PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Assets from token folder

Sgain
March 18th, 2020, 18:35
Hi folks;

I've got a huge amount of tokens that have placed in my Tokens folder - I assume by Smiteworks.
I don't want to use them and they clutter up my folder. How do I delete or deactivate them?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 19:02
You can't - unless you put them there. In which case you can delete them. The way Unity works is that all assets (tokens, images etc) are always available.

Sgain
March 18th, 2020, 19:16
Well - it's a huge pain. Can't we at least hide the stuff we don't use?

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2020, 19:33
There's no option for that right now; though we may look at in the future.

All assets will be grouped by module name for any modules you own or installed, any files in the FGU data folder will be in a Data group, and any files in the campaign folder will be in a Campaign group.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 19:37
Well - it's a huge pain. Can't we at least hide the stuff we don't use?

No. Any tokens in any modules that you own will show in the tokens folder as well as any images from any module you own will be in images.

If you have your own tokens then put them in the tokens/host folder in the top level of the FG Data directory and you can then access them by clicking on the folder button. If you've made token modules give them a name that'll make them appear at the top of the list of token bags. You can also just search for the name of the token or token bag you want of course.

Sgain
March 19th, 2020, 03:59
this is what I'm seeing right now;
I do own a lot of tokens that I've bought over the years, but this is beyond a mess. I don't use and will most likely never use a whole bunch of these.

Gezzer
March 19th, 2020, 04:41
this is what I'm seeing right now;
I do own a lot of tokens that I've bought over the years, but this is beyond a mess. I don't use and will most likely never use a whole bunch of these.

What I find kind of weird is the fact that the assets folder shows all a module assets when you actually haven't added/loaded the module to the current campaign. This isn't how it works with FGC. If you don't want to see any assets like maps or tokens from a certain module you just don't load it from the library and you don't see it. The current problem seems to be from the new way they handle assets and I'm not too sure if it's a bug that'll get fixed, or a "feature" that we'll have to learn to live with. My asset folders are even worse then your example with all the modules I've bought over the years. The only saving grace is the fact that I can change how the list is displayed giving each folder a prominent title besides it instead of just on mouse over.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 11:49
What I find kind of weird is the fact that the assets folder shows all a module assets when you actually haven't added/loaded the module to the current campaign. This isn't how it works with FGC. If you don't want to see any assets like maps or tokens from a certain module you just don't load it from the library and you don't see it. The current problem seems to be from the new way they handle assets and I'm not too sure if it's a bug that'll get fixed, or a "feature" that we'll have to learn to live with. My asset folders are even worse then your example with all the modules I've bought over the years. The only saving grace is the fact that I can change how the list is displayed giving each folder a prominent title besides it instead of just on mouse over.

The way images are handled now is different than it was in classic. You can now build maps in Unity using any image that you have from any module that you own. This means you can build a map from images that are scattered across a dozen modules. All images are now added into Assets so that you can access them in any campaign and in any map you create. It isn't a bug; it is a feature of Unity and a huge step forward for the software over Classic.

Note also that these images are not being loaded into the campaign unless you actually use them in the campaign. The Assets button is just a convenient way to access all of your images.

More information here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/951023/Using+the+Assets+Window+for+Tokens+Portraits+and+I mages

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 12:04
I agree that this could soon get overwhelming with a lot of assets being viewed. I also understand how the new architecture shows all you have.

Maybe something like a "My Favourites" section would be handy. Allowing you to tag favourite token packs, image modules, etc. and then quickly access those. If that sounds like a good idea, then you know where the wishlist is! :)

amanwing
August 21st, 2023, 17:32
I'm curious if there have been any recent updates regarding this matter. I find myself in a situation where I have accumulated nine pages of assets, and I'm currently struggling to manage them effectively. It would be immensely helpful if there were an option available to hide or remove certain items from view.

Thank you in advance!

Zacchaeus
August 21st, 2023, 21:11
I'm curious if there have been any recent updates regarding this matter. I find myself in a situation where I have accumulated nine pages of assets, and I'm currently struggling to manage them effectively. It would be immensely helpful if there were an option available to hide or remove certain items from view.

Thank you in advance!

No, for the reasons noted above there have been no changes to the way this works.