PDA

View Full Version : Unity Questions

kyleeliason
March 19th, 2020, 20:12
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. I have an ultimate license for FGC which is great, but I'm super eager to try FGU. Here are some questions:

If I buy the FGU license, will I still be able to run my FGC game? Basically, can I run games in either? (I'm worried it will be a bit buggy at first and I'll wish I stuck with FGC until they get fixed.)

I understand the DLC will port over easily, but what about extensions? I have only a few killer extensions (Wild Shape, etc.), are those expected to still work or will those creators need to create a FGU version?

Thanks in advance!

LordEntrails
March 19th, 2020, 20:20
If you buy a FGU license you FGC license is still valid. Both programs can be installed on the same computer. They have different default installation and data directories, keep them seperate.

You can move your campaigns and custom modules from FGC to FGU, but you can not move them from FGU to FGC.

Extensions may or may not work in FGU. It depends upon what they do and if they are compatible with FGU and/or if the developer has updated them. Since they are unofficial, it is up to the community developer to update it. See the extension thread for any information if it has been updated to FGU or if the dev intends to.

Dershem
March 20th, 2020, 02:11
Ok, If I buy unity will I have to rebuy the rulesets I've already purchased?

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 02:22
Ok, If I buy unity will I have to rebuy the rulesets I've already purchased?
No. You just need to add your username and password into Unity and update it.Any DLC you own will be installed