PDA

View Full Version : FGU Windows 2020-03-16 black map screen for players (Win or Mac) when maximized

zuilin
March 18th, 2020, 19:18
When a player on the Windows or Mac client maximizes a map which has masking, being shared from a Windows host, the whole map goes black.

If the player then un-maximizes the window back to a floating window, the map stays black.

The only way to view the map with the correct masking is for the GM to un-share and re-share the masked map.

Levryl
March 18th, 2020, 20:05
Wow I experienced this last night after installing FGU for the first time. I thought it was something I was doing wrong and was going to investigate it further. In other words, Can confirm.

Moon Wizard
March 19th, 2020, 20:59
Thanks for reporting. I've filed as FGU-973.

Regards,
JPG

bmos
March 19th, 2020, 23:47
This has been happening to me a lot in the group I play in.
It is the same issue I posted about here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54351-Map-showing-up-full-screen-(no-UI-other-than-the-dice)). FGU-961

I can also add that this happens when the DM is on a Mac, as well.

Gumbledook
May 24th, 2020, 14:07
Until this problem, which I am also getting is sorted, my game is a bit stuck. I think in my case its because I have a big party (6 players and 3 followers), and are now facing 4 goblins. In all 13 tokens on the screen, which Classic was able to handle fine. Unfortunatly one of my players is playing via a Mac, so that knocked Classic on the head. Now I`m twiddling my thumbs.

bmos
May 24th, 2020, 14:14
Until this problem, which I am also getting is sorted, my game is a bit stuck. I think in my case its because I have a big party (6 players and 3 followers), and are now facing 4 goblins. In all 13 tokens on the screen, which Classic was able to handle fine. Unfortunatly one of my players is playing via a Mac, so that knocked Classic on the head. Now I`m twiddling my thumbs.This bug has been fixed for quite a while. Weeks at least.
Are you sill running version 2020-03-16?

I have had nearly that many tokens onscreen in Unity without any black screen issues.

Gumbledook
May 24th, 2020, 14:41
Hello, I am running v4.0.0 ULTIMATE 2020-05-20

bmos
May 24th, 2020, 20:02
Check if you have LOS turned on.
Unlock map (if locked), click the d20 icon in the right sidebar, click the eye. If that doesn't fix it, click the eye again so you don't cause yourself an issue later and lock the image again.

LordEntrails
May 24th, 2020, 20:58
Hello, I am running v4.0.0 ULTIMATE 2020-05-20
Make sure each and every player also has that version. Make them send you screen shots of their FG launch screen, don't just have them tell you "Yea, I've updated."

Gumbledook
May 24th, 2020, 21:00
Many thanks, all sound advice. I will contact a few of them now to test it out.

Gumbledook
May 25th, 2020, 21:33
Havent been able to get any of my players free this weekend to test FGU. Not sure why though as we are all supposed to be in lockdown. Will post here as soon as we have managed to try those methods.

zuilin
May 25th, 2020, 22:01
Make sure each and every player also has that version. Make them send you screen shots of their FG launch screen, don't just have them tell you "Yea, I've updated."

I've found that many problems that don't show up in these forums as reported bugs are simply due to mismatched versions.

Gumbledook
June 3rd, 2020, 11:29
Unlock map (if locked), click the d20 icon in the right sidebar, click the eye. If that doesn't fix it, click the eye again so you don't cause yourself an issue later and lock the image again.

Everyone's version was updated, but I think it was this solution that solved the problem. Many thanks bmos and all.

SteveStewart332
January 31st, 2021, 12:12
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've started hitting an issue with the player's map going black during combat. Using FGU / 5e, all players updated, LOS enabled. The map goes black during combat - sometimes resharing the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes re-synching the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes closing and re-opening the map fixes it, sometimes not. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have a couple of extensions running (Rob 2e stuff) that have never caused issues before.

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2021, 12:48
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've started hitting an issue with the player's map going black during combat. Using FGU / 5e, all players updated, LOS enabled. The map goes black during combat - sometimes resharing the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes re-synching the map fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes closing and re-opening the map fixes it, sometimes not. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have a couple of extensions running (Rob 2e stuff) that have never caused issues before.

Tried this:

SteveStewart332
January 31st, 2021, 12:51
LOS is turned on Jiminimonka; will try turning it off and on again as you describe in my next game and see if that helps, but doing that regularly will be a pain!

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2021, 02:58
If you have a particular scenario where the player token is not being able to be selected and LoS is not updating, we are looking for campaign data that shows the issue, so we can track down the cause. (i.e. zipped up copy of GM campaign; plus name of map and player/PC token(s) affected)

Thanks,
JPG

SteveStewart332
March 25th, 2021, 11:42
Update to this thread; we still see the black map when the player tries to select his token. However, I found that by turning party vision on, the players can see the map again. However, that's not the mode I want to be in. All software is fully updated, and I am running Storm King's Thunder for this group. My other campaign does not have this issue; all other settings are the same, but I am running Princes of the Apocalypse in this group. Can I just check exactly what you need to see? There's a whole bunch of folders in there!

Jiminimonka
March 25th, 2021, 18:12
Update to this thread; we still see the black map when the player tries to select his token. However, I found that by turning party vision on, the players can see the map again. However, that's not the mode I want to be in. All software is fully updated, and I am running Storm King's Thunder for this group. My other campaign does not have this issue; all other settings are the same, but I am running Princes of the Apocalypse in this group. Can I just check exactly what you need to see? There's a whole bunch of folders in there!

There is a folder inside /campaigns which is the same name as your campaign. So that folder is what Moon Wizard wants.

SteveStewart332
March 26th, 2021, 20:15
Thanks Jiminimonka - will send that detail to him now.

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2021, 00:04
It sounds like the player does not actually own the character token for some reason.

Do you have any extensions loaded? These could interfere with the default logic of setting ownership. If you are using extensions, can you try with that player without any extensions?

If still an issue, you can send a link to a zipped up copy of your campaign folder. Please post on DropBox or Google Drive and send a link.

Regards,
JPG

SteveStewart332
March 30th, 2021, 19:46
Thanks Moon Wizard. I am running Rob 2e effects and one click druid / one click more, but I am running those in another campaign with no issues. I have tried clearing all the owners from the characters, and I will get the players to re-assume ownership when we next play. I'll see if that helps, and if not, I'll grab the data and get it to you. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated!

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2021, 22:41
I'm pretty sure one-click druid changes the token instance id on the CT when the druid switches shape. See if the issue seems to be related to when they switch shapes or not.

SteveStewart332
April 11th, 2021, 13:56
Thanks guys - clearing the owners and checking that I left the token ownership in the right place has cleared the issue! On to King Hekaton's Court!