PDA

View Full Version : DnD Ghost of Salt Marsh Twice monthly Saturdays 10-2 pm

jojomott
March 21st, 2020, 04:54
My name is Jeff and I would like to be your Game Master, Every Other Saturdays, 10-2pm PST. 4-6 players.

Looking for a group of like minded compatible players. I run a balanced game (RP, Combat, Exploration) that can range from politics to mystery to adventure driven by the players in a living world (you will encounter things you should not tangle with and mysteries you should not unravel. You will know when this is the case and you will decide how to proceed. I will not drop you in the ****. But you will choose to jump into the **** of your own accord. You are heroes after all. And that's what heroes do)

We will start in Saltmarsh. But you will be free to wonder wherever you please. All of the modules and more will be available to explore if you choose. If you know where something is located and you decide to go looking for it, so be it.

We will start at 3rd level. No multi class.
We will play Rules as Written with variant rules discussed in a session zero.
We will have a Session zero to create charters, talk about what we want to do as a group.
At session Zero a key will be to establish the relationships with each other. You will be a group of people that already know each other and are together for some reason. Bring ideas to the table for this session. What interests you? See below

Your characters can be any class or any race from the published WoTC material.
You should be interested in working as a group of characters towards a common goal.
You should be respectful of the other players and the game. No unwanted PvP.
You should want to help each other succeed more then you want you own character to succeed.
No graphic sexual content (we will all be adults. But any actual sexual encounters will happen off screen and will not be described except in vague terms)
There will be violent descriptions and horror elements, and death. But not glorified. nd no overt sexual violence (the occasional towns maiden captured by flesh eating goblins, can you rescue her? Can you save her from the summoned creature come to do unspeakable things. The ritual has begun. You can hear the drums. Your time is limited. What do you do?) Always in context. The world is terrifying and dangerous. It needs heroes to make it bearable.

The game would be in Faerune, and whatever knowledge you want to bring to the table about that world I would assume it was information your character knew. It doesn't mean it true, only that you know it (It'll be set in Faerune, but I'll add and subtract for flavor).

I played 1 ed in the early 80's. I DMed a campaign in 2e about five years ago. And I've run a couple of three campaigns in 5e since then. Hoard of the dragon for a while. And two homebrew campaigns in a homebrew setting.
I am not the greatest Role Player and over the internet I find it sometimes difficult. But I try. I would hope you do too. You don't have to put on a silly voice, you can speak in your own voice. But you should try to think and speak what what your character would. As I try to think like the NPCs. We should forgive each other our shortcomings when it comes to improvisational acting and know that as we grow as a table we will become more comfortable with each other.

I would run the game in Fantasy grounds and over discord. Voice only. Maybe video in the future.

If interested, send me a message answering the following questions:

How long have you been playing DnD and what editions have you played?
What are you most interested in (RP, Combat, exploration, politics)?
Have you played in Faerūn before? Have you played other published adventures before?
Are you interested in exploring older modules from older editions?
Are you available consistently every other Saturday?
Do you create any type of art? (I paint water colors, write poetry and prose (not well) and sketch)ask me for my instagram handle if you are interested)

About the game
What are a couple of reason that you think the group would be together? (i.e. you belong to a pirate crew, you are each members of a geographical society, you were all once in an army squad back in the civil war. Your side lost. Now you've taken up adventuring, but your all waiting for the call of your comrades, the banners will rise again!"
What characters types do you like to play? Are you willing to play something else?
What is your fondest memory form playing?