PDA

View Full Version : silly question: DataCommon - conditionaltags?

Varsuuk
March 18th, 2020, 05:45
Is the conditionaltags table a leftover no longer used?

Or is it used in a ruleset I do not own?

Or did I miss where it is SO OBVIOUSLY used? ;)

(was looking at the checkConditions() call in 5E/2E)

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2020, 19:56
It is used in the EffectManager2E/EffectManager35E/EffectManager4E/EffectManager5E/etc. scripts defined in the same ruleset with the conditionaltags version of DataCommon script.

Regards,
JPG

Varsuuk
March 20th, 2020, 06:46
Right.

My point was not clear. I meant, look at how it is "used" in each of those scripts.

conditionaltags = {
}

and of course the contains check for condtions which has "stuff" in it is followed by the exact same call sig but with conditionaltags argument - which made me thing once it was for some sort of dynamic tagging or something that was added on the fly vs predefined but every ruleset I saw had just the define and the contains calls as the only references.

celestian
March 20th, 2020, 06:55
Right.

My point was not clear. I meant, look at how it is "used" in each of those scripts.

conditionaltags = {
}

and of course the contains check for condtions which has "stuff" in it is followed by the exact same call sig but with conditionaltags argument - which made me thing once it was for some sort of dynamic tagging or something that was added on the fly vs predefined but every ruleset I saw had just the define and the contains calls as the only references.

I'm not sure what the original intent was (far as I looked back it was empty) so I'm not sure of the origin. In the 2E ruleset it's there because it exists in the other.

Varsuuk
March 20th, 2020, 16:59
Yeah, any dev has experience with code “copied over” because was part of some base code. That’s why wondered if it was something:

1) abandoned but not removed.
2) from a Ruleset not built in or SW, C&C, not sure if bought others (not including things like AD&D Rulebook and SW extension worlds since Th year use their base Ruleset s)
3) it is there as a place to put optional something just not documented and no one has used