PDA

View Full Version : Cannot login or register username after unity purchase

hefebrain
March 21st, 2020, 02:44
UPDATE [RESOLVED]

Hello, I had to create a second account to post this. So I just purchased Unity today and some content modules, but the site wouldn't let me login, even though I successfully received a license key from Paypal. And they successfully took my money. But I cannot login with the name and password I bought it with.
Huh? It says I need to register first. Okay. But that username is taken. Okay. I'll click on forgot my password, even though I didn't b/c I use a password manager.... I put in my email address. NO EMAIL. Okay. I'll try registering with a different username, but the same email address. "That Email is in use already" Okay.... grrrrrrr. Send an email to support. No response (not even an automated one - it's been 5 hours). So now I register a new account (this one) with a new email. Cool. I get a confirmation email right away. Click back and I'm in. I can install the program. It accepts my key. It accepts my (this) username and password. It loads stuff. Click on Data Module Activation. None of my purchases are there. Grrrr.... okay. Probably because they are linked to the other username/email. Okay. Check order status. Nothing there. Duh because I didn't buy it with this username. Logout. Go to check order status. Asks me to login. Invalid username or password. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! I have the receipt from Paypal - but I'm considering canceling it if someone in support doesn't get back to me.

I'm trying to be patient, and the world is crazy right now, but I'm at my limit. Again this is Unity, there is no Manage button on the updater.

damned
March 21st, 2020, 02:55
he hefebrain please email [email protected] with as much detail as possible

hefebrain
March 21st, 2020, 03:08
Yeah thanks. I've already did that hours ago. I've received no response. BTW I said as much above. I just sent a PM to ddavison too. I suspect I'm in the "Users awaiting email confirmation" limbo since I never got the original email. And this site has no process for Resend Confirmation. :(

damned
March 21st, 2020, 03:18
Well this username is registered ok.
I can view the status but not change it.
You will need to wait on support for your issue.

jermainiac
March 21st, 2020, 16:02
Issue fixed THANK YOU SUPPORT!!!!