PDA

View Full Version : The Fantasy Trip

AmadanNaBriona
March 18th, 2020, 19:17
I'm working on a ruleset for Steve Jackson Games' The Fantasy Trip.

Right now, I'm using the GURPS ruleset as a base and hacking it.

Just interested to see if anyone else is or has done similar work, so as to avoid duplication of effort.

AmadanNaBriona
April 5th, 2020, 23:00
The Fantasy Trip - Ready For Testing!

Many thanks to Ronnke (Brian Ronnle), who did the heavy lifting by creating the GURPS Ruleset, which I used as the base for the TFT ruleset. If I'd had to create everything from scratch as he did, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as far. Additionally, not only did he give his blessing to use his ruleset as a base, but he helped me out quite a bit in developing this one to a functional state.

This is an unofficial ruleset created in compliance with the Steve Jackson Games Online Policy (https://www.sjgames.com/general/online_policy.html), GMs will have to manually create monsters, skills, spells, items, etc. for their campaigns. Advanced features like automatically adding levels of Missile Weapons to adjDX for ranged weapons, dropping a race onto a character sheet and having its racial attributes added automatically, etc., would require SJG's blessing to build those things in. I did have a brief conversation with Steve J on the TFT Discord server, and he said he'd take a look at it when it's in a state fit for presentation, so fingers crossed, maybe someday he'll give permission to include this (https://www.sjgames.com/img/newsq/illq/2019/octopusart.png) as a decal.

Please test it, poke at it, and play with it. I am more than happy to receive bug reports, feature requests, and suggestions for layout changes. That said, I cannot promise how much more work I can do on it or how quickly. If anyone is interested in contributing, PM me and I will share the GitHub repository where I have the code hosted. (If I get enough contributors, I may make the repo public.)

ETA: Constantly re-editing this post is a pain, so see the latest post in this thread for the most recent version.

amenditman
April 6th, 2020, 00:37
Excellent. Thanks to both you and Ronnke for all the great work making Fantasy Grounds usable for TFT and GURPS players.

I hope SJGames gives the greenlight to make a more fully integrated ruleset for VTTs.

donpaulo
April 6th, 2020, 02:02
Excellent news and thanks so much for keeping TFT alive and available on platforms such as this

Fnord, we are watching

damned
April 6th, 2020, 08:00
Well done AmadanNaBriona

damned
April 6th, 2020, 11:00
Well done Ronnke and Bofinger too!

AmadanNaBriona
April 7th, 2020, 01:31
Changes made: Initiative bonus for leaders now applies to init rolls.

AmadanNaBriona
April 7th, 2020, 22:40
Inventory sheet now calculates Encumbrance values, and adjusts MA and adjDX.

AmadanNaBriona
April 8th, 2020, 15:49
Just a small change - manually added & removed armor/shields will now update the character's adjDX/MA/Hits Stopped fields properly.

amenditman
April 10th, 2020, 05:30
Great work folks. I have been fiddling with test campaigns in both Fantasy Grounds and FG Unity.
This ruleset for TFT works on both. The launcher throws a few non-critical errors on Unity.
Is this the best place to report them?

AmadanNaBriona
April 10th, 2020, 14:49
Yes, please post bugs, feature requests, etc., here.

amenditman
April 10th, 2020, 18:15
Here is the log

[4/10/2020 1:14:01 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/10/2020 1:14:10 PM] Starting free mode.
[4/10/2020 1:14:10 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/10/2020 1:14:10 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[4/10/2020 1:14:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetnumberlarge). [TFT] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[4/10/2020 1:14:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetnumbersmall). [TFT] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[4/10/2020 1:14:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sheetlabelsmall). [TFT] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

Non-critical load errors, game session still loads.

AmadanNaBriona
April 10th, 2020, 22:26
Thanks - this turns out to be because Unity does not allow fgf fonts, so I had to add TTF tags. That will be fixed in the next upload.

