PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the new Fantasy Grounds Unity

March 20th, 2020, 14:00
So the new fantasy grounds unity will no longer be doing port forwarding but connecting online through either FG directly or steam(?). My question is, will this now be saving our campaign(s) online so that we are able to DM from any PC that has our FG license? Or, will campaign(s) still be saved on the local hard drive?

damned
March 20th, 2020, 14:24
The new FG will use Port Forwarding if its available and will use a brokered connection if its not.
No data is stored in the cloud. All data is still stored on your GM PC and you should back it up like any other important data.

i3ullseye
March 21st, 2020, 01:35
Yeah, I am not sure if it is way too late to consider renaming things, but calling it ;the cloud' seems to be real confusing to a lot of people. It is a connection lobby, so why not call it the lobby? Or brokered? Or the Meeting Space? Or anything except the cloud since it doesn't really store much like what people think of when they hear the word cloud hehe.

The index?

The phone book?

Gestalt?

damned
March 21st, 2020, 02:01
Yeah, I am not sure if it is way too late to consider renaming things, but calling it ;the cloud' seems to be real confusing to a lot of people. It is a connection lobby, so why not call it the lobby? Or brokered? Or the Meeting Space? Or anything except the cloud since it doesn't really store much like what people think of when they hear the word cloud hehe.

The index?

The phone book?

Gestalt?

Im not sure where the term Cloud is being used. Other than me saying there is no data stored in the cloud.

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2020, 02:04
Im not sure where the term Cloud is being used. Other than me saying there is no data stored in the cloud.
Connection screen; Server Type: Cloud v LAN