 2020, 15:04

JohnD thanks - much better description.

celestian
May 12th, 2020, 05:13
Logging of class, leve, kits, races added to character sheets and a limited "revert" option.

https://i.imgur.com/WTvxYU5.gif

Quality of life to get to race/kits menus when they are not set and the new logging.

https://i.imgur.com/GzyiSjk.gif

damned
May 12th, 2020, 06:18
Wow! Great work Celestian

sadwargamer
May 12th, 2020, 09:58
Wow - awesome, cannot wait to look at this lot.
EDIT: Assume the above does not work with FGU :( as just updated and no log button.

Also the "Add level button" generates a script error in FGU and doe snot add level dragging and dropping a level works fine.

[5/12/2020 4:03:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1

celestian
May 12th, 2020, 17:21
Wow - awesome, cannot wait to look at this lot.
EDIT: Assume the above does not work with FGU :( as just updated and no log button.

Also the "Add level button" generates a script error in FGU and doe snot add level dragging and dropping a level works fine.

[5/12/2020 4:03:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1

The "preview" above it not on FGC(TEST) or FGU. Wont be till next week and it will be released.

Re: FGU and that error, it sounds like FGU doesn't have another API call that FGC does (dialog popups). I'll report it when I have the chance to test later today.

celestian
May 13th, 2020, 21:48
The latest preview is up on FGC (TEST) and FGU. Please try it out (backup your campaigns!) and let me know if you find any bugs. If all goes well I'll be pushing these out to production next Tuesday.

sadwargamer
May 13th, 2020, 23:27
Just updated FGU and the following feedback for you:

Click to Select Class, Race and Kits work great.
Clicking add level button causes this script error
[5/13/2020 11:11:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1
Menus still do not work.
The LOG button works and shows all entries, I advanced to 3rd level (fighter) normal method as add level button does not work and then I reverted to Level 2, the Fighter lost all levels and Fighter type - ie the class & level box reverted to as new character "click to select..."

celestian
May 14th, 2020, 01:14
Just updated FGU and the following feedback for you:

Click to Select Class, Race and Kits work great.
Clicking add level button causes this script error
[5/13/2020 11:11:12 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "button_addlevel"]:6: dialogMessage: Invalid parameter 1
Menus still do not work.
The LOG button works and shows all entries, I advanced to 3rd level (fighter) normal method as add level button does not work and then I reverted to Level 2, the Fighter lost all levels and Fighter type - ie the class & level box reverted to as new character "click to select..."

The messageDialog functions have changed between FGU/FGC and right now, how I use them it's not going to work. Release version will just assume the answer is "yes" in FGU. Infact, in FGC when you use the log revert feature it prompts you for each reversion... in FGU it doesn't ask... which was my intent for the query you found but I've corrected, thanks for the report.

Menus won't show until FGU adds the API functionality FGC has (ability to minimize windows). However you shouldn't get any error when you try and select it in the Preferences area any longer.

I will remove the ability to remove a "class" ... Which is what you actually do by reverting the log entry "gained a level". It's the class record, not all the bits below it.

As you've found people won't understand the nuance there... what you'd actually want to do is remove the entries added by adding the class. You will be able to revert all the features/hp/etc the class added.

I hope that people do take notice of the warning at the top of the log view and export before using these options.

Thanks!

JohnD
May 14th, 2020, 04:05
I hope that people do take notice of the warning at the top of the log view and export before using these options.

Perhaps a DM toggle to approve the level up before it's applied?

DarkPaladin3
May 14th, 2020, 12:59
I just updated my FGU 2E v2020.05.12 and the menus are not there. I change options to sidebar, restart, change to menu, restart and nothing. I even started a new campaign to see if that was the problem. Nope. No menus. Any help would be appreciated.

celestian
May 14th, 2020, 18:35
I just updated my FGU 2E v2020.05.12 and the menus are not there. I change options to sidebar, restart, change to menu, restart and nothing. I even started a new campaign to see if that was the problem. Nope. No menus. Any help would be appreciated.

Per previous discussion...

Menus won't show until FGU adds the API functionality FGC has (ability to minimize windows). However you shouldn't get any error when you try and select it in the Preferences area any longer.

celestian
May 19th, 2020, 23:37
Here is a example of the AURA effect in action. In this case Missy has a aura of 20 feet, that affects friends and gives them an bonus of 2 to their ac:

https://i.imgur.com/voaLQcV.gif

This one shows two different auras, one is a "foe" that reduces tohit by 3 (on the orc) within 20 feet. The other a protection from evil 10ft style on the "Test" character.

https://i.imgur.com/XHyJAAV.gif

I've also experimented with having a aura that causes ongoing damage to those within range and it works very well.