So far, I haven't done much testing in FGU. Currently I am seeing a warning in Unity that says

[WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

I haven't been able to track down what's causing that, though.

amenditman
April 10th, 2020, 22:35
I've had a lot of problems with Classic in the GURPS and DFRPG games I play in. Weird display issues, dice rolling twice or three times when I drop a roll in, etc.
So far, no issues at all in Unity.
I'm buying the Unity Unlimited license this week.

AmadanNaBriona
April 10th, 2020, 22:38
I have the Unity Unlimited license (I backed the Kickstarter), but until now, I'd only been using Classic since I wasn't sure how developed Unity was. So far, the TFT ruleset seems to work fine in Unity.

amenditman
April 10th, 2020, 22:59
After working with Unity on this TFT sample campaign I'm going all in on Unity. It is already as good as or better than Classic. And it is cross-platform.
One-time Unlimited purchase has my name on it after this months bills are paid.

Is there anything you need smoke tested? I was thinking about starting to build all the resource files to make a TFT game work for live games. Obviously, they would only be for my personal use until such time as SJGames updates the legal stuff to make VTT plugins work OOTB.

The plan is to start small with Weapons and Equipment, but to eventually include Talents and Spells.

Any tips on data entry to make them reusable if/when they can be incorporated into the ruleset?

AmadanNaBriona
April 10th, 2020, 23:23
I would love to see screenshots and play reports from Unity. I am going to continue to develop mostly for Classic, if for no other reason than that they haven't enabled the "/reload" option in Unity yet.

Let me know if you start building those resource files. I haven't done extensions or modules yet, and work best from examples. I don't know when or if SJG will approve of sharing them publicly, but I have been in touch with them and they didn't shoot the idea down out of hand, so fingers crossed.

amenditman
April 10th, 2020, 23:59
I have noticed that since we started the idea to do Virtual FnordCon that SJ has been learning at lightning pace about the new tech options available to them. He has been saying that he is willing to look at proposals with demonstrations to make up his mind. I think your ruleset is ready to be demonstrated as well as Ronnke's GURPS ruleset. They both work very well and would really open the market to new players if they could sample those games using the same level of support they have with D&D.

They have said that it should be as complete as possible prior to pitching it to him.

AmadanNaBriona
April 11th, 2020, 17:04
Version 1.4 - Ronnke added an auto-switch option to the Combat Tracker, so now it will automatically switch between Initiative order and adjDX order when advancing turns.

AmadanNaBriona
April 12th, 2020, 01:29
Version 1.5 - Equipping/Unequipping in the inventory list is now reflected on the character's weapons and armor list.

AmadanNaBriona
April 12th, 2020, 18:36
Version 1.6 - range mods are now displayed on the map for Missile and Thrown.

The remaining items on the TODO list are "nice to haves," and I am going to take a break on trying to add features. Instead I'm going to build a sample library and maybe an adventure or two as a proof-of-concept. I'll still take requests for bug fixes or urgently-needed features, but I think the ruleset is now fully playable with about as much automation as is really needed. Anyone else who would like to contribute, please contact me. Besides more features, some sprucing up of the look and feel would be nice if anyone has graphics skillz.

Since SJG is now taking an interest in Fantasy Grounds as a platform, I'd really appreciate hearing reports from actual play, or links to TFT games in progress.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 15th, 2020, 17:11
I got this error in FGU when I open any note in the player sheet (no extensions loaded)

[4/15/2020 10:19:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/languages/Ladino.ttf) for font (Ladino). [GURPS BANESTORM LANGUAGES] [graphics/graphics_languages.xml]
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 17:58
I got this error in FGU when I open any note in the player sheet (no extensions loaded)

[4/15/2020 10:19:08 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Unable to load file (graphics/languages/Ladino.ttf) for font (Ladino). [GURPS BANESTORM LANGUAGES] [graphics/graphics_languages.xml]
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)
[4/15/2020 11:02:15 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName

Okay, there is a problem with the charsheet notes - I also get error messages. Trying to track that down now.

