PDA

View Full Version : Player can't join DM Server

christophe
March 19th, 2020, 11:27
Hi

I'm running a campaign on my Mac with FG classic, Ultimate version. My ADSL router has been configured with port forwarding (port 1802) and the connection test button is successful and the test with canyouseeme.org is also successful.

The player is running a FG Unity version (demo version) on his Mac, accessing internet by sharing the 4G connection on his iphone (through USB Cable). He has entered my IP address (XXXX) and port 1802 and he's stuck with the message "attempting direct connection to server XXXX:1802" and nothing happens.

Any idea to solve this?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 11:28
FG Classic only connects to FG Classic.

FG Unity only connects to FG Unity.

You can't connect FG Unity to FG Classic or vice versa, they are two different applications with different architecture and features/functionality.

christophe
March 19th, 2020, 11:36
I see. The problem is that the player can't use FG Classic as his MacOS is Mojave... And the other players will more likely have heterogeneous MacOS versions so it sounds like I just can't use FG... Sad.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 12:03
I see. The problem is that the player can't use FG Classic as his MacOS is Mojave... And the other players will more likely have heterogeneous MacOS versions so it sounds like I just can't use FG... Sad.

I'm pretty sure that Fantasy Grounds runs in Mojave. It's Catalina that it doesn't run in.

LordEntrails
March 19th, 2020, 20:13
Or you could all move to FGU or are some of your Mac version too old/unsupported?