PDA

View Full Version : More on Dial-Up

Yenooc
January 5th, 2007, 17:50
Well, here's another post on dial-up connections. :D

I bought two lite licenses for the person who has dial-up, since he and a family member of his both want to play in our group. I sent him the link and two activation codes. He tells me today that the first download went according to plan, but that the second copy downloaded without allowing him to use the second code. He downloaded the program into two separate places to allow himself to open up two versions in two windows.

Soooo . . . Was it necessary to buy two licenses to allow two players using the same computer to play with two windows? And is it necessary to open the game from the two locations, or can it just be opened twice using the same program? (I know that I've done the latter on my computer when checking out the interface between DM and players.)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

richvalle
January 5th, 2007, 18:13
I think its one License per computer. I know you can open up the Full version more then once (as you say) but don't know about two copies of the Lite verison for 2 different players.

Thats going to be somewhat cumbersome...

rv

Yenooc
January 5th, 2007, 19:54
Cumbersome is putting it politely. :D

I have high-speed cable, but does anyone out there have any info--availability and pricing--on high-speed satellite connections available in the western USA? Western Washington state, specifically?

I'm sure that whatever is available is probably pricey--again, putting it politely ;) --but it would be nice to let him know the options.

Griogre
January 6th, 2007, 19:11
Satelite use to be about $100 per month. It may have dropped some but usually it is used in rural areas where there is little competion so I wouldn't count on it. Typically, the "down" data uses the satalite link and the "up" uses a dialup modem. Because of the dial up side, many dial up ISP's do offer it. I would skip AOL - but Earthlink and any local ISP would probably offer it.