PDA

View Full Version : Gamma World?

raynbowbrite
March 17th, 2020, 23:03
Anyone know if anyone ever did a Gamma World 7e (the 4e based one) ruleset for Fantasy Grounds?

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2020, 05:54
Not that I remember seeing. A quick search doesn't reveal one that ever got completed, but I could have missed it.

I would suggest you look at the MoreCore Ruleset. It is the most flexible of the generic rulesets. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset

raynbowbrite
March 18th, 2020, 11:26
Thanks, I'll check it out!

damned
March 18th, 2020, 11:34
If its based on 4E Id use 4E...

raynbowbrite
March 18th, 2020, 11:38
It is based on 4e, with some changes.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to mod a character sheet?

damned
March 18th, 2020, 12:45
Here is an example of extending a character sheet via code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKJDwUt554

raynbowbrite
March 18th, 2020, 13:20
thanks!

Ryuson
August 24th, 2020, 19:09
Quick question about this: for 7e GW, it's not exactly 4e. The stats are the same (e.g, AC, Will, Fort, Reflex). But for example, ability progression is different b/c there are only 10 levels.

Is that something that is embedded in some rule set? I DON'T think it is as I seem to recall when you level up (using 5e), it doesn't prompt you to change your attributes at 4th level. You have to do that manually.

I'm thinking 7e GW might be an ideal ruleset for me, above and beyond 4e.

raynbowbrite
August 24th, 2020, 19:20
Yeah, the bonus progression in 4e is a +1 every 2 levels, and Gamma World is +1 every level. The ruleset doesn't account for that. What I did in my game, was just have everyone put in their level as twice what it actually was. I.E. We played a 1st level game, and everyone put level 2 on their character sheet to make the math work right.

If you're also talking about the ability increases you get when you level up, non of that is automated in the 4th edition ruleset (I don't know how it works in the 5th edition ruleset, I haven't used it).