PDA

View Full Version : LOS development question

JustMark
March 18th, 2020, 22:02
Hi,

I'm interested in adding LOS to my campaign. If I create the LOS map point definition, is there a way to test it or do we have to submit the xml definition for processing?

Apologies if this was asked and answered somewhere already - I looked, but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2020, 22:07
Test it? Start a second instance of FG, connect using localhost and then you can test as a player and see what the player(s) see. Have the second instance grab a PC, put them on the CT, and explore.

Or, did you mean something else?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 22:18
If you are adding LOS to your own campaign you can test it by clicking on play mode; adding a token to the map from the Combat Tracker and activating the LOS button. If you want a player view start a second instance of FG (Make sure the host is running a LAN game and not a Cloud game) and then type localhost into the IP address box and you'll join the host instance as a player. The host can then share the map and the player instance can see the LOS from a player's perspective.

JustMark
March 18th, 2020, 22:27
Thanks for both replies.

I was wanting to test it locally. I had dropped a token from the CT to the map, but wasn't seeing anything. Must've done something wrong. Thanks for confirming what I was hoping was possible.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 22:40
Make sure you actually turn on the LOS using the button below the Play icon; also the LOS will only pop up once you click on the token on the map.

JustMark
March 21st, 2020, 14:57
Thanks - I had figured all that out. Its working well now.