These aura effects are "active" such that the "check" is made at the time of the action and applied then. If the source/target move they do not persist beyond the moment of the action.

Still early experimental work but very happy how it's turning out.

DM Wyvern
May 19th, 2020, 23:41
This is monster cool. Thank you Celestian!

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2020, 23:45
Awesome work

celestian
May 20th, 2020, 16:05
The above preview of new features is now on the Test "channel".

https://i.imgur.com/wrT7HmI.png

PLEASE check it out. Use a copy of your campaign to test (dont use actual). Please check it out and see if you run into any bugs.

You can switch to the test channel by using the "Settings" button on the initial FGC launcher.

Lexfire
June 17th, 2020, 16:27
Aura question - I created a 15’ radius torch and 20’ radius light spell aura for players to apply - can the respective orange and yellow boxes turn off on the map when a player toggles the effect off and back on when they turn back on. The effects can be turned off but the box remains.

celestian
June 17th, 2020, 16:29
Aura question - I created a 15’ radius torch and 20’ radius light spell aura for players to apply - can the respective orange and yellow boxes turn off on the map when a player toggles the effect off and back on when they turn back on. The effects can be turned off but the box remains.

What method are you using to "turning it off" ?

Lexfire
June 17th, 2020, 17:22
The on/skip/off toggle under effects as a player joining as local host - the icon on the token turns off but the color square remains

celestian
June 17th, 2020, 18:42
The on/skip/off toggle under effects as a player joining as local host - the icon on the token turns off but the color square remains

I'll add the check to only display if "ON". Currently it doesn't look at active.

daggertx
September 19th, 2020, 23:41
Thank you Celestian for this stuff, its amazing.

MaxSterling
September 20th, 2020, 14:49
Thanks for all your hard work! Trying to do character creation in FGU and was wondering on Fighters is there a toggle or something for Weapon Specialization in proficiencies or something. Also new to Fantasy Grounds so not sure if this was the right place to ask.

celestian
September 20th, 2020, 21:33
Thanks for all your hard work! Trying to do character creation in FGU and was wondering on Fighters is there a toggle or something for Weapon Specialization in proficiencies or something. Also new to Fantasy Grounds so not sure if this was the right place to ask.

To make a specialization proficiency you set the hit/dmg adjustments on the weapon proficiency. As far as FG is concerned specialization or just proficient is the same as far as how you add/apply it.

Feel free to start a new thread for any question. This thread is mostly for me to post new features I've implemented/coming in an update but no harm ;)

MaxSterling
September 21st, 2020, 01:35
Thanks for getting back to me. Are you converting any rulebooks or Monster Compendiums?

celestian
December 8th, 2020, 19:46
Have not done this in a while but, here is a overview of the upcoming "Active/Deactive" tokens in encounters option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLO7fq16gtc

JohnD
December 8th, 2020, 20:45
Excellent addition!

sadwargamer
December 8th, 2020, 22:36
Wow - you read my mind - a superb feature!

Drantos
December 8th, 2020, 23:15
I love you man :-)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 9th, 2020, 03:12
Will it be possible, one day, thanks to its creation, to automate this and make active in the CT only what is in the field of vision (Line of Sight) of the character?
I know this would be complicated, because I can't imagine what it would be like if the players split up ... I think it would be crazy for DM, but it would be cool.

celestian
December 9th, 2020, 04:03
Will it be possible, one day, thanks to its creation, to automate this and make active in the CT only what is in the field of vision (Line of Sight) of the character?
I know this would be complicated, because I can't imagine what it would be like if the players split up ... I think it would be crazy for DM, but it would be cool.

Currently there is no API to know if a object can see another object.

That said, you wont want npc popping in/out of the CT because they can/cannot see them.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 9th, 2020, 04:11
In this case, my idea is as follows, say that one player is in the area where you put the Orcs and another in the area where you put the Ghouls, and if one of the enemies leaves the field of view of the character he would be hidden in combat the same tracker, that is, they would be individual characters in different areas and each one would have their group of enemies visible only to themselves, but that's where the confusion comes because both groups would appear on your combat tracker.

celestian
December 9th, 2020, 07:01
If you mean "hide" it from the player and not remove it from the CT, yes, that could work... if/when they add an API to know that sorta thing. The activate/deactivate is not the same thing but I get the gist of what you're saying.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
December 9th, 2020, 11:05
Yes! I Mean hide! ;)

sadwargamer
December 9th, 2020, 20:15
@celestian - get this error on all characters when trying to make a saving throw with todays update:

