PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Mon Tue or Thurs EDT US Time Zone 5e

CGPanama
March 19th, 2020, 21:47
FG License: FGU Subscription (will be purchasing when ready to join)
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evening/night (beginning after 6PM), weekly preferred.
Term: Any (will stick with a group as long as it runs)
Voice: Voice or Video, will download software (Mac compatible preferred though can Boot Camp)

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: Old Time D&D (1st & 2nd editions) about 15 years, getting back into RPGs after 20 year layoff
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New

Character Type Preferred: Any, I like to try new things and role play to the max.
About me: I am an Old Timer (1st and 2nd edition) who has longed to get back into the game. Followed each new edition as they came out and always wishing to play again. Finally an empty nester and began looking for a local group when quarantine dropped. So started exploring online options and found Fantasy Grounds.

My experience is about 75% DM and 25% PC. Hoping to get back to DMing, but want to learn FG as a user first. Prefer heavy storytelling/role playing to hack and slash. Tend to immerse myself in the character but want to have fun (not too serious). I love letting the random nature of the game dictate my character. My best (worst?) character was a level 1 Halfling Thief who was barely skilled enough. To make matters worst, my dice rolling that night was awful and it "turned out" my thief was accident prone. The DM incorporated that into my character and turned it into a trait. The thief didn't last long.

Tap me in, and I will be there. Be seeing you.

Craig

Vam
March 19th, 2020, 23:42
FG License: Both FGC and FGU Ultimate
Time Zone: EDT (EST)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mondays are my only realistic option, hopefully beginning at 7pm.
Term: Hoping for long term if things work out
Voice: On a mac, willing to use whatever the group likes. Actually I have FGC running under vmware on Windows 10 because of MacOS Catalina and no 32 bit support.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: 1st and 2nd editions

Character Type Preferred: Any. Used to prefer rogue, but thinking a cleric might be fun.
About me: I played a lot in the 80s and 90s. I've probably spent more time as a DM than as a player overall, but I'd love to just play.

Craig, our backgrounds look very similar which is why I'm responding. I'm still getting up to speed with the 5e rules, and I'm coming from a pre-D20 background so it's a big leap. I'd like to keep it simple with just PHP, DMG and MM for now. I purchased those on Beyond and plan to purchase them again here. If we can find enough Old Timers, or other newbies I'd be happy to stumble through things with a DM who is also new to 5e/FG. I'd even consider being that DM.

Vic

CGPanama
March 20th, 2020, 00:51
Vic -

Sounds like we are of the same vintage. I picked up a copy of the basic set about 78/79 with my piggy bank savings. "Played" my first game solo! Took me a couple of years to cajole some friends into playing with me and never looked back.

If we get enough folks willing to hang on while I relearn riding a bicycle, I'd be happy to DM. I have a home-brew game that I was developing when the last group dispersed that has percolated in my head for a couple of decades (I even based my great unfinished novel on the underlying concept). I've already started fiddling with building a campaign in FGU and learning the design elements.

Mondays work well for me. If we can scrounge up a few more players...

Vam
March 20th, 2020, 01:31
I’d guess I bought the basic set in 81. Then was shattered to learn that I needed to buy the AD&D books which I couldn’t afford. Thank God for grandparents who bought me the PHB.

I like where this is going. I’d be thrilled if you would DM. And patient. Hopefully more like minded players join in.

CGPanama
March 20th, 2020, 01:50
(Aside) Heh. I started working a summer job when I was 12 and bought the big three AD&D books.

Well, can't change the title here. I will give it a night to see if anyone else chimes in here, then will post a LFP tomorrow.

tylevy555
March 20th, 2020, 02:15
FG License: Not sure, I think it's the Standard License. I may upgrade to Ultimate if this seems like it could be a consistently good way to pass the time.
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of the week, frequency, and time: Any day after 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM. I'd also prefer weekly sessions.
Term: Hopefully long-term. I want to see what the game is like at higher levels since my first campaign was short-lasting (due to Corona Virus)
Voice: Voice or Video, no preference. Discord is a good software to use to speak to each other.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: D&D 5e

Character Type Preferred: Warlock - Undying or Hexblade
About me: I started playing D&D a lot more recently compared to either of you (started about 2 months ago), but I've been reading the core books for 5e for about 2 years. I have little to no experience with Fantasy Grounds, but I've fiddled with editing some of the race/class information on there in the process of creating a character. I'm a 21-year-old guy who (used to) go to school at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Now I'm back home in NYC, trying to not die from Corona Virus

CGPanama
March 20th, 2020, 17:15
Good to hear from you Tylevy555. Hope you will join us for the game. I will be posting a LFP later today (trying to draft it now at lunch) and will probably finish it and post it this evening.

I too am homebound (in Maine) thanks to the Corona Virus, but that means I am telecommuting. Fortunately I am in IT, so this is my world.

CGPanama
March 20th, 2020, 23:53
Created a thread for a game...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54605-LFP-Forming-New-Group-2-4-Players-Mon-Night-7-PM-ET-USA-5E-Home-brew&p=482991#post482991