PDA

View Full Version : LFP Forming New Group 2-4 Players Mon Night 7 PM ET USA 5E Home-brew

CGPanama
March 20th, 2020, 23:52
FG License: FGU Standard
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Mondays at 7 PM ET
If new game, planned start date: March 30 or April depending on when Players full
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 to 4 hour sessions, Weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice and/or video
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75/25, heavily storyteller/role player
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 6 total, 2 prospective players, at least to more needed
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, basic equipment, 1 magic item acquired in prologue.
Character restrictions: Core PHB

Details of your scenario: This is a home-brew campaign I was designing when my last group disbanded about 20 years ago. It has wormed its way through my brain while I took a break for work/life/family. Now I am an empty nester getting back into RPG. For more info on history see this thread: LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Mon Tue or Thurs EDT US Time Zone 5e (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54527-LFG-1-Player-LF-Weeknight-Game-Mon-Tue-or-Thurs-EDT-US-Time-Zone-5e)

To give as few spoilers as possible, the campaign is called “The Four” and takes place over a prologue and five adventures/quests. Each PC starts out not knowing their past, and can develop their backstory as they proceed through the campaign (actions beget character).

Expectations… After 15 years as DM of 1st and 2nd edition games, I am just now getting back into D&D. Learning FG, first game in 5e. Looking for players who are willing to be patient during the bumps in the road. I run my games as a collective story where the roll of the dice and the imaginations of the players are the source. Players should be there for fun, while serious about the game. As for role playing, I believe every action should be consistent with their character, and there can be in game consequences for the PC when it isn’t.

** Edit: Chose Discord for the voice platform

Vam
March 21st, 2020, 00:28
From the other thread.... Can’t wait!

FG License: Both FGC and FGU Ultimate
Time Zone: EDT (EST)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mondays are my only realistic option, hopefully beginning at 7pm.
Term: Hoping for long term if things work out
Voice: On a mac, willing to use whatever the group likes. Actually I have FGC running under vmware on Windows 10 because of MacOS Catalina and no 32 bit support.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: 1st and 2nd editions
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New

Character Type Preferred: Any. Used to prefer rogue, but thinking a cleric might be fun.
About me: I played a lot in the 80s and 90s. I've probably spent more time as a DM than as a player overall, but I'd love to just play.

Vic

CGPanama
March 21st, 2020, 00:31
Vic - Welcome aboard. Happy to have you.

Been busy this evening trying to build my maps and campaign in FG. Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Craig

StunnedBunny
March 21st, 2020, 00:53
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of the week, frequency, and time: Any day
Term: Long-term.
Voice: Voice or Video, Discord

Game System Preferred: D&D 2e 5e
Game System Experience: D&D 5e
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Fair bit
Character Type Preferred: Druid

About me: Long time 2e and 5e player also home due to corona but time works when i go back to work as well.

DrPres
March 21st, 2020, 01:07
I am up for it...old fart as well, empty nester, and getting back into playing.
picking up occasional 5e games on Wed and Sat. Would like to see how it gels Monday nights at 7 PM EST weekly.
Prefer Bard, Lore College or Warlock/Sorc or Wizzie.

DrPres#9380

Aster
March 21st, 2020, 01:08
I am very interested in playing. Long time DM and user of fantasygrounds. I am available on that Monday even while I am working at home and when I go back. I prefer games focused on roleplaying and like to play characters with flaws.

CGPanama
March 21st, 2020, 01:24
Wow, filling up quick.

Looks like we have a Druid, Bard and Cleric. One TBD and a someone who expressed interest but hasn't confirmed.

Rael
March 21st, 2020, 01:39
I'm interested if a spot is still open..

CGPanama
March 21st, 2020, 01:52
Looks like we are full up. The last couple of spots are pending. Will reopen if any fall through.