[12/9/2020 8:12:33 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:223: attempt to index field 'rJSON' (a nil value)

celestian
December 9th, 2020, 20:26
@celestian - get this error on all characters when trying to make a saving throw with todays update:

[12/9/2020 8:12:33 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:223: attempt to index field 'rJSON' (a nil value)

Checking.

celestian
December 9th, 2020, 20:40

Found the issue. I'll submit a update and try to get it pushed out today. This is a game-breaking issue. Apologies for the mistake ;(

sadwargamer
December 9th, 2020, 20:44
Wow that was fast work Celestian, thanks - and no problem bugs are inevitable in software. Also it does not really break the game simply means you have to manually do the rolls in the chat window - no big issue. Cheers.

celestian
December 10th, 2020, 17:10
Wow that was fast work Celestian, thanks - and no problem bugs are inevitable in software. Also it does not really break the game simply means you have to manually do the rolls in the chat window - no big issue. Cheers.

The update went out this morning. Should be working for you now.

sadwargamer
December 10th, 2020, 17:36
Yep that update fixed the issue - thanks.

celestian
December 10th, 2020, 18:40
This isn't specific to the 2E ruleset but has features that are enhanced because of the 2E ruleset. My original post on the Encounter Safari extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64311-Encounter-Safari-Random-Encounter-Table-generator) can be found on the forums here.

Here is the preview video I put together for the extension.

I am releasing this here for the 2E users to try out and test. Download at the end of this post. Once it's officially out I'll remove this download and link to the project post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhKBqjb848g

Download here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64311-Encounter-Safari-Random-Encounter-Table-generator&p=563381&viewfull=1#post563381)

galfaroth2000
December 11th, 2020, 04:14
Amazing!!!

Merell
December 12th, 2020, 11:20
Celestian, are you planing to add this into 2E or are you going to keep this as an extension only?

celestian
December 12th, 2020, 18:40
Celestian, are you planing to add this into 2E or are you going to keep this as an extension only?

My plans are to keep it as an extension since, right now at least, 90% of the code is system agnostic.

sadwargamer
December 14th, 2020, 17:41
#celestian, not sure if its meant to be implementes yet but just trying out the activate/deactivate token fetaure as the buttons are showing with latest update and I get this message in window (and tokens do not deactivate): s'Not implemented yet.'

celestian
December 14th, 2020, 18:08
#celestian, not sure if its meant to be implementes yet but just trying out the activate/deactivate token fetaure as the buttons are showing with latest update and I get this message in window (and tokens do not deactivate): s'Not implemented yet.'

The means it's not implemented in that version. Until Smiteworks pushes out the latest update I sent in last week, it will continue to say that.

sadwargamer
December 14th, 2020, 18:15
#Celestian - thaks for quick response - but also getting weird behaviour on combat tracker, basically PCs show for players, but not for DM. When I had them from Party Sheet, DM sees 1 of each PC, but players get two of each PC. Also the one only visible to PCs does not react to initiative roll... but the one steh DM sees do... - everyone uploaded to latest version and we have rebooted

celestian
December 14th, 2020, 18:32
#Celestian - thaks for quick response - but also getting weird behaviour on combat tracker, basically PCs show for players, but not for DM. When I had them from Party Sheet, DM sees 1 of each PC, but players get two of each PC. Also the one only visible to PCs does not react to initiative roll... but the one steh DM sees do... - everyone uploaded to latest version and we have rebooted

That is a known issue unfortunately and will be resolved in the aforementioned update ;( IT's related to the active/deactive token feature.

sadwargamer
December 14th, 2020, 20:39
Thanks Celestian, shame as now the Maps are not showing to all players - game abandoned as with no map and two PCs on Combat tracker its become unplayable... also seems a lot slower this update.

Not sure why smiteworks would release an update with known bugs...better to leave the working version in place and then roll up all the new features etc into one release.

celestian
December 15th, 2020, 00:31
Thanks Celestian, shame as now the Maps are not showing to all players - game abandoned as with no map and two PCs on Combat tracker its become unplayable... also seems a lot slower this update.

Map displaying shouldn't be having any issues and is unrelated to the previously mentioned bug.

