PDA

View Full Version : Invisible TTF

Tommycore
March 19th, 2020, 18:31
Hey everybody!

While trying to get my custom dice mechanics to work, I've seen on multiple occasions that people use an invisible font in combination with custom dice graphics. So far, it looks like everyone's using a custom .fgf-file, which, if I'm not mistaken, will no longer be supported in FGU. Well, after some digging I found the page of this awesome person who made an invisible .ttf-file, and shares it as 'unrestricted freeware'. I tested it out, and it works like a charm. Have fun ^^

Link: https://www.angelfire.com/pr/pgpf/if.html

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 18:56
Cool! Thanks for finding and sharing.

Tommycore
March 19th, 2020, 20:00
My pleasure. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. Without you and the other on this forum I would have never gotten to where I am now, regarding development for FG.

damned
March 19th, 2020, 23:44
My pleasure. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. Without you and the other on this forum I would have never gotten to where I am now, regarding development for FG.

what are you working on?

Tommycore
March 20th, 2020, 00:00
@damned
Translating a rather unknown, but proprietary system. Can't say more for the moment, as I'm still waiting for an answer from the license holder whether or not they're interested. In the meantime I'm familiarising myself with the api, play around, and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Considering that I just started a few days ago, I'm quite proud of what I managed to do. I need some calculations after the dice have been thrown, as I don't want the result to show up as just the sum of the numbers.