PDA

View Full Version : What player(classic,FGU)/DM(classic,FGU) combinations work?

OneEyedNinja
March 18th, 2020, 23:36
Can FG Classic Demo Players play in a game run by a FGU Ultimate DM?

Can FGU Demo Players play in a game run by a FG Classic Ultimate DM?
(this second is the situation I am facing as a player. I have a new Macbook running 64bit Catalina so Classic is not an option)

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2020, 23:40
No. FGC and FGU are not compatible at all. All people (player and host) have to be using the same program, either FGC or FGU.

(Campaigns and custom modules can be moved from FGC to FGU.)

damned
March 18th, 2020, 23:44
Fgc <--> fgc
fgu <--> fgu

OneEyedNinja
March 19th, 2020, 03:23
Aaaarg. We have been in the market for a MacBook and with Gary Con convention moving virtual we bit the bullet and purchased since I saw posts on the web, not necessarily here, saying I could install a 32 bit macOS on a newly created AFPS volume created on the SSD drive on the current 64 bit Catalina Mac. That would then allow me to run FG Classic. After dropping a bit of $s I find out that I cannot create a boot volume or external boot flash drive with an older macOS version. Therefore only me or my 12 year old daughter will be able to play since we only have one other 32 bit iMac (purposely didn’t upgrade from Mojave 16 bit to Catalina 64 bit until I was ready for FGU).

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can use the iMac with Mojave to create a Mojave bootable flash drive and THEN use that on the MacBook. Will try that now. If anyone has any other ideas or pointing to a solution I would appreciate any help.

I think my wife may be onboard with me buying FGU Ultimate soon as well. ��

jrowsey1
March 19th, 2020, 04:04
You could always run FGC in a Windows virtual machine (like Parallels) on your new MacBook.