I have no idea why you are seeing references to GURPS Banestorm and Ladino, though. That appears nowhere in the TFT ruleset. Are you sure you didn't have some other module loaded while testing it?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 15th, 2020, 20:30
Forget the GURPS source, I used the same log and it was wrong.

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 20:31
Okay, I think I fixed the charsheet notes problem. Will have a fix uploaded shortly.

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 22:48
Version 1.7 should fix the font problem in FG Unity. I've also changed slightly the TODO list.

AmadanNaBriona
April 16th, 2020, 16:58
Posting comments from my playtest thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56238-The-Fantasy-Trip-Playtest-new-ruleset-in-a-one-shot-adventure/page3), so I can consolidate feature requests on one place:

I'm not sure where the modifier for shield Expertise goes? Also, is there any way to make a column in the Talent area to keep track of the IQ costs for each talent. I put it in manually in () next to the talent name.

Right now, not everything is handled automatically - defensive bonuses for Expertise is one of the things that will have to be manually applied in play. I've been discussing this with David Bofinger. We have a couple of different ideas about how (e.g.) Shield Expertise, facing, etc., should be represented, so one of the purposes of this playtest is to solicit input.

I intended the IQ column to represent the minimum IQ for each talent/spell. I hadn't really thought about adding up the point costs, since after character creation, you spend XPs. Should there be a separate column for how many points are spent during character creation?

@Amaden, I noticed that cost and weight are listed for weapons on Main and on Inventory. Should it be both? Kind of weird having it on the Main under weapon stats as I have to list one weapon twice to account for using it the different ways it can be used.

Yes, moving cost and weight off the front page is on my todo list.

Amadan: A cost column would be nice for the Items Carried and the Weapons charts. Something that would automatically add up the cost of all Items. Great job with the rest of the character sheet setup.

Cost (and total cost) is also on the todo list. I tried to do that yesterday, but found out adding a new column to the inventory list is a pain because it inherits from CoreRPG, and I haven't figured out an easy way to extend it.

AmadanNaBriona
April 19th, 2020, 21:12
Version 1.8 is now up.

Following our first actual playtest, I made a few changes in the combat sheet - weight and cost has been removed from the combat list, and cost for each item was added to the Inventory list. Additionally, the inventory list now summarizes the total cost of a character's equipment.

Changed the attack rolls to account for 4-5 dice attacks when calculating critical/automatic hits and misses.

The TODO list describes roughly what I will work on next. David Bofinger has proposed a number of changes to the sheet which we are discussing, including where and how to represent things like adjDX and hits stopped that varies according to relative facing, showing different weapon ranges, whether defenses should be toggled individually, etc.

AmadanNaBriona
April 22nd, 2020, 04:06
Version 1.9.

Modifiers and Effects have been added!

amenditman
April 22nd, 2020, 04:27
You and your team are really on this. Thanks for all the hard work!

AmadanNaBriona
April 23rd, 2020, 01:04
Version 1.10.

Damage tracking works - if a character has targeted another in the Combat Tracker, then rolls damage, the damage will automatically be applied to the target (after subtracting Stopped Hits).
Healing - just a little bonus feature, I added a right-click menu to the Current Hits field in the Player Character menu. You can select 1 pt, 2 pts, 3 pts, or Full healing. Don't forget to include a Physicker in your party!

AmadanNaBriona
April 24th, 2020, 01:09
Version 1.11

No major changes, but characters now display their total points in the Character Selection window, I removed the "Points" column from NPCs (this was a holdover from GURPS), and made some of the Effects and Modifiers buttons mutually exclusive (so you cannot simultaneously select "Aim for Head" and "Aim for Hand" or "Double Damage" and "Triple Damage").

AmadanNaBriona
April 24th, 2020, 20:28
Version 1.12

I am not going to keep doing daily updates forever, but I keep wanting to add one more feature...