You can try using the "test" channel and see if that resolves your double entries in client CT. That should be the update thats coming in week from Tuesday ,unless I add further updates.

sadwargamer
December 15th, 2020, 09:47
Cheers Celestian, I will await update and go from there.

celestian
December 27th, 2020, 03:46
The upcoming changes to the 2E ruleset have some big changes for the DMs combat tracker view. These changes were made to improve performance and provide a more concise view. These changes are specific to the combat tracker. The NPC and Character sheets remain unchanged. This new system is inplace in the "test" channel in FGC/FGU. It will go live in the coming weeks. Please take the time and check it out if you can.

The [Blocked] text will highlight and can be double clicked or drag/dropped to activate as before, the only change is the view.

This is the new PC view.
https://i.imgur.com/dK4rCev.jpg

NPC with extensive spells and powers.
https://i.imgur.com/SfWb4Zi.jpg

You can mouse over various items to get specific information about certain entries.
https://i.imgur.com/4lRL2xe.png

You can drag/drop or double click on the highlighted text to activate it.
https://i.imgur.com/FtvbNMP.png

Double clicking to initiate a save versus spells for a selected target.
https://i.imgur.com/DEcIMZQ.jpeg

The statblock was moved to the stats tab to reduce display space on the main section.
https://i.imgur.com/lc7uGaj.png

I've also made various performance changes in how effects are handled in the CT that improve performance.

JohnD
December 27th, 2020, 04:23
Bob is in for a bad time.

prometheus13
December 31st, 2020, 04:11

Who is Bob?

damned
December 31st, 2020, 04:21
Bob is looking like becoming the guest of the Lich and his Orc henchmen.

prometheus13
December 31st, 2020, 04:28
Ahh. I see it now. Tester Bob!

TheFlyingGribble
December 31st, 2020, 10:38

893 HP? He can take it ;-)

damned
December 31st, 2020, 14:19
Bob is just out for his morning constitutional.

truthman
January 3rd, 2021, 18:37
Hi All, an old gaming group of mine is planning to restart an old 1e campaign using the extension. So far, it is amazing but I have having a weird issue when I set a cleric's wisdom to 17. It works fine in 2e but when I add the 1e extension and load the character, I get an error popping up in the console: Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_abilityscores.lua"]:164: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I opened up the extension lua and don't see anything but have not learned lua yet and I don't know where to find the manager lua script mentioned in the error message to check it out. Sometimes it also sets the Wisdom total to 1 with a (17) underneath with a tooltip saying "Actual ability score before effects". A wisdom of 16 does not seem to cause the issue so I can work around it for now.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

prometheus13
January 4th, 2021, 13:50
I had this issue with a 17 Wisdom as well using the 1e extension.

truthman
January 8th, 2021, 02:46
Thanks for posting a fix for the 17 WIS issue with the 1e extension

celestian
January 8th, 2021, 05:43
Thanks for posting a fix for the 17 WIS issue with the 1e extension

In future you should post issues with that extension in it's thread so others will be aware of those issues. It's also not an official extension as well and I'd like to not confuse people into thinking there is "official" 1e support.

truthman
January 8th, 2021, 13:19
Okay. Found that thread now. Will do.

RespawningPleaseWait
January 19th, 2021, 19:25
Please allow me to complain about the new 2E combat tracker.

Rather than take the standard internet approach of doing my best impression of a rabid lion receiving a proctological exam, I'll attempt to keep this to constructive criticism.

Meet Asheria, an intrepid first level wizard with a desire for adventure, loot, and a lifespan exceeding 5 minutes in her first dungeon.

Asheria has a wonderful spellbook, and the memory capacity of a Commodore Vic 20, having 1 spell available.
A look at the new combat tracker shows me that spell is ... um ... let's just see here ... Oh, it's magic missle. The one with a "x1" in the middle of the text.

That wasn't too bad.
Until she's 18th level, with upwards of a hundred spells in her spellbook, of which one or two of each level is memorized and the combat tracker becomes a giant Wall 'O Text.

Could we please have the ability back to turn off display of spells that aren't memorized?
Do it for Asheria.
Do it for the children.

Or maybe just please do it for my sanity?
Thanks.

celestian
January 19th, 2021, 19:47
The reason I did not "hide" unmemorized spells is because NPCs do not NEED to memorize them to use in many cases and a lot of the spells on npcs in various products have the spells present for them but do not memorize.

However, PCs are their own thing which I'm guessing is what you're referring to and in 99% of the cases DM will not be using spells from a PC... NPCs will have books but will only ever have a set number ready to use so are not loaded onto the NPC proper (or shouldn't be).

I did test out having spells hidden that were not memorized but I quickly saw how, as a DM, I didn't like it being removed for various reasons, one of which was if you cast and then need to do damage...

