PDA

View Full Version : Player Side, DEMO to Ultimate, no LOS

jcrowland72
March 19th, 2020, 18:43
I can see GM side (ultimate) the character LOS working fine, but the player is not seeing it...everything is masked still. Simple fix or bug?

pindercarl
March 19th, 2020, 18:47
I can see GM side (ultimate) the character LOS working fine, but the player is not seeing it...everything is masked still. Simple fix or bug?

There is a bug being tracked where the LOS for the player is not being calculated when the map is loaded. In the meantime, try having the player select the token.

jcrowland72
March 19th, 2020, 18:57
ok, good to know its a known bug. He is using a Windows VM through linux. No luck grabbing token. Tried re-loading maps, nothing. Guess we'll wait a bit longer. Thanks.

pindercarl
March 19th, 2020, 19:09
ok, good to know its a known bug. He is using a Windows VM through linux. No luck grabbing token. Tried re-loading maps, nothing. Guess we'll wait a bit longer. Thanks.

If the player is unable to select the token, this may be a different issue. Does the player have ownership of the token, i.e., is it that player's token? Can the player select the token if LOS is disabled?

jcrowland72
March 19th, 2020, 19:13
Oh, sorry. He can select and move the token, but just sees a black (FoW) screen except his and other PC tokens (all set to always visible)

pindercarl
March 19th, 2020, 19:15
Oh, sorry. He can select and move the token, but just sees a black (FoW) screen except his and other PC tokens (all set to always visible)

Just to eliminate the simplest possibilities. Do you have a mask enabled? Or, only LOS? Thanks.

jcrowland72
March 19th, 2020, 19:18
Oh, sorry. He can select and move the token, but just sees a black (FoW) screen except his and other PC tokens (all set to always visible).

DOH! Mask was enabled. All is well!