So, I finally got selection of factions in the Combat Tracker working. In TFT, after an initiative roll, the winning side gets to choose who moves first - now you can click the faction buttons at the bottom (but only when the turn button is set to "Init Order") to reorder them in the CT.

Also, I prettied up some of the icons and fixed some other minor stuff.

AmadanNaBriona
April 28th, 2020, 02:45
Many pretty features have been added in the latest version.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34495&stc=1&d=1588037938

While the list of features and nice-to-haves is endless, I really think we're at a fully functional state. I've run a couple of playtests using the current ruleset, and nothing was broken and no missing features hindered actually playing the game.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34496&stc=1&d=1588038069

So, below is the current README with features and TODO list, and the latest version of the ruleset attached as a PAK file.

# fg-tft
Fantasy Grounds ruleset for [The Fantasy Trip](https://thefantasytrip.game/).
By David Edelstein (AmadanNaBriona on [Fantasy Grounds](https://www.fantasygrounds.com)).
Based on the GURPS ruleset written by Brian Ronnle (aka Ronnke), and the CoreRPG ruleset by SmiteWorks.
Other contributors: Brian Ronnle, David Bofinger.

Octopus icon made by [Freepik](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
Sword icon made by [Good Ware](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/good-ware) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)

# Tips

## CREATING ITEMS:

* If you enter "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon" in the "Type" field, the appropriate subfields will appear, and the item will appear in the appropriate group.

## CHARACTERS

* Right-click an Attribute to get the option of rolling something other than 3d6 (when you need to roll 5/DX for example).
* Secondary attributes should display bonuses resulting from Talents. For example, Toughness (self-explanatory) or Initiative bonuses for Tactics or Strategy. Note that the initiative bonus will only apply for individual rolls (see below) or if that character is selected as "Leader" in the Combat Tracker.
* "Mana" is meant to display the Fatigue a wizard currently has available in his or her Staff.
* Right-click "Hits" to open a healing menu (to heal 1, 2, 3, or all hits). You can also simply manually enter a new value in the Hits box.

### Equipment

* If you drag an item from the Items menu onto a character's Inventory tab, it will appear there. If it is a Weapon or Defense, it will also appear in the Combat section on the main page. Dragging a Weapon or Defense onto the front page will also add it there, but will NOT automatically add it to the character's Inventory.
* If you delete an item from the weapons/defense list, it doesn't automatically unequip in the Inventory list. However, items that do not initially appear in the weapons/armor list will be automatically equipped on initialization if you click the Inventory tab and they are equipped.
* Toggling from Equipped to Carried/Not Carried on the inventory list will add/remove (respectively) weapons and armor from the combat sheet.
* MA and DX penalties are automatically applied based on encumbrance (see the lower left frame of the Inventory tab). If your Encumbrance is greater than your lift capacity, MA and adjDX will be reduced to 0!
* Entering a capacity item (e.g. Belt Pouch or Backpack) in an item's Location on the Inventory sheet will place it as a sub-entry beneath the carrying item.

## COMBAT TRACKER

* From the Menu, the Initiative submenu lets the GM roll for everyone, for friendlies only, or for all non-friendlies. By default, the same initiative roll will be assigned to an entire side.
* You can assign a "Leader" to a side by checking the star in the Leader column. That Leader's Initiative Bonus (if any) will be applied to the roll.
* PCs can also roll their initiatives individually by clicking on their "Init. Bonus" box. This will insert their roll into the CT for that character.
* There is a button at the bottom that toggles between "Init Order" and "adjDX Order." In TFT, there is a move phase by initiative roll, then actions in adjDX order. Toggle this to reorder combatants after everyone has finished their moves, then again after everyone has completed their actions. (It will also advance automatically at the end of each phase if using the next actor button.)
* Since whoever wins initiative gets to choose which side goes first, clicking the Faction buttons at the bottom WHILE IN INIT ORDER will force that faction to the top. (E.g., the PCs win initiatiave and want the other side to move first. Click the "Foes" button and they will be moved to the top while in Init order.)
* In the Options menu, in the "Combat (GM)" section, there is a "Turn: Auto switch initiative order" option. If turned on, then when advancing initiative order on the CT, the CT will automatically toggle from Init order to AdjDX order before advancing to the next round.
* The GM can roll NPC attacks from the Combat Tracker. PC attacks are not added to the CT; players are expected to roll those (or the GM can do so by accessing the PC's character sheet).