PCs on the other hand will always present their own issues and more than once I came close to not showing their actions in the CT for that reason like most of the other rulesets do... but, I think having it there is better than not even with those issues.

bayne7400
January 20th, 2021, 11:29
At first I was against it (the way you did CT-new things bad!) but after playing a game it actually speeds up combat quite a bit. Especially with a new player to FGU. Plus you can see stuff without having to open their character sheet. I saw the same thing with spells but the player can just use their powers tab.

RespawningPleaseWait
January 26th, 2021, 19:40
Is this the right place to report an apparent bug?

I'm playtesting (no players connected) so this is just the DM view.

If I roll damage from the character sheet action tab damage box, it works correctly, rolling 1d8+6 (blue box in attached image).
If I roll damage from the combat tracker DMG button bracket thingie (the technical term) it instead rolls 1d8+4 (red box in attached image).

celestian
January 26th, 2021, 22:12
Is this the right place to report an apparent bug?

I'm playtesting (no players connected) so this is just the DM view.

If I roll damage from the character sheet action tab damage box, it works correctly, rolling 1d8+6 (blue box in attached image).
If I roll damage from the combat tracker DMG button bracket thingie (the technical term) it instead rolls 1d8+4 (red box in attached image).

it was reported in discord, I am planning to look into it this weekend. Missed this because most people do not run pc powers from the CT as the players do it from their end.

celestian
January 26th, 2021, 23:15
it was reported in discord, I am planning to look into it this weekend. Missed this because most people do not run pc powers from the CT as the players do it from their end.

Found the issue, was not properly applying the weapon prof adjustments to weapons in the CT.

celestian
January 27th, 2021, 22:32
When correcting a bug found in the ruleset using FGU Auras I also noticed this.

https://i.imgur.com/4lnQaQD.png

FGU ignores .5 distances.

Because of that... auras will trigger if you're "just" outside of them also (i.e. your range == aura range) in FGU.

In FGC we don't have to do that but if I do not, in FGU it wont work in you're half-in (in the above example you'd still be 10 ft away) the aura. Because of the way FGU measures (ignores .5) then I had to set it to trigger when "touching" distance also.

This is mostly an FYI.

celestian
February 9th, 2021, 23:33
There is an update on the Test channel that contains the updated version of the ruleset for the new 2021-02 updates coming out. 99% of the changes to that are developer updates. Meaning, you guys will not notice most of the changes but they are very deep in the system so could cause unforeseen issues if everything was not addressed as needed.

Because of that I'd like to ask if you can please try the Test channel out and see if things do work as expected. Make SURE to not run it on any of your actual campaigns (copy the campaign folder to another name and use that for testing). Always always always backup your important data. I do not expect there will be any issues but, always backup.

There are some changes in this, specifically more to try and improve performance when you have a lot of tokens (even ones not active in the CT) on the map. I've implemented a new "cache" system and for me it seems to be a big improvement. I will test further but I am hoping this opens the door a bit wider so that you can use the active/deactive tokens on larger maps with lots of encounters.

celestian
April 17th, 2021, 21:22
There was a discussion in discord one day about "I really would like to be able to have a point blank range for missile specialist." and it got me thinking how to do that.

The update for this should be available April 27th.

The effect works like this: IFT:RANGE(30);ATK:2

If the target is within ## range it applies the following effects. In this case, +2 to hit. In the screen shot below you can see it applies the [EFFECTS +2] on one of the creatures but not the other because its > 30.

https://i.imgur.com/93A2c87.jpg

JohnD
April 18th, 2021, 00:58
Nice!

Grumpzz
April 20th, 2021, 23:08
Awesome! I like it

celestian
May 6th, 2021, 00:05
I will be submitting an update tomorrow that will remove the "Active/Deactive" visible token option. I am doing this because a lot of DMs are not familiar with it's function and use it. When they do they "lose" tokens and can't figure out what they are doing. There is also the fact that FGC/U both have issues with "hidden" tokens (performance issues). It's not something I could work around (FG has resource issues when dealing with even a moderate amount of data).

After the update is out I will release a extension (not immediately) that will do the same thing. As an extension its something that you have to be aware of before you can use it since you have to download it and install it.

I don't expect this will affect many (if anyone) but I wanted to give a heads up.

sadwargamer
May 6th, 2021, 09:54
Well I for one will be getting the extension as this is a fantastic feature which I do use every game session.

