PDA

View Full Version : Reaction - Stone's Endurance; how to?

JMunsonII
March 20th, 2020, 20:26
Greetings!

I searched through the forum and couldn't find the answer (maybe my Search Fu is not up to par).

What I'd like to know is how one adds a reaction like Stone's Endurance which reduces damage by 1d12 + Constitution bonus, once per short rest.

I've added it as a Power -> Effect (as below) but not sure I've implemented it properly.

Help is appreciated and many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

//s// Jon C. Munson II

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 20:31
You can't really automate something like this one.

The only way to do it would be to declare that you are going to use it before the DM rolls for damage. You then roll a d12 with a suitable modifier and the DM then right clicks on that roll; selects negative and drags that into his modifier box before rolling damage. Another possible way to do it is to set up a heal effect with a target of self but then you have the problem of possibly healing more than the damage rolled.

JMunsonII
March 20th, 2020, 20:44
Ah, OK, thanks! :)

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2020, 01:47
My players just do a heal effect. The only time it becomes and issue is if I knock them unconscious. Then we have to looka t chat to ajust the HP correctly.

GavinRuneblade
March 21st, 2020, 05:39
Instead of a heal I have it add temp hp. Then you can delete the overage (if any) after. Seems to be the easiest way.

JMunsonII
March 23rd, 2020, 15:28
Great tips - thanks!!!