## MAPS

* Choose the "Map Scale" button at the top to cycle from Hexes to Megahexes to various larger scales, per TFT.
* The range penalty displayed is for informational purposes only - it is not automatically applied to any rolls. You must do this yourself.

# TODO list (as of Version 1.13):

Split MA for flying/swimming creatures (NPCS too)
Specify Wizard/Hero characters
Proper accounting for Hits, Wounds, Fatigue, and Mana.
Should Talents have categories? **
Add Field for ST-based Unarmed Combat damage? **
Racial templates? **
Armor and weapons cost/weight change by size rating ***
The radial menu dial allowing selection of different numbers of dice doesn't work for adjDX fields for PC weapon entries. *
Account for other adjDX effcts in CT. *
Order Polearm attacks first in CT. *
Remove languages tab *

* In development (Bofinger)
** Low priority, nice to have?
*** Probably won't do

Done:
* Added adjST and adjIQ
* Changed Hexes to Size (S/M/L or Hex number)
* Added health color tracking in CT
* Made Modifier buttons cyclable and reduced menu size.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34497&stc=1&d=1588038273

DeviousIncubus
May 1st, 2020, 08:02
When are we playing TFT on Fantasy Grounds Unity? What date, time, and time zone?

AmadanNaBriona
May 1st, 2020, 15:22
I haven't set a date for another playtest yet.

AmadanNaBriona
May 7th, 2020, 03:29
Version 1.14 has better fonts, improved defense options, a Hero/Wizard selection feature, better accounting of Wounds and Fatigue, and lots of other stuff.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34984&d=1588818014

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 7th, 2020, 04:01
I would like to know if it would be possible to record a gameplay and even an example of character creation, from the general operational of this ruleset, I would be very happy to know in practice, being used by people who know it.

AmadanNaBriona
May 7th, 2020, 14:53
Hmm, I have never tried recording what I do, though I'm sure I have the apps to do it with. One of my other playtesters did record one of our sessions, I think, though it was with an earlier version. I'll see what I can do.

AmadanNaBriona
May 13th, 2020, 01:33
Lots of new features! Attacks now can select the attack type, which affects adjDX order. PCs can select their combat action - Dodge, Defend, Other, or a weapon attack. Wounds are correctly counted against ST. And Races, Spells, and Talents are now available! Create them in your campaign data, and players can drag them onto their character sheets. Racial attacks and defenses will be added automatically along with other traits.

(Because I do not have permission to distribute SJG content, the examples you see below are from my personal library. GMs will likewise have to create their own equipment, monster, spell, and talent lists.)

Note: The screenshot below is from FG Unity. Most testing has been done on FG Classic, but I am reasonably confident that all features work correctly on FGU as well.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35288&d=1589329835

# fg-tft
Fantasy Grounds ruleset for [The Fantasy Trip](https://thefantasytrip.game/).
By David Edelstein (AmadanNaBriona on [Fantasy Grounds](https://www.fantasygrounds.com)).
Based on the GURPS ruleset written by Brian Ronnle (aka Ronnke), and the CoreRPG ruleset by SmiteWorks.
Other contributors: Brian Ronnle, David Bofinger.
Talents icon by <a href='https://ya-webdesign.com'>https://ya-webdesign.com</a>

Octopus icon made by [Freepik](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/freepik) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
Sword icon made by [Good Ware](https://www.flaticon.com/authors/good-ware) from [Flaticon](https://www.flaticon.com)
Goblin by parkjisun from the Noun Project