Regarding performace, it certainly has taken a hit lately, its just not as good as a few months back - well thats my perception during play. Additionally when there are more than say 15-20 tokens on combat tracker FGU really suffers, especially if some of them have spell casting powers so anytthing to improve performance is most welcome.

celestian
May 6th, 2021, 16:18
Well I for one will be getting the extension as this is a fantastic feature which I do use every game session.

Regarding performace, it certainly has taken a hit lately, its just not as good as a few months back - well thats my perception during play. Additionally when there are more than say 15-20 tokens on combat tracker FGU really suffers, especially if some of them have spell casting powers so anytthing to improve performance is most welcome.

I will attempt to get the extension out the same week as the update but no promises as my day job is insanely busy right now.

celestian
May 19th, 2021, 01:09
There is a new "Presets" window under effects (for FGU only) that has various light types for candle, lantern/etc. Right now those are the "defaults" that CoreRPG sets. I wasn't aware of the feature until today so... if you want the 2E values, use the "Custom" effects for lighting (from the PHB).

I will be looking into the CoreRPG presets option and see about changing those to match 2E. If I can, I'll remove the "Custom" effects from the PHB so there is no confusion.

This is more of an FYI. I'll see if I can sort out a update for this before Friday but as I have a day job it might have to wait until the weekend and be in the following submission deadline.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 08:49
Hi Celestian, Small issue with Light spell effects from effects window:

When I add "LIGHT: 60;Light spell" from the effects window to a character in the Combat tracker, the light effect does not work (same for LIGHT: 20; light spell).
I need to edit it and add a preset for it to work e.g.; "LIGHT: 60 torch;light spell" or "LIGHT: 60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
I assume the text after the semi colan is purely descriptive.

Question: Currently if you set say 60ft for a Light effect there is a Fade off of 15ft at the edges, a Light spell would not have such fade off - how do we remvoe the Fade off effect within the Light Spell area please?
I have worked out that adding /60 after the range will prevent the light effect going beyond the 60ft - "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
I can almost do the effect using the Lighting panel on the map, as the controlling entry appears to be "Falloff" applicable for both bright and Dim ranges, but that has a minimum entry of 1ft and you woudl have to reset it every time you change dmaps for each character...so not ideal
Thanks.

celestian
May 19th, 2021, 16:40
Hi Celestian, Small issue with Light spell effects from effects window:

When I add "LIGHT: 60;Light spell" from the effects window to a character in the Combat tracker, the light effect does not work (same for LIGHT: 20; light spell).
I need to edit it and add a preset for it to work e.g.; "LIGHT: 60 torch;light spell" or "LIGHT: 60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
I assume the text after the semi colan is purely descriptive.

Question: Currently if you set say 60ft for a Light effect there is a Fade off of 15ft at the edges, a Light spell would not have such fade off - how do we remvoe the Fade off effect within the Light Spell area please?
I have worked out that adding /60 after the range will prevent the light effect going beyond the 60ft - "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF;Light spell"
I can almost do the effect using the Lighting panel on the map, as the controlling entry appears to be "Falloff" applicable for both bright and Dim ranges, but that has a minimum entry of 1ft and you woudl have to reset it every time you change dmaps for each character...so not ideal
Thanks.

That "drop off" or "dim range" or whatever it's called was added after I created the effects. I was not aware that apparently those values are required to negate the drop off/dim. I'm working on Presets this week and trying to figure out a way to negate the drop off/dim as a default since it doesn't fit 2e.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 17:31
Excellent Celestian - thank you.

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2021, 17:37
As I mentioned to Celestian in our Discord discussion. The light fade-offs are a trade-off between the light regions that most game systems rely on as well as creating a bit of aesthetics so the boundaries are not so stark. Also, since lights are additive in nature, removing fall-off will cause lights to bloom to white when overlapping almost immediately. The fall-off helps to reduce this bloom effect.

Regards,
JPG

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 17:48
HI Moon Wizard, fully understand what you saying about lights such as Candles, torches etc...and I agree and like teh ways such lights are implemenetd.
But when it comes to a light Spell, then there is no drop off, the light fills the entire area with the same amount of illumination at the origin and the edges of its effect, - these also no additive effect as the magical light provides a fixed illumionation, mundane or other magical liughts cannot enhance that... I also like to play its a hard stop for magical light spells at the max distance of effect - beyond that no light. But this is my way of playing magical light and I do not expect FGU to implement what I like - but woudl be great of there were custom settings I could configure. They must be there as the lighting panel allows for what I want to be aded to a character, but nee dthe fall off to be set to 0, currently minimum is 1 I believe, and these settings accessible via custom effects. if at all possible :)

Sterno
May 19th, 2021, 18:02
@sadwargamer What you're describing is already possible.

