PDA

View Full Version : Troubles Connecting to FG Servers via Login and Updating

moodyvideos
March 19th, 2020, 22:13
Hi, I've had FG for about a week. Recently I've tried updating the application but I'm getting an error: Get Products and a network time out.
Also, I've tried connecting to a campaign my DM has loaded and it's timing out the host license check.
Third, I can't login using my credentials to the settings login in FG classic.

Before this I've had no issues so I'm wondering whats going on. I have no issues reported by my Norton firewall, or my Comcast ISP blocking FG.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 22:18
Hi moodyvideos welcome to the forum.

Who is your ISP?

moodyvideos
March 19th, 2020, 22:18
Comcast Internet

Moon Wizard
March 19th, 2020, 22:21
A network time out error indicates that something between the FG updater engine application (FGUpdaterEngine.exe) and the FG patch system website (patch.fantasygrounds.com) is being blocked, and thus the updater never gets a response.

First, make sure that your network settings are set to Private on Windows.
Next, typical culprits are security software (Windows firewall, Norton, Avast, etc.) or content filtering software / router settings (parental control, ad block, etc.). Sometimes multiple programs are actually handling this, so check Windows Firewall too.
After that, there have been some reports of some Comcast Xfinity changes recently that have caused some challenges. So, hopefully one of the other users with the link available can help point out that thread as well.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 22:22
See here for some information that will help https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-and-XFinity-Users

moodyvideos
March 19th, 2020, 22:26
It was the Xfinity advanced security that was blocking access to patch.fantasygrounds.com. I didnt even get any notification in the network threats that it was blocking access.