# Tips

## CHARACTERS

* Click "Hero" or "Wizard" in the box at the top right to select the character type. Note that point costs for starting characters must still be calculated manually.
* Right-click an Attribute to get the option of rolling something other than 3d6 (when you need to roll 5/DX for example).
* Initiative bonus represents the bonus from Tactics or Strategy. Note that the initiative bonus will only apply for individual rolls (see below) or if that character is selected as "Leader" in the Combat Tracker.
* "Hits" is equal to ST - (Wounds + Fatigue). Fatigue must currently be entered manually. Wounds will automatically be applied if a character is Targeted (in the CT) and damaged. Note that changing any of these values manually may require some manual adjustments to the others, though generally, adding to Wounds/Fatigue will automatically reduce Hits.
* Right-click "Hits" or "Wounds" to open a healing menu (to heal 1, 2, 3, or all Wounds). You can also simply manually enter a new value in the Hits box. Fatigue must be changed manually.
* The Weapon list is for both weapons, and for different types of attacks (Unarmed, different attack modes for a weapon - thrown spears, spears in one or two hands, etc.)
* Choose an Option to represent the kind of attack, which will appear on the CT tracker
* The Defense list represents both equipment and other defensive abilities; e.g., protective spells, Toughness, etc.
* Defenses have a "Cover" icon: "Full" is for armor and other defenses that apply in all situations. "Frontal" is for Shields and other defenses that apply only vs. frontal attacks. "Melee" is for Parrying and other defenses that only apply to frontal melee attacks. These can also have values for penalties to attackers' adjDX. All these values will be reflected in the fields at the bottom of the character sheet. However, the CT currently takes the "Melee" value as the default Stopped Hits value applied to damage. There is not (yet) any automation to account for different attack types or facing, so damage inflicted may have to be adjusted manually. Also note that the penalty to attackers' adjDX is not (yet) automatically figured into attack rolls.

## Equipment

* If you drag an item from the Items menu onto a character's Inventory tab, it will appear there. If it is a Weapon or Defense, it will also appear in the Combat section on the main page. Dragging a Weapon or Defense onto the front page will also add it there, but will NOT automatically add it to the character's Inventory.
* If you delete an item from the weapons/defense list, it doesn't automatically unequip in the Inventory list. However, items that do not initially appear in the weapons/armor list will be automatically equipped on initialization if you click the Inventory tab and they are equipped.
* Toggling from Equipped to Carried/Not Carried on the inventory list will add/remove (respectively) weapons and armor from the combat sheet.
* MA and DX penalties are automatically applied based on encumbrance (see the lower left frame of the Inventory tab). If your Encumbrance is greater than your lift capacity, MA and adjDX will be reduced to 0!
* Entering a capacity item (e.g. Belt Pouch or Backpack) in an item's Location on the Inventory sheet will place it as a sub-entry beneath the carrying item.

## COMBAT TRACKER

* From the Menu, the Initiative submenu lets the GM roll for everyone, for friendlies only, or for all non-friendlies. By default, the same initiative roll will be assigned to an entire side.
* You can assign a "Leader" to a side by checking the star in the Leader column. That Leader's Initiative Bonus (if any) will be applied to the roll.
* PCs can also roll their initiatives individually by clicking on their "Init. Bonus" box. This will insert their roll into the CT for that character.
* There is a button at the bottom that toggles between "Move Order" and "Action Order." In TFT, there is a move phase by initiative roll, then actions in adjDX order. Toggle this to reorder combatants after everyone has finished their moves, then again after everyone has completed their actions. (It will also advance automatically at the end of each phase if using the next actor button.)
* The Options PCs select will set adjDX modifiers and move them accordingly on the CT. This includes going first (for Charging characters) and an archer firing 2x per round going last with their second shot.
* In the Options menu, in the "Combat (GM)" section, there is a "Turn: Auto switch initiative order" option. If turned on, then when advancing initiative order on the CT, the CT will automatically toggle from Move order to Action order before advancing to the next round.
* Since whoever wins initiative gets to choose which side goes first, clicking the Faction buttons at the bottom WHILE IN MOVE ORDER will force that faction to the top. (E.g., the PCs win initiatiave and want the other side to move first. Click the "Foes" button and they will be moved to the top while in Init order.)
* The GM can roll NPC attacks from the Combat Tracker. PC attacks are not added to the CT; players are expected to roll those (or the GM can do so by accessing the PC's character sheet).