If you want your Continual Light spell to fill 60 feet with no falloff or dim light, you can specify the "Bright" to be 60 and the "Dim" to be 60 in the lighting interface. Or, if you're doing it via effect, you could do something like "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF" which essentially says "create it as Bright 60, Dim 60, pure white light". That FFFFFFFF is the hex color code and you could change it to whatever you desire.

You can also edit the predefined "Light spell" effect by going into Options and clicking the "Token Lights" option. It'll bring up a list of the pre-defined effects for token lights, and you can edit them or add new ones there to whatever you desire (such as if you wish to set bright and dim to be the same for light spells). Note that this only affects the preset "effect" lights... it doesn't change the presets that you see in the image/lighting interface.

Last but not least, something that I think brings confusion to a lot of people (me included) is that I think a lot of people see something like "Bright 60, Dim 60" and think "Okay, that's 60 feet of bright light, and another 60 feet of dim light". That's not how it works. It means from the point of origin, bright light goes out 60 feet. Dim light goes out 60 feet too, which means you effectively don't see it (because it's already bright light in that 60 feet).

Also note that when specifying lighting via effects, if you only specify the bright range, it defaults the dim range to double whatever bright was set to. So if instead of "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF" for continual light you did "LIGHT: 60 FFFFFFFF", you'd find out that you can actually see 120 feet instead of 60, because that is effectively the same as "LIGHT: 60/120 FFFFFFFF", which means "Bright 60, Dim 120".

Like you, I want my light spells to have no falloff, and I guess what I'm trying to say is that you want to do this by setting bright/dim to the same number rather than trying to play with the actual "falloff" values.

Moon Wizard's point seems to be that if you do your lights like that, though, you'll get a more noticeable bloom effect when multiple lights overlap. There is no way for us to control the behavior of overlapping lights.

celestian
May 19th, 2021, 18:06
HI Moon Wizard, fully understand what you saying about lights such as Candles, torches etc...and I agree and like teh ways such lights are implemenetd.
But when it comes to a light Spell, then there is no drop off, the light fills the entire area with the same amount of illumination at the origin and the edges of its effect, - these also no additive effect as the magical light provides a fixed illumionation, mundane or other magical liughts cannot enhance that... I also like to play its a hard stop for magical light spells at the max distance of effect - beyond that no light. But this is my way of playing magical light and I do not expect FGU to implement what I like - but woudl be great of there were custom settings I could configure. They must be there as the lighting panel allows for what I want to be aded to a character, but nee dthe fall off to be set to 0, currently minimum is 1 I believe, and these settings accessible via custom effects. if at all possible :)

It's more of a visual thing than a mechanic. If you set continual light "LIGHT: 50/60 lantern" it will still only "mechanically" show 60 feet out (tokens/walls/etc), the visual will show a "bloom" effect for the 50-60 range giving it a more appealing visual.

If you really want the hard stop LIGHT: 60/60 lantern does it.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 21:23
Hi Celestian, Storno, Moon Wizard,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to explain and help out here much appreciated, and this lighting is pretty awesome already...and worked very well in my game tonight...hoping to make my next adevnture really take adavanatge of the effects as now with limited vision you can have some great encounters...

I have already added "LIGHT: 60/60 FFFFFFFF" to the effects tab in the combat tracker for a character, and 100% agree no light beyond 60ft. But I do get a "bloom, falloff, shading" whatever you call it within the last 10 to 15ft of the effect and it is this I want to get rid of.
If I set the Light effect in the lighting panel to Bright 60, Dim 60 and the falloff to each to 1 (this is the minimum as it will not accept 0). I get what I am after - almost - that fallof of 1ft is just visible but I can easily live with that.

A picture to explain: left shows "Light: 60/60 FFFFFFFF" and the right is the lighting panel effect of Bright 60, Dim 60 and the falloff ofeach to 1 - difference is very clear...there is a shading in last 10-15ft of Light effect but not from lighting panel (apart from last 1ft)

Hope fully this makes it clearer what I am trying to achieve.
Thanks

Moon Wizard
May 19th, 2021, 22:12
You can't change the falloff amounts in the raw effects. You can go into Options->Token Lights; and set up token light presets to use in effects. (such as "LIGHT: torch")

Regards,
JPG

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 22:31
@Moon Wizard, Options > Token Lights is what I was looking for - this allows me to set it so I get no falloff withinn the LIGHT effect (well apart from that 1ft but its barely visible), this is what I was after - thank you.

