PDA

View Full Version : Explorer's Guide to Wildemount - Map Pins??

Captcorajus
March 18th, 2020, 03:19
Purchased my copy of the 'Explorer's Guide to Wildemount" last night, but it appears that NONE of the maps within, world maps, adventures maps, none of them are map pinned.

One of the coolest features of FG is the ability to instantly find your information through map pins. Is there something I"m missing/ need to switch on?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 03:40
I'm not seeing this; are you using any extensions? Do you still not see any pins in a new campaign without extensions?

Captcorajus
March 18th, 2020, 08:44
Nope. No Map pins. I have other things open, other modules and there are map pins there. The Wildemount campaign has no map pins that I can see.

ddavison
March 18th, 2020, 13:52
Can you triple check that you don’t have any extensions active? I recall having another report on a different module where that was the source of the issue.

If not, can you create a new test campaign and retest it there?

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 14:07
This would include themes remember; which are also extensions.

ddavison
March 18th, 2020, 14:13
Posting a screenshot or two would also help us identify the problem and allow us to recreate it.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2020, 16:46
Note that the map pins only appear on the adventure maps. It is the adventure maps you are looking at right?

Captcorajus
March 19th, 2020, 01:20
Trust me, its not an extension. I have other modules open in this same campaign and they appear just fine.

Looking at how the explorer's guide is laid out, only for the adventures would map pins even be possible, and they are NOT there.

For example... if you go to STORY there are NO locations even there to make map pins WITH. The ONLY place to find world information is the Reference manual. Its like this guide is incomplete.

I can go to the adventure maps and DRAG the story links to the maps provided and they show up, but there are none there NOW.

Looking at the Sword Coast guide. I can see that there are no map pins for locations on the world map..

Captcorajus
March 19th, 2020, 01:30
Here's a video of me, DRAGGING links to an adventure map in FG to show what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is, shouldn't those links already be there???

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ppunT_xwBE8Va-ZqTF4uSuJNfr4BlR3l

32263 <<< the before picture

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 02:06
I can’t see your video on my tablet at the moment. But just to confirm when you open a map in the adventure you don’t see any pins on the maps? The maps in the guide are not pinned, only the adventure maps have pins in the adventure module.

damned
March 19th, 2020, 02:19
Pins are usually on the Player Maps.

Captcorajus
March 19th, 2020, 02:33
The adventure maps DON'T have pins. I uploaded a picture as well

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 02:41
I can’t reproduce still. I’ve contacted the developer to see if he has some insight.

The High Druid
March 19th, 2020, 12:36
The adventure maps DON'T have pins. I uploaded a picture as well

You did. Your picture also shows you are looking at the GM map (does the player map have the same issue?), that you have other modules open, and have the wotc theme running. Zacc asked above if you could try it in a new, clean campaign with *nothing* else open. Everyone knows this is a frustrating and time-consuming extra step, but it does help the devs try to figure where the problem might be.

(If the pins show up in the clean campaign, the next step is to add your other stuff in one-at-a-time until it breaks again, to try to identify which causes the problem)

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 12:47
You did. Your picture also shows you are looking at the GM map (does the player map have the same issue?)

Both the player and DM maps are pinned.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 13:30
One other thing. Can you close all the modules except the Adventure module and see if the map pins show up when you open a map.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 14:10
And also "revert changes" on the module from the module activation screen.

Captcorajus
March 19th, 2020, 18:00
None of the Adventure maps are Pinned. Now, I did close out everything and reopen it. The one adventure map that I 'pinned' myself.. is STILL pinned, but none of the otherones are. So not sure what's going on here. Every single thing i have other than wildemount this is suppose to have pins... has pins. The problem is specific to the new Wildemount book.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2020, 18:42
None of the Adventure maps are Pinned. Now, I did close out everything and reopen it. The one adventure map that I 'pinned' myself.. is STILL pinned, but none of the otherones are. So not sure what's going on here. Every single thing i have other than wildemount this is suppose to have pins... has pins. The problem is specific to the new Wildemount book.

Sorry, I know I'm being a pest but we are really struggling to see this error (and the only other person who reported it was looking at the wrong maps). There is an issue with the maps being duplicated in the non adventure part of the module and that will get sorted in the next release. But right now; if the adventure only is open and every other module for Wildemount is closed you should see the pins on both the DM and player maps. So are you saying, just so I can get it right and try to investigate further; that in a new campaign - without extensions - and with every other module closed (i.e. not loaded) and only the adventure loaded you are not seeing any pins on the adventure maps?

LordEntrails
March 20th, 2020, 06:40
Perhaps a screen share via Discord would solve this issue much quicker?

Captcorajus
March 25th, 2020, 14:30
Got the latest update. Closed out all my Wildmount MODS, updated, then reopened, the map pins are there now, so apparently whatever the problem was got fixed in the update. At least for me.

hawkwind
March 25th, 2020, 14:39
i had this issue a few years ago with the tortle module, the issue came and went by itself, i di report in the forums at the time, maybe the module didnt down load properly in the first place