PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Modules as a GM

Azaris
March 21st, 2020, 18:01
Okay, I'm new, I'm already hating this system and I'm struggling with it, so have patience with me lol. If, as a GM, if I purchase the damn player's handbook for 5E on fantasy grounds, will I be able to share that module with my players so that they can make their own characters for the campaign?

stephan_
March 21st, 2020, 18:14
Yes, as long as they are connected to your server.

Azaris
March 21st, 2020, 18:19
Do they have the option to build their characters once they've entered my campaign server?

Trenloe
March 21st, 2020, 18:25
Do they have the option to build their characters once they've entered my campaign server?
Yes they do. This is very often the best way - have a sessions 0 (or a one-on-one session with each player) to facilitate everyone creating their PC.

stephan_
March 21st, 2020, 18:26
Unless I am misunderstanding something, yes, as long as the GM has the PHB (and either an Ultimate license or all connected players a Standard license) and the players are connected, they can build their characters using these materials.

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2020, 20:24
If you are struggling with FG and the user manual, wiki, and YouTube videos are not helping, I'll suggest you take a free class or three at https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

Bonkon
March 23rd, 2020, 21:02
Good Day Azaris :)
A good way for you to see exactly what your players will see is, after you open your campaign, open a second FG and select "Join Game".
Put in a User Name and type in localhost then press the Start button. It will join your game and you can mess around in it the same way your players do.