BTW, I am unable to delete any Effects when I add them in OPTIONS > TOKEN LIGHTS - its simply displays the selected effect when I click the stop sign to delete...

celestian
May 19th, 2021, 22:35
@Moon Wizard, Options > Token Lights is what I was looking for - this allows me to set it so I get no falloff withinn the LIGHT effect (well apart from that 1ft but its barely visible), this is what I was after - thank you.

BTW, I am unable to delete any Effects when I add them in OPTIONS > TOKEN LIGHTS - its simply displays the selected effect when I click the stop sign to delete...

I noticed that as well but you CAN right click and delete them from radial.

sadwargamer
May 19th, 2021, 22:46
@Celestian, thanks radial delete works fine :)

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2021, 01:13
I'll fix up the delete buttons in the next CoreRPG push.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
May 20th, 2021, 16:38
There is a new "Presets" window under effects (for FGU only) that has various light types for candle, lantern/etc. Right now those are the "defaults" that CoreRPG sets. I wasn't aware of the feature until today so... if you want the 2E values, use the "Custom" effects for lighting (from the PHB).

I will be looking into the CoreRPG presets option and see about changing those to match 2E. If I can, I'll remove the "Custom" effects from the PHB so there is no confusion.

This is more of an FYI. I'll see if I can sort out a update for this before Friday but as I have a day job it might have to wait until the weekend and be in the following submission deadline.

I've submitted the update that should show up for live on Tuesday for the above mentioned and other related fixes.

celestian
July 19th, 2021, 18:33
As of the 2021.07.19 ruleset version (will be out next Tuesday 2021/07/27) the encounter system I created for the "safari" extension will now be built into 2E. This video I made explaining how it works details how to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhKBqjb848g

prometheus13
July 19th, 2021, 18:43
Nice. Thank you for this and all the good work!

readymeal
July 20th, 2021, 15:37
Great stuff as usual Mike, and nice to hear your voice again ;)

celestian
July 20th, 2021, 15:46
Great stuff as usual Mike, and nice to hear your voice again ;)

Hah, thats an older video ;) Hopefully that issue will be resolved in a month or so, still waiting on various things.

celestian
October 7th, 2021, 16:40
This is mostly for those of you that are deeper in things in the ruleset and are using spell properties for the extended save effects.

The next update coming next week will contain this list of available properties.

-- list of "power" types that can be in cast property fields
powertypes = {
"bleed",
"blind",
"charm",
"dark",
"fear",
"light",
"mind",
"sleep",
"stun",
"abjuration",
"alteration",
"conjuration/summoning",
"conjuration",
"summoning",
"enchantment/charm",
"enchantment",
"divination",
"illusion",
"phantasm",
"invocation/evocation",
"invocation",
"evocation",
"lesser divination",
"greater divination",
"necromancy",
"psionic"
}

Each of these can be used in "SAVE:4,sleep,mind,necromancy" style saves. They will function when the spell has a matching property entry.

celestian
March 7th, 2022, 18:11
Due to changes in fonts in FGU I've had to make some updates to certain areas in the ruleset to allow the text to appear as normal and not truncated. I'll submit that this week.

celestian
July 28th, 2022, 18:02
There is a new version of the 2E ruleset on the Test channel that implements the update system changes from 4.2.2. In theory nothing should be different from the user side of things but the backend had some code shuffling to make use of those recent changes. If you have time please try and run some tests on the Test Channel and see how things work for you and if you encounter any issues let me know.

As always, backup everything and only use copied campaigns if you want to test an existing one (never work on the Live campaign).

amanwing
August 3rd, 2022, 15:41
There is a new version of the 2E ruleset on the Test channel that implements the update system changes from 4.2.2. In theory nothing should be different from the user side of things but the backend had some conde shuffling to make use of those recent changes. If you have time please try and run some tests on the Test Channel and see how things work for you and if you encounter any issues let me know.

As always, backup everything and only use copied campaigns if you want to test an existing one (never work on the Live campaign).

Thanks for your work celestian!

celestian
October 3rd, 2022, 18:03
New update for the AD&D 2E ruleset is on the Test channel. It includes several updates on the backend to improve standardization with CoreRPG. If no errors are found it will be the next release version.

bmos
October 3rd, 2022, 18:15
edit: disregard

celestian
October 6th, 2022, 22:34
New update for the AD&D 2E ruleset is on the Test channel. It includes several updates on the backend to improve standardization with CoreRPG. If no errors are found it will be the next release version.

Another update pushed to TEST fixing a few lingering issues.