## CREATING ITEMS:

* If you enter "Defense", "Melee Weapon", or "Ranged Weapon" in the "Type" field, the appropriate subfields will appear, and the item will appear in the appropriate group.
* Defense Items can be set to "Full" (meaning defense applies to all attacks - e.g., most armor), "Frontal" (meaning defense applies only to frontal attacks - e.g. shields), and "Melee" (meaning defense only applies to frontal melee attacks - e.g. main-gauches).

## MAPS

* Choose the "Map Scale" button at the top to cycle from Hexes to Megahexes to various larger scales, per TFT.
* The range penalty displayed is for informational purposes only - it is not automatically applied to any rolls. You must do this yourself.

# TODO list (as of Version 1.16:

Allow NPCs to choose Options on the CT, adjusting their adjDX, etc. in the same way as PCs
Automate Fatigue costs for spells
Allow NPC templates to be equipped with both weapons and defenses
Automate modifiers and stopped hits according to facing
Use Att, Defender, and Range modifiers for to-hit rolls
Mana (Staff/Powerstone Fatigue)?

# Done:
* Wizard/Hero characters
* Wounds are a separate attribute on CT and Charsheets.
* Removed mana (for now).
* Added points for Spells and Talents.
* Fixed fonts
* PCs can attack with multiple dice
* Attacks allow selecting the attack modifier, which adjusts DX on CT
* Added Options to character turns
* Improved CT sorting
* Added Field for ST-based Unarmed Combat damage
* Templates for Races, Talents, Spells. Can be added automatically to character sheets.

AmadanNaBriona
May 19th, 2020, 16:21
What's new? Some fixes in the Combat Tracker. Fatigue accounting (and the addition of a Fatigue recover option). Races!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35727&d=1589900101

You can create races and then drag-and-drop them onto a character sheet. Racial attributes (including attacks and defenses) will be added to the character sheet. Starting characteristics will be assigned to the character only if they are currently 0 (so it won't overwrite a character you have already started editing).

(As usual, what you see in the screenshot is from my personal library - actual races from TFT are not included in the ruleset; you must create your own.)

Hector Trelane
May 19th, 2020, 17:51
TFT was the first RPG I ever played as a small kid with my older brothers, way back in Stranger Things days... Good stuff.

ljewell
May 19th, 2020, 19:14
OMG The Fantasy Trip was the first RPG I played and ran. Love it. Thanks for you hard work!!!

AmadanNaBriona
May 28th, 2020, 18:04
Version 1.18 is below, with minor fixes.

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS!

Per the attached image, right now any character can choose their "Mode" of attack on their character sheet, which is reflected on the Combat Tracker (visible to the GM). This is mostly to tell the GM "What is this character doing this round?" but it can also affect the order in which characters are arranged on the CT. For example, if you choose "Charge" then you go to the top of the CT (since Charges happen before other attacks). If you choose "Bow 2/T" (meaning your character has a weapon and AdjDX that allows 2x shots per turn) then on the CT, each time you attack you will toggle between "1st shot" and "2nd shot" (going to the bottom of the CT in the latter case).

You can also see several Options with arrows at the bottom - Dodge, Defend, Other, and None. Clicking this (instead of a weapon attack) also shows up on the CT.

So my questions:

1. I do not particularly like "Bow 1/T" and "Bow 2/T" to represent all ranged attacks. AFAIK the only "canonical" weapon that can fire twice per turn in TFT is a bow, but I would still prefer "Missile." (OTOH, "Bow" is shorter, saving valuable screen real estate.)

