PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a possible module suggestion

DrClarke
January 5th, 2007, 19:18
Howdy. I have a copy of FG and two other friends will be purchasing their copies.

I'm looking for any suggestions to already existing content/modules that I can run two players through. (preferably D&D so I don't have to worry about different systems/rulesets as of yet).

My goal isn't so much the module, but to get familiar with product and it's capabilities/limitations.

Suggestions would be really great!

Blue Haven
January 5th, 2007, 20:59
Hi :)
You can play the wizards amulet a free adventure to Fantasy Grounds or even the Adventure that cames with the program...

DrClarke
January 5th, 2007, 21:24
I have looked at both of those, and they are indeed what I'm currently leaning towards.

I was hoping someone might know of 1-2 player module that existed. Otherwise if I go, lets say, the Wizards Amulet route, I'll have to make a few tweaks due to only have two players at the moment. Not that I don't know how, but was looking to avoid that sort of work initially :)

Griogre
January 6th, 2007, 19:30
Unfortunately, most modules assume at least four players so I am afraid you will not have a lot of luck with premade modules. It would seem to me with a group that small you would be better off just running something of your own.

When I ran a demonstration game with the demo and two players I just made up something loosely based on a few rooms out of B2 with five foot corridors and small rooms.

Assuming these are first level characters something like dire rats, a pit trap, Kobolds, a foot catcher trap, and the Kobold "Boss". For something this small I would just sketch out the map in FG.

Blue Haven
January 8th, 2007, 07:01
Why don´t you create yourself an adventure? it´s very simple! get a map of a dungeon a map of a place and create some stories and voila! one two players and you get to know better the program...

VarnFury
January 12th, 2007, 12:51
Best way go is creating one. I had a guy way back who did almost a ravenloft style RPG, i was only one that was playing for a few weeks but it was bloody fun. Good story behind it as far i could see.