PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder: Dawn of Flame new campaign, looking for 2 players

Nutter4Ever
March 21st, 2020, 13:58
FG License: FGC Ultimate
Game System: Starfinder
I have most of the source books (missing alien archive 3, but willing to manually enter those details if necessary). No 3rd party material allowed.

Time Zone: Sundays, 6PM GMT
Planned start date: Depending on interest. Session 0 will be the first sunday after forming up.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hours, fortnightly.
Term: Full adventure path, which can be about a 2 years give or take.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Fair bit of mixed, but I'll play it by ear with the group. But there will be combat, and there will be roleplaying
Number of Players in game & needed: 2 players needed, (2 friends will be joining as players)
Character starting level & equipment: First 1, 1000 credits. Standard rules.
Character restrictions: No restrictions, but no intentional power gaming please.

Details of your scenario: It's the Paizo Dawn of Flame Adventure Path (AP), but part of the AP description is:

A magical portal to the Plane of Fire disappears into the sun just after creatures exit it for the first time in recorded history. An overwhelming telepathic burst from within the sun quickly follows, and a scientist recruits the heroes to help her find out what's going on. The mission takes the heroes to the Burning Archipelago, a bubble city in the sun's atmosphere, and Asanatown, the lashunta enclave there, to meet with another scientist who can help.

For the most part I'll be running the AP straight, I try not to keep it too railroady, but at the same time if you go too far off the tracks, I might have to bump you back onto the tracks. As much as I like the idea of open worlds and you can get in your ship and just go anywhere I do really like the story aspect of the adventure paths along with it's easy enough for me to prep in and around my other games and work. But at least I'm being upfront.

Couple of things about my GMing style and pet peeves.

My GMing style its by the book but also fairly loose, if I don't know the right rule off the top of my head, if it's life or death then we'll look it up, if it's case of not really making too much difference then I'll wing it. I don't like pausing the game too long to look up rules. And my decisions are final, if I read a rule and go with one decsion in game please don't argue just go with it, and we can look it up and such after. I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong just again not going to stop the game to look up definitation for misinterpetable rules mid game and refuse continue until a definative answer is found. I'm also a fairly generous GM when it comes to assumptions, and reminding players of what their characters would and wouldn't know.

Pet peeves, this is more characters and some choices. I don't mind the stupid idea that works, but at the same token I don't care how skilled you are at bluffing you can't convice the dragon your the cleaning crew for their lair, but you can certainly try it if you want. I don't mind if your player is a bit daft, but I dislike stupidity, and may veto it if it's just for the lols. And finally glory hogging, I don't mind if you want to kick open the door and shoot first, but I will check in with everyone occasionally to see if the group as a whole might like to sneak into the next room, or try diplomacy once in a while.

Final note on character concept background (most of this will also be covered in session zero but I know what people are like for coming up with concepts and background before hand) all the players will be part of a crew of a ship, have previously found reasons to work together and can at least tolerate each others company to work towards a common goals. So try to avoid anything too extreme that might cause PvP in the group. On that note, I won't generally allow direct PvP, but grenades and AoE can happen. (Just not targeted explictly at a player).

Jim1829
March 21st, 2020, 16:35
I'm very interested. I've been looking at Starfinder lately and have long wanted to play in a sci-fi setting. I don't have the core rule book, but that can be remedied easily.

Brad711
March 21st, 2020, 19:20
I am interested in joining been wanting to play starfinder for a long time and this will give me a chance to check it out. I have the core rule book but i only did a skim and didn't read a lot through the book so i know very little.

Nutter4Ever
March 21st, 2020, 21:07
Okies, I have no idea if I can close a thread. But for the moment please consider this closed.

Dg1707
March 26th, 2020, 04:51
If you end up needing another, I would love to join! I can play whatever the party might need

elecguru
March 26th, 2020, 17:35
Hello if any openings become available i would love to play.