PDA

View Full Version : Can't get modules to work in FGU

RandomArtAttack
March 19th, 2020, 08:06
Like the title says. I downloaded an SR bestiary for pathfinder 2E. It works in FGC but not in FGU. Anyone know what's up?

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 10:29
Welcome to the FG forums.

Can you explain what is wrong please? Have you copied the .mod file to the different FGU modules directory? Can you see it in the FGU module activation screen? Does it open but not display anything? Something else?

RandomArtAttack
March 19th, 2020, 17:28
Program Files > SmiteWorks > Fantasy Grounds is where FGU is located. I have tried to create a "modules" folder in that directory with the associated .mod file and I tried it in the "FantasyGrounds_Data" folder. Neither worked.

While in FGU I am able to click library > modules and see 2 pathfinder2e modules. (1) Calendars and (2) FG Battle Maps. I can not locate either of these outsides of the program, so I don't know where the modules package is.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 17:31
Program Files > SmiteWorks > Fantasy Grounds is where FGU is located. I have tried to create a "modules" folder in that directory with the associated .mod file and I tried it in the "FantasyGrounds_Data" folder. Neither worked.
FG has 2 directories - where the base application is installed, and where the FG data is installed - these are different.

Start FGU and in the top left of the start screen click the folder icon. This will open a file explorer window at the FG data location - which should already have a modules directory (with .mod files in it). Copy your downloaded .mod file here.

itsraechan
March 21st, 2020, 00:22
FG has 2 directories - where the base application is installed, and where the FG data is installed - these are different.

Start FGU and in the top left of the start screen click the folder icon. This will open a file explorer window at the FG data location - which should already have a modules directory (with .mod files in it). Copy your downloaded .mod file here.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. Back in the FGC classic days, I bought the ultimate bundle that included the whole suite of D&D modules at the time. Essentially, everything except the last year's module releases. So, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual, Volo's Guide, Xanathar's, etc.

When I tried a sample playtest, I selected those aforementioned modules to load. However, when I opened the game none of the information for Monster Manual loaded up. I saw Xanathar's, but not even Volo's. The Dungeon Master's Guides information loaded too. I went into the modules folder, and I noticed that all my modules except the DMG are not present in the module folder. How did I fix this problem? Is this an issue with the launcher not properly identifying what modules are owned by my FG account? Is this user error and I'm not loading my modules properly somehow?

Please advise.

damned
March 21st, 2020, 00:29
You still need to activate the modules in teh Library.

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2020, 00:33
Hi itsreachan welcome to FG.

The modules you describe are not found in the modules folder but in the encrypted vault folder.

Mke sure you have added your license key and forum username and password into stings in Unity and updated it. Your modules should install. If you bought from Steam ensure you have linked your Steam and Smiteworks accounts. Details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Sync_Your_Fantasy_Grounds_Account_To_Steam

itsraechan
March 21st, 2020, 01:05
Hi itsreachan welcome to FG.

The modules you describe are not found in the modules folder but in the encrypted vault folder.

Mke sure you have added your license key and forum username and password into stings in Unity and updated it. Your modules should install. If you bought from Steam ensure you have linked your Steam and Smiteworks accounts. Details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Sync_Your_Fantasy_Grounds_Account_To_Steam

Hi, damned. I don't use Steam, I use the installer from FG. I definitely entered my license and my correct username and password in the correct area. I also activated the modules as per usual in the library but they're not showing up properly.

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2020, 01:42
Hi, damned. I don't use Steam, I use the installer from FG. I definitely entered my license and my correct username and password in the correct area. I also activated the modules as per usual in the library but they're not showing up properly.
Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean.

itsraechan
March 22nd, 2020, 17:59
Can you provide a screenshot of what you mean.

Soooo, turns out it WAS a user error. I... just apparently forgot where things were. Like monsters are in the NPCs area.... HAH! Apologies for making you suffer an ID10T error XD

Raven Darkstone
May 5th, 2020, 23:50
You still need to activate the modules in teh Library.

Does activating a mod mean selecting load in the library? Does seeing it on the library side-bar (right hand side), mean it was successfully loaded?

Sulimo
May 6th, 2020, 00:06
As long as the book is open it is loaded. In your screen shot all are loaded except for Crypt of the Sun Lord (that book is still closed).

Once loaded, they should show up in the Library (as a reference). The rest depends on how the module is setup. I don't have those modules, so I can't really help there. However, if there are NPCs in the modules, they should show in the NPCs icon on the right, Items would be in the Items icon, etc.

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2020, 00:08
Does activating a mod mean selecting load in the library? Does seeing it on the library side-bar (right hand side), mean it was successfully loaded?
Yes that's what activating means. I'm not sure that these modules and extensions are yet supported with FGU. My understanding is that Rob and Bob are waiting to update until closer to FGU release. Since these are 3rd party add-ons, it's up to them to make them compliant when they feel the time is right.