2. Right now, each attack has no less than 7 modes to choose from: Melee, HTH, Throw, Bow 1/T, Bow 2/T, Charge, Jab. In practice, you usually won't change it once set. But it is valuable for the GM to know at a glance that Fred is in HTH while Joey is prepping her second arrow, and Haphaestus is Charging. OTOH, it seems like too many choices and in practice, I have found players don't want to do this much clicking. The only options that actually change your CT order are Charge and Bow 2/T. So I am debating what options should actually be present.

3. Along the same lines, Dodge, Defend, and Other (for some non-combat action) are all pretty clear. And Dodge and Defend, while not implemented yet, will actually automate the extra dice an attacker must roll against you. However, the other dev feels that it's useful for the GM to know whether you're doing some "Other" action or just holding/doing nothing (i.e., "None"). I think he'd just say that verbally, and it's adding an unnecessary additional option, and frankly, I think we should get rid of both "Other" and "None" (you can just deselect all arrows and you appear as "?" on the CT. GM: "What are you doing Fred? Trying to Disbelieve? Okay, cool.")

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36192&d=1590685156

Hcobb
May 28th, 2020, 18:26
"Hits" makes little sense, replace with adjMana and reduce adjST by wounds and Fatigue.

adjIQ could be replaced with the base Mana level.

AmadanNaBriona
May 28th, 2020, 18:31
AdjST is for someone whose ST is modified by a spell (e.g. Aid) or other effects. It doesn't represent hit points. Ditto AdjIQ. Admittedly those are both rare situations.

"Mana" isn't a TFT term either, but I have been unsure how to represent Fatigue points held in a Staff.

Hcobb
May 28th, 2020, 18:35
ITL 11: "Mana – A stat of the wizard’s staff. A staff can store ST equal to its mana."
So replace "Hits" with "Power" and start this at the total of available Mana and Powerstone charge in the inventory. (This is then reduced as these sources are depleted.)

AmadanNaBriona
June 18th, 2020, 02:50
Only a few minor changes (including correcting the to-hit table). Range modifiers should work now.

Terdwillow
July 2nd, 2020, 00:33
This is fantastic! I have a campaign that I've been working on in Realm Works. I'll spend some time this weekend moving it into Unity and seeing how it works. Great job and thank you!

Terdwillow
July 23rd, 2020, 18:23
Quick question. I noticed in your screenshots, you have the weapons and talents programmed into your character sheets. Do we populate these ourselves or has someone created a module with the weapons or talents included?

AmadanNaBriona
July 23rd, 2020, 18:43
Quick question. I noticed in your screenshots, you have the weapons and talents programmed into your character sheets. Do we populate these ourselves or has someone created a module with the weapons or talents included?

Anything taken from published SJG material can only be distributed with their permission. So unfortunately, while I do have my own library of In the Labyrinth items, spells, talents, races, monsters, etc., I can only use it in my personal games.

Until SJG shows interest in supporting TFT on FG, I'm afraid each GM needs to populate their own libraries.

Terdwillow
July 29th, 2020, 21:19
I've already added the weapons and will put in the other libraries. No problem. Everything works great!

ike1045
October 3rd, 2020, 21:36
Hi AmadanNaBriona I am new to the forms and to Fantasy Grounds. Thank you for creating TFT to be more user friendly on Fantasy Grounds. How do you open the TFT.pak and run it on Fantasy Grounds? Thanks.

I figured it out. I didn't realize it was so easy you just need to know where to download the pak file to then update FG. For anyone else not knowing where to download it you open up Fantasy Grounds. In the upper left hand corner there is a folder where the rulesets are located. You can just past it in there. Then update FG.

Maxhavic
February 11th, 2023, 18:34
When I created TFT campaign I am getting an error on start and I load other sheets and actions.

56168 56169 56170

I am missing a dependency? I installed the PAK to my ruleset folder like I have with other PAK. What am I missing.

I am getting this error anytime I opening any buttons on the side bar. This ruleset is basically unusable at this time for me. I see it works great